+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Corona Virus threat to Travel , COPR expires on 24th April 2020

Doc7orAn!sh

Feb 8, 2020
hey guys so i heard the people who got their COPRs before the 16th of march are exempted from the travel ban. mine was on the 14th. can anyone please confirm if this is true.. thanks

Amritchahal05

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
hey guys so i heard the people who got their COPRs before the 16th of march are exempted from the travel ban. mine was on the 14th. can anyone please confirm if this is true.. thanks
Yes it’s true. bt they will announce date ths week after that date we can entr in canada or we can book our tickets

Reactions: Doc7orAn!sh

rezanowbari

Jul 18, 2019
In the current situation, in spite of the possibility of travelling for those who got COPR before 16 March, do you think IRCC would consider giving extension due to not being able to travel because of reasons beyond our control? Some countries have closed the borders to their own citizens and banned international flights from coming in and going out.

It's a very confusing and unclear period

nioero

Feb 18, 2019
In the current situation, in spite of the possibility of travelling for those who got COPR before 16 March, do you think IRCC would consider giving extension due to not being able to travel because of reasons beyond our control? Some countries have closed the borders to their own citizens and banned international flights from coming in and going out.

It's a very confusing and unclear period
This is what I got from Hongkong office last week:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your enquiry.

This is a follow-up response to your initial enquiry regarding your immigration to Canada. We are aware that it is difficult to comply with immigration requests at this time.

If you are able to travel within the validity of your visa, please do so.

If you are unable to travel and your visa expires, we will send you new medical instructions providing you 90 days to comply. Please note, we will not send new medical instructions until AFTER your visa has expired.

Please be patient and refrain from sending multiple requests.

Reactions: Hope_92

rezanowbari

Jul 18, 2019
This is what I got from Hongkong office last week:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your enquiry.

This is a follow-up response to your initial enquiry regarding your immigration to Canada. We are aware that it is difficult to comply with immigration requests at this time.

If you are able to travel within the validity of your visa, please do so.

If you are unable to travel and your visa expires, we will send you new medical instructions providing you 90 days to comply. Please note, we will not send new medical instructions until AFTER your visa has expired.

Please be patient and refrain from sending multiple requests.
Thanks for sharing this.

Just a question, did you directly email the embassy or raised a web form and the response came from the embassy?

canpun

Mar 22, 2020
We raised a Web-Form 10 days back ; No response yet.
Hopefully they will come up with some CLEAR guidlines and exemption this week

Reactions: Adam261

niti_ydv

Mar 18, 2020
I have a question with regards to the following statements taken directly from the link above (Transport Canada)

For practical purposes, the denial of boarding would apply to:
  • all foreign nationals on flights to Canada other than trans-border flights, and
  • any foreign national on a trans-border flight who has resided outside the US and Canada in the last 14 days
Does that mean, if you are a foreign national residing in the US, who hasn't traveled outside of the US in the last 14 days can travel to Canada on a Trans-Border flight? I am an Indian Citizen and haven't traveled out of the US for last 4 years. I also have my CoPR. So does that mean, I can complete my landing process?

I am still under the impression from the information that I am reading; as a person with CoPR (technically not a permanent resident) CANNOT complete the landing process because of the COVID19 regulations.
Hey. I don’t know if this helps anyone. I crossed the border At Detroit Windsor tunnel via car on COPR. Fairly easy process. They did ask why it is essential for us to travel. I explained. They were good about it. Only catch is they are not issuing SIN numbers In person for another 3 weeks. It can only be done by post. So keep that in mind.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey. I don’t know if this helps anyone. I crossed the border At Detroit Windsor tunnel via car on COPR. Fairly easy process. They did ask why it is essential for us to travel. I explained. They were good about it. Only catch is they are not issuing SIN numbers In person for another 3 weeks. It can only be done by post. So keep that in mind.
You also have to go into quarantine straight away for 14 days which I assume you have done. If arriving it can be difficult to do.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes. We will quarantine for 14 days. We packed accordingly. It wont be that difficult for us.
For others arriving without really being familiar with the city it can be an issue. Financially it can also be an issue if people are planning on securing a rental within those first 2 weeks because they will end up staying in temporary accommodations, likely an AirBnB, for longer. Some hosts may not want to host people coming from areas with a high level of covid 19. Finding rentals may be more difficult since people are self-isolating. Luckily there are delivery options for groceries these days or there are community groups who will probably be able to help deliver supplies if they are ordered and only needed to be picked up.

niti_ydv

Mar 18, 2020
For others arriving without really being familiar with the city it can be an issue. Financially it can also be an issue if people are planning on securing a rental within those first 2 weeks because they will end up staying in temporary accommodations, likely an AirBnB, for longer. Some hosts may not want to host people coming from areas with a high level of covid 19. Finding rentals may be more difficult since people are self-isolating. Luckily there are delivery options for groceries these days or there are community groups who will probably be able to help deliver supplies if they are ordered and only needed to be picked up.
I agree. I wouldn’t recommend entering right now. It was easier for us because we have been in US for years but definitely not the best time. We have our jobs from USA but if you don’t, then it is a big risk. Just staying home is the best option. We plan on being inside now.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I agree. I wouldn’t recommend entering right now. It was easier for us because we have been in US for years but definitely not the best time. We have our jobs from USA but if you don’t, then it is a big risk. Just staying home is the best option. We plan on being inside now.
You’re under quarantine so don’t you have to stay inside :) No hiring going on either so not a great time to move.

Mar 16, 2020
Workers, students and approved permanent residents who haven’t landed should not travel yet. We’ve announced exemptions but they’re not in place. Travel restrictions are still in effect for these groups.

Only Canadian citizens, and permanent residents, and some foreign nationals travelling from the United States (US) who have been in the US for at least 14 days and are asymptomatic, are able to enter Canada by air at this time.