+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regulations shared by CIC for Corona virus

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
I am in the same boat as you and lot of others here. My COPR expires on 30th April. I am currently in the US and unless I travel within the next 12 hrs, its seems like doom and gloom.
I submitted a COPR extension request yesterday through the webform in the associated official link , I am hoping to get a response by the end of this week, somewhere I saw they would be responding in 2-5 business days.
Will post it once I receive the response

Thanks for sharing the update on your case
Yes, lets keep everyone posted

Gsk47

Nov 8, 2019
AOR Received.
9th july, 2019
Med's Done....
08-2019
Hi
My and wife's CoPR is till 3rd July, my wife 's sister is Citizen, they enquired at Canada Border Security Agency, Immigration Officer, Our Airline ( BA), response is

- airline is allowing to board as we have valid travel documents
- immigration office is allowing CoPRs unless border security is fine
- Border Security is allowing as wife s sister is Citizen...

Overall CoPRs are allowed if citizen relationship can be proved

However its tricky and very risky decision in current circumstances

loussica

Apr 10, 2019
We have CoPR valid until Aug 19, no travel restrictions but we’re very scared for Canada and our country is very safe. I’d like to know if anyone with an earlier expiry date gets a reopened application sometime soon, what does the process look like and how long does it take.
It looks like they will ask for new medical, criminal, and passport docs, maybe it won’t take long to get a new CoPR.

Re-opened applications
Approved applications can be re-opened in GCMS by cancelling the COPR and PRV and removing the final decision.

When to review a re-opened application
Once the applicant informs IRCC via the web form that they are able to travel, a re-opened application may be re-approved provided that the applicant and their family members, whether accompanying or not, have valid immigration medical examinations, criminal and security checks and passports.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html#Approved_permanent_residence

Gsk47

Nov 8, 2019
AOR Received.
9th july, 2019
Med's Done....
08-2019
Correct, lets wait for next week for complete details and implementation of these rules...

Reactions: Dia89

Nikmal

Star Member
May 30, 2018
https://www.reddit.com/r/onguardforthee/comments/fhzs5y They are considering "tightening" border (or closing completely?). My COPR expires on the 21st of April, Lufthansa canceled my flight. I had to buy another ticket through Turkey, now my country is reducing flights to Turkey....damn!
Your flight will be cancelled. Same case with me. I had a flight on apr 14th from delhi to Turkey to Toronto and airlines cancelled the flight from turkey to canada. They are not even available to answer my queries for refund. And there is no other routing that is appropriate because europe is banned, asia is banned and so US has its own restrictions. Only option direct flight and they are ridiculously expensive. Also in such a condition, Canada government should not even force us to fly there (their website says "people under exceptions must continue to fly......"). We will have no help. No accomodation. No job. Everything is lockdown in canada too. I don't know what to do. I am just looking for people whose COPRs are expiring before mine so that i can get an idea on what to do next.

Molino de Viente

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Kazakhstan
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26/04/2019
Med's Done....
06/06/2019
Passport Req..
31/10/2019
They are not even available to answer my queries for refund
It gave up attempts to reach Turkish Airlines by phone - no answer. However, I have been able to cancel the flights without penalties, because Turkey put a travel ban from Kazakhstan.
no other routing that is appropriate because europe is banned
I hope UAE lifts the ban in two week (starting 25th of March), in this case I could probably fly through Dubai - not sure if it works for you.

I am just looking for people whose COPRs are expiring before mine
There was a person whose COPR expires on the 25th of March, he might share his experience with writing a web-form. Also https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/copr-and-coronavirus.681880/page-81
Also, on another thread a person recieved a reply from IRCC saying "after your COPR expires, and you say you are able to travel, we will send you instructions on Medicals which you need to clear within 90 days". It is not an exact quote, let me find it.

AmyCLC

Star Member
Mar 25, 2020
China, Malaysia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
China for me, Malaysia for husband
App. Filed.......
01-02-2018
Doc's Request.
12-05-2018
IELTS Request
01-05-2018
Med's Request
22-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2020
Has anyone any updates on CopR under current situation? Do they expect us to go land and stay quarantine for 14 days (do they know we are not going there just to land but maybe look around the city and familiarize, especially travel to Canada is expensive?)?

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Has anyone any updates on CopR under current situation? Do they expect us to go land and stay quarantine for 14 days (do they know we are not going there just to land but maybe look around the city and familiarize, especially travel to Canada is expensive?)?
Yes, It’s mandatory and there’s potentially fines & jail time if you don’t
People’s lives are at risk, read the news
https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/news/2020/03/new-order-makes-self-isolation-mandatory-for-individuals-entering-canada.html

Reactions: ryeCatcher

Kiranarora

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
Hello.hope u all doing good.
I need suggestion.
I start a job as a office admin in one of the cleaning company. I am working from home. I am sending them number of hours ,i spent on work , by call.
They are paying me by check with paystubs
My question
Is their any other way to send them number of hours i spend on work that could help me for my canadian experience Or it is ok ?
I mean goverment can ask me for any proof how we are counting the hours of work. Because their is no punch in and out.
Please help . I need this experience for express entry.