24-12-2013
Med's Done....
06-01-2014 (eCAS received 02-02-2014)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Visa exepmt
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2014 (received in mail 05-02-2014)
LANDED..........
06-02-2014 at Peace bridge
Sorry about the rejection. The good part is now you know where you stand, and how to make your next application strong! All the best!

green_dc

Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
06-03-2013
Hi Gladaki,

so sorry to hear that. I thought that they would show some mercy on 10 days shortage in exp.

Good luck with your new app now. Double check everything before sending.

gladaki said:
I am so happy that I got rejection..I was rready for it its just long wait was making me crazy
.I will send my new application by Monday...I have 11 month b4 my work permit expires...Thank again for ur support

I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the Canadian Experience Class and have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

According to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, applicants in the Canadian Experience Class are assessed on the basis of the pass/fail requirements set out in subsection R87.1(2). The assessment of these criteria determines whether a worker with Canadian experience will be able to become economically established in Canada. The criteria are:

· knowledge of English or French,

· Canadian skilled work experience,

· Canadian educational credentials (for the Post-Graduation Stream only).

Your application was assessed based on the occupation which you identified as part of your skilled work experience in Canada: geophysicist (NOC 2113).

I am not satisfied that you meet the skilled work experience requirement. According to your application, you worked from February 21, 2012 to October 11, 2012 as a geophysicist for XXX (7mo). You also worked as a geophysicist for XXXX from July 4, 2011 to February 14, 2012 (8 mo), and as a Research Assistant for University of Calgary from September 2008 to May 2011, while you were studying. As such, your work as a research assistant does not meet the definition of “work” as defined under R2 of the Regulations.

Definition of "Work" [R2]
“Work” is defined in the Regulations as an activity for which wages are paid or commission is earned, or that competes directly with activities of Canadian citizens or permanent residents in the Canadian labour market.

Per R87.1(a)(A), to qualify under the post-graduation stream, an applicant must have acquired 12 months of full-time skilled work experience after having obtained a Canadian educational credential (degree, diploma, or certificate) on the completion of a program of full time study or training of at least two years duration in Canada. I note that your educational credential was granted on 10NOV2011, as a result, the qualifying period commences at that time and unfortunately you have acquired 12 months of full time skilled work experience during his qualifying period.

I have also assessed applicant under the TFW stream. Under this stream, your qualifying period is from October 30, 2009 to October 31, 2012. During this period, you accumulated 15 months of skilled work experience. As stated above, the letter from the University of Calgary does not distinguish between studies and work experience, as such I am not satisfied you have acquired 24 months of skilled work within 36 months before the application was made.
Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(1) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and Regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.