+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Remark Success rate

vivekdelhi

Jun 28, 2017
Guys , took my exam at B.C. scored 8 , 8.5 , 6.5 , 9 ( LRWS ).

I am pretty sure I wrote damn good essay , will apply for remarking tomorrow.

Are my chances good , and can I ask for copies of my essays . I am pretty sure

these IELTS folks are manipulating scores so that they could make more money.

Feeling extremely angry at this “ not for profit “ outfit.

Hi Nzareth

Pls see my previous posts... No doubt that your observation is correct that the examining agencies are making a quick buck and simultaneously denying people their chance of entering the 1st world countries.

This entire system is a sham wherein the examiners are very casual in their checking. I know a few of them personally. Then, there is fudging of results in a way that a candidate scores below par score in the immigration system of Canada and Australia both.

Reactions: Nzareth2Canda

hammoda4ever

Jan 21, 2018
Hey guys,
I would like to participate in this topic. I did IELTS with the British Council and wasn't happy with the result so i decided to apply for a remark, below are the details:

Module: General (for Australian Immigration)
Test location: Dubai, UAE
Test date: 11.11.2017
Result date: 24.11.2017
Remark request date: 25.11.2017
Result:
L - 8.5
R - 7.5
S - 7
W - 6.5

I just needed 0.5 in writing . I'm still waiting for the outcome of the remark, the British Council told me yesterday that i will be receiving it within the next 4-5 days.

Fingers crossed.

Mohammed,

gemini81

Jan 7, 2018
Best of Luck. Do let us know the outcome.

Hey guys,
I would like to participate in this topic. I did IELTS with the British Council and wasn't happy with the result so i decided to apply for a remark, below are the details:

Result:
L - 8.5
R - 7.5
S - 7
W - 6.5

I just needed 0.5 in writing . I'm still waiting for the outcome of the remark, the British Council told me yesterday that i will be receiving it within the next 4-5 days.

Fingers crossed.

Mohammed,

KingKurly

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys after a long gap i am back to forum to share the news that I am still trying to get the grasp of. After 5 attempts in IELTS via British Council, I took the test again on Dec 2 through IDP for the first time. My initial score was L 8.5, R 7, W 6.5 and S 7.5. I requested for EOR and to my surprise I got the call from IDP in only 3 weeks my Writing score has been revised from 6.5 to 7. Got the TRF too. It's been hell of a journey for IELTS and I couldn't be more happier that its over. My new CRS is 449; got to update the score in my EE profile. Also withdrew my OINP application which was still submitted and hopefully I will get the refund as well.

My advice, if you are confident go for the EOR, not just to try your luck. It will work for sure if you are confident. In fact my Oct 28 result of EOR via British Council is still due in which i initially got L 8.5, R 8.5, W 6.5 and S 7.0. Hopefully that too will be revised and I would get the refund. All the best to all those who are waiting for their EOR.

Last edited:

Micky345

Champion Member
Dec 2, 2017
Hello guys after a long gap i am back to forum to share the news that I am still trying to get the grasp of. After 5 attempts in IELTS via British Council, I took the test again on Dec 2 through IDP for the first time. My initial score was L 8.5, R 7, W 6.5 and S 7.5. I requested for EOR and to my surprise I got the call from IDP in only 3 weeks my Writing score has been revised from 6.5 to 7. Got the TRF too. It's been hell of a journey for IELTS and I couldn't be more happier that its over. My new CRS is 449; got to update the score in my EE profile. Also withdrew my OINP application which was still submitted and hopefully I will get the refund as well.

My advice, if you are confident go for the EOR, not just to try your luck. It will work for sure if you are confident. In fact my Oct 28 result of EOR via British Council is still due in which i initially got L 8.5, R 8.5, W 6.5 and S 7.0. Hopefully that too will be revised and I would get the refund. All the best to all those who are waiting for their EOR.
Congratulations.

Don’t wait for BC results they are really worst. I applied for EOR 10 weeks back and they are now saying results are delayed and it will take 7-8 weeks.

What’s wrong with these people? They don’t understand how critical these results are for us and delaying it further makes us loose our deadlines and plans.

Reactions: KingKurly

Micky345

Champion Member
Dec 2, 2017
Hey guys,

Result:
L - 8.5
R - 7.5
S - 7
W - 6.5

Fingers crossed.

Mohammed,
That’s great news for you. Mine is delayed by 8 more weeks.

Did they share email or was it over phone.

hammoda4ever

Jan 21, 2018
That’s great news for you. Mine is delayed by 8 more weeks.

Did they share email or was it over phone.
They shared the news over the phone after i have called them. How did they communicate with you the delay? When did you apply for a remark?

Micky345

Champion Member
Dec 2, 2017
The British Council says it only takes 8 weeks to process the remark. I don't understand these delays.
Yeah it’s also mentioned on the EOR form that maximum 8-10 weeks. Additional 8 weeks is too much. I asked them and they don’t have any reply. All plans are gone. Can’t take any action also.

I called and shouted with anger but of no use. My words fell on deaf ears. So careless attitude.

hammoda4ever

Jan 21, 2018
Yeah it’s also mentioned on the EOR form that maximum 8-10 weeks. Additional 8 weeks is too much. I asked them and they don’t have any reply. All plans are gone. Can’t take any action also.

I called and shouted with anger but of no use. My words fell on deaf ears. So careless attitude.
Resit IETLS, this time with IDP. I heard they release the outcome faster and they process the remark within 3-4 weeks only.

Micky345

Champion Member
Dec 2, 2017
Resit IETLS, this time with IDP. I heard they release the outcome faster and they process the remark within 3-4 weeks only.
It’s not about resitting exam. If someone chooses institution it’s their responsibility to ensure timely service.
It’s of no use now as already so much time is wasted and nw I don’t have any time.

Will move on to something else.

Armour

Oct 28, 2017
I applied for EOR on 21st November 2017. Today I received following sms from British Council:

"Dear Candidate,
This is to inform you that there is delay in results for Enquiry on Results (EOR). We will share next update on 19 Feb, 2018.
Regards,
British Council"

My test centre was Ludhiana, India. Really fed up of waiting indefinitely. I need an increase of 0.5 in both writing and speaking.

Last edited:

Micky345

Champion Member
Dec 2, 2017
I applied for EOR on 21st October 2017. Today I received following sms from British Council:

"Dear Candidate,
This is to inform you that there is delay in results for Enquiry on Results (EOR). We will share next update on 19 Feb, 2018.
Regards,
British Council"

My test centre was Ludhiana, India. Really fed up of waiting indefinitely. I need an increase of 0.5 in both writing and speaking.
Ohh then in that case i am not alone. But bro thats too long. Dont you think so?
We already gave our 10 weeks and additional 6-7 weeks is too much.

Even latest IELTS results are withheld from BC. What a shame this is.