Med's Done....
Upfront on 29th April..Updated on Ecas on 26th May
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
I am so happy that I got rejection..I was rready for it its just long wait was making me crazy
.I will send my new application by Monday...I have 11 month b4 my work permit expires...Thank again for ur support

I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the Canadian Experience Class and have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

According to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, applicants in the Canadian Experience Class are assessed on the basis of the pass/fail requirements set out in subsection R87.1(2). The assessment of these criteria determines whether a worker with Canadian experience will be able to become economically established in Canada. The criteria are:

· knowledge of English or French,

· Canadian skilled work experience,

· Canadian educational credentials (for the Post-Graduation Stream only).

Your application was assessed based on the occupation which you identified as part of your skilled work experience in Canada: geophysicist (NOC 2113).

I am not satisfied that you meet the skilled work experience requirement. According to your application, you worked from February 21, 2012 to October 11, 2012 as a geophysicist for XXX (7mo). You also worked as a geophysicist for XXXX from July 4, 2011 to February 14, 2012 (8 mo), and as a Research Assistant for University of Calgary from September 2008 to May 2011, while you were studying. As such, your work as a research assistant does not meet the definition of “work” as defined under R2 of the Regulations.

Definition of "Work" [R2]
“Work” is defined in the Regulations as an activity for which wages are paid or commission is earned, or that competes directly with activities of Canadian citizens or permanent residents in the Canadian labour market.

Per R87.1(a)(A), to qualify under the post-graduation stream, an applicant must have acquired 12 months of full-time skilled work experience after having obtained a Canadian educational credential (degree, diploma, or certificate) on the completion of a program of full time study or training of at least two years duration in Canada. I note that your educational credential was granted on 10NOV2011, as a result, the qualifying period commences at that time and unfortunately you have acquired 12 months of full time skilled work experience during his qualifying period.

I have also assessed applicant under the TFW stream. Under this stream, your qualifying period is from October 30, 2009 to October 31, 2012. During this period, you accumulated 15 months of skilled work experience. As stated above, the letter from the University of Calgary does not distinguish between studies and work experience, as such I am not satisfied you have acquired 24 months of skilled work within 36 months before the application was made.
Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(1) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and Regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Took quite a while, eh? Glad you finally got closure on that issue.
All the best with your new application!!

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
There might be a silver lining - are you able to ask the university whether they can distinguish between studies and work experience when you worked as a Research Assistant? It seems, if this was done(or is possible), you may get enough credit to get the 24 months. Worth trying it though even as you re-apply.

"As stated above, the letter from the University of Calgary does not distinguish between studies and work experience, as such I am not satisfied you have acquired 24 months of skilled work within 36 months before the application was made.
Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the Regulations."

alak0008

Star Member
Oct 15, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2012
AOR Received.
28-12-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
16-10-2013
Med's Done....
17-10-2013, and CIC received it on 24-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-11-2013, Sent passport on 29-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2013, Received passport on 17-12-2013
LANDED..........
18-12-2013
gladaki said:
I am so happy that I got rejection..I was rready for it its just long wait was making me crazy
.I will send my new application by Monday...I have 11 month b4 my work permit expires...Thank again for ur support

I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the Canadian Experience Class and have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

According to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, applicants in the Canadian Experience Class are assessed on the basis of the pass/fail requirements set out in subsection R87.1(2). The assessment of these criteria determines whether a worker with Canadian experience will be able to become economically established in Canada. The criteria are:

· knowledge of English or French,

· Canadian skilled work experience,

· Canadian educational credentials (for the Post-Graduation Stream only).

Your application was assessed based on the occupation which you identified as part of your skilled work experience in Canada: geophysicist (NOC 2113).

I am not satisfied that you meet the skilled work experience requirement. According to your application, you worked from February 21, 2012 to October 11, 2012 as a geophysicist for XXX (7mo). You also worked as a geophysicist for XXXX from July 4, 2011 to February 14, 2012 (8 mo), and as a Research Assistant for University of Calgary from September 2008 to May 2011, while you were studying. As such, your work as a research assistant does not meet the definition of “work” as defined under R2 of the Regulations.

“Work” is defined in the Regulations as an activity for which wages are paid or commission is earned, or that competes directly with activities of Canadian citizens or permanent residents in the Canadian labour market.

Per R87.1(a)(A), to qualify under the post-graduation stream, an applicant must have acquired 12 months of full-time skilled work experience after having obtained a Canadian educational credential (degree, diploma, or certificate) on the completion of a program of full time study or training of at least two years duration in Canada. I note that your educational credential was granted on 10NOV2011, as a result, the qualifying period commences at that time and unfortunately you have acquired 12 months of full time skilled work experience during his qualifying period.

I have also assessed applicant under the TFW stream. Under this stream, your qualifying period is from October 30, 2009 to October 31, 2012. During this period, you accumulated 15 months of skilled work experience. As stated above, the letter from the University of Calgary does not distinguish between studies and work experience, as such I am not satisfied you have acquired 24 months of skilled work within 36 months before the application was made.
Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(1) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and Regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.
Sorry to hear that, but it is never the end.

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
Bloody h*ll mate! That sucks. But at least you finally have an answer...12 months later. WOW. :eek:

And the letter was a lot more extensive than others have gotten. Never seen this part before either:

“Work” is defined in the Regulations as an activity for which wages are paid or commission is earned, or that competes directly with activities of Canadian citizens or permanent residents in the Canadian labour market. **I know its generic, but still.

I guess they are starting to cover themselves with detailed explanations, instead of just saying you dont fulfill because of bla bla.

Good luck with the new app. Hopefully doesnt take as long this time around! :)

octskapp

Star Member
Jul 5, 2013
sorry to hear that.. i understand all the frustrations you had to go through..
but I somehow thought you'd be just fine.
If you re-apply you will for sure get your PR this time.

AJ12345

Oct 7, 2013
good luck for the next time mate.!! i am sure you have more than one year experience by now so there wont be any issues this time

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Really sorry to hear G.

Next time. I'm glad your new app is ready! Keep double checking everything!!

kprs_ind

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
Sorry to hear about your application.

But now you have a sure shot with 1 year of exp. All the best mate!

cinderella

Star Member
Apr 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney,NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2013
AOR Received.
15-10-2013
Med's Request
24-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-04-2014
Passport Req..
15-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-05-2014
LANDED..........
05-05-2014
God bless Gladalaki...praying you all the best;)

mady_1982

Star Member
May 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP -Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2013
Doc's Request.
22-08-2013 -RCMP Requested
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
13-05-2013
Med's Request
10-12-2013
Med's Done....
13-12-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
sorry to hear that buddy

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
im really sorry to hear about your rejection GLADAKI,i can feel your pain and frustration after a 12 months wait just to hear a bad news where they could have easly informed you at least tow months earlier.
but don't worry as you kinda expexted this outcome,the most important is the waiting game is over and your next application is ready to go,please triple check everything before you submit it to CIO.
good luck this time and GOD bless you. :)

lolita22

Star Member
Jan 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November, 7th, 2012
AOR Received.
January 2nd, 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
July 3rd, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 19th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 17th, 2013
LANDED..........
Nov, 2nd, 2013
So sorry to hear this! Wish you good luck on your next application.