Corona Virus threat to Travel , COPR expires on 24th April 2020

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Im wondering if this exception also apply to land border? I am planning to do flagpoling at Regway SK.
I have tweeted a question regarding flagpoling to IRCC with a hope for clarification.

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks Sona - you are the bearer of good news. At the same time it once again gets some of us pondering ...
WHEN - between now and mid-May (COPR expiry) will be the best time to travel for parents from Delhi India. :)

Now that the ball is in our court ... lol
Flights are hard to find and there is an increase risk of catching covid on the flights. Although sick people are not supposed to be let on flights some people are they flying back knowing they likely had covid and there are lots of reports of people coughing throughout flights. Many countries have cancelled their flights which is another issue. People arriving in Canada must have a plan to be able to follow a strict quarantine for 14 days with or without their other family members. Currently you must enter quarantine in the Canadian city where you arrive. Elderly parents should really not travel until Canada, and the world, has a better control on their covid situation.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/investigates/how-sick-canadian-travellers-are-masking-covid-19-symptoms-to-get-through-airport-screening-1.5508276

Reactions: hinavin

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Guys,

Anyone here raised a web for for extension and got an extension from IRCC?
IRCC likely got thousands of webform if not more. They are 7nlikely to give out extensions yet since we have no idea how long the pandemic will last. It doesn’t make any sense to extend and then extend again if the pandemic hasn’t resolved. Would plan on not receiving a reply for the next couple of week and not contact IRCC again. It is such a fluid situation and the resources are going to healthcare, making sure the economy doesn’t self destruct and repatriating residents that are abroad and making sure they respect their 15 day quarantine.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hi Guys,

Anyone here raised a web for for extension and got an extension from IRCC?
As above If you read the many post on this subject you can see that nobody has any idea about extensions and any response if any to a web form would be a generic rather than a personal response. IRCC have yet to declare any policy on extensions other to recommend people send in a web form to ensure they are registered in the system. The Canadian government has of course more pressing matters to worry about than a policy for late COPR holders who am sure they will manage as and when the current crisis eases. Even if travel becomes possible in the next few weeks , unlikely, it really might not be a good time for any new immigrant to arrive given the 14 day mandatory isolation requirement and the very harsh restrictions that go with that, no public transport use, no stopping off on way to isolation and upto 750k fine and/or 6 months in jail for non compliance.

Sweta_mahi

Mar 28, 2020
Thanks Sona - you are the bearer of good news. At the same time it once again gets some of us pondering ...
WHEN - between now and mid-May (COPR expiry) will be the best time to travel for parents from Delhi India. :)

Now that the ball is in our court ... lol
Hi

i am on same boat my parents copr will expire on may 12th.
Still not able to take decision whether to make them travel or not cause they are chances of taking health risk, especial for aged people travelling not recommended.
by my chance did u drop webform for extension? Are you still planning for ur parebts landing?
I got generic reply from ircc nothing in specific

Harsh_Dream_Canada

Jun 19, 2018
As above If you read the many post on this subject you can see that nobody has any idea about extensions and any response if any to a web form would be a generic rather than a personal response. IRCC have yet to declare any policy on extensions other to recommend people send in a web form to ensure they are registered in the system. The Canadian government has of course more pressing matters to worry about than a policy for late COPR holders who am sure they will manage as and when the current crisis eases. Even if travel becomes possible in the next few weeks , unlikely, it really might not be a good time for any new immigrant to arrive given the 14 day mandatory isolation requirement and the very harsh restrictions that go with that, no public transport use, no stopping off on way to isolation and upto 750k fine and/or 6 months in jail for non compliance.
I Agree with you and @canuck78 but at he same time I worried as a lot of hard work and money has gone in to get a COPR and it would be really great to have some clarity on what are people like me suppose to do.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I Agree with you and @canuck78 but at he same time I worried as a lot of hard work and money has gone in to get a COPR and it would be really great to have some clarity on what are people like me suppose to do.
It is such a fluid situation and we have no idea when it will end so it is very hard to answer questions about extensions. When people will get one? How long will they get? Think people just don’t know yet.

May 10, 2019
Two or three people in forum managed to get IRCC on call and confirmed that CoPR / PRV holders will not be allowed to land in Canada till further notice. I am not going to board flight on 21st March and have raised webform and emailed IRCC Delhi immigration with my case attached with tickets and asking for extending my CoPR. Now I am going to just wait for a reply.
Did you get any update on extension of copr

Roger Heeralal

Mar 18, 2020
People and the worst is HomeAway clients that own the apt dont want to refund your money and homeAway saying they cant do nothing for that .i think we should get some type of refund from them and Air Canada

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
People and the worst is HomeAway clients that own the apt dont want to refund your money and homeAway saying they cant do nothing for that .i think we should get some type of refund from them and Air Canada
If you signed a lease it is a contract. You can ask them to try to find someone to rent your apartment if they can. Maybe then you will get some money back.