+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Corona Virus threat to Travel , COPR expires on 24th April 2020

Roger Heeralal

Mar 18, 2020
The lady said no one renting anthing right now also its been 14 days and no response from Air Canada.its not our fault we was not allowed into the country.would we ever be compensated.now we may have to redo medicals and certificate of character thats another cost approx $2K canadian dollars again in my country

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
The lady said no one renting anthing right now also its been 14 days and no response from Air Canada.its not our fault we was not allowed into the country.would we ever be compensated.now we may have to redo medicals and certificate of character thats another cost approx $2K canadian dollars again in my country
I personally feel immigration should waiver these in this instance only
Except that NONE of those fees are charged by IRCC, so there is nothing for them to waive.

Roger Heeralal

Mar 18, 2020
I am aware that my loss is not IRCC problem.so i just feel all of us should just not bother to complain.since the effects of the Corona virus is a global one.Guess it may not be anyone fault too that Canada did not take into consideration persons like me when they closed their borders to CoPR holders.so i guess may its just me.shouldnt say nothing its just my loss

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
[QUOTE="Roger Heeralal, post: 8567193, member: 969307"/]
I am aware that my loss is not IRCC problem.so i just feel all of us should just not bother to complain.since the effects of the Corona virus is a global one.Guess it may not be anyone fault too that Canada did not take into consideration persons like me when they closed their borders to CoPR holders.so i guess may its just me.shouldnt say nothing its just my loss
[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the trouble and wish it gets better soon!

A quick clarification, CoPR, PRVs are all exempted thus allowed to travel. Did that just change? The flights in India are of course banned until 14 April.

I also understand that while Air Canada is not refunding, (is any major airline refunding?) they have offered 100% credit for travel until either 31 Dec or 31Mar 2021.

Hope that cheers you up a bit in these tough times! Wish you the very best!

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
it hasn’t been confirmed that you will need to redo medicals.

Roger Heeralal

Mar 18, 2020
This scenario has really been tough on us first canada closed its borders on us caused us to lose all our money fir flight and stay.ww may need to do over medicals anither cist.plus oir country has closed its borders niw we not sure for how long.and due to the present state of the economy even though we reach canada we will now have to stay indoors .not sure how long.that means no work.so i guess we might use up all our savngs in rent and food for the next 6 months now.

ankurgupta325

Star Member
Jan 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
OINP
Did you get any update on extension of copr
Not yet. Though, Delhi IRCC made an announcement on FB page that they will contact us back once "full services resume", which I believe will be after restrictions are lifted. So We need to wait.

nikskapoor

May 7, 2019
Hey. I don’t know if this helps anyone. I crossed the border At Detroit Windsor tunnel via car on COPR. Fairly easy process. They did ask why it is essential for us to travel. I explained. They were good about it. Only catch is they are not issuing SIN numbers In person for another 3 weeks. It can only be done by post. So keep that in mind.
Hi,
were you able to come back to US after landing? I am planning to do a soft landing by Air this weekend and fly back very same day. any pointers?

Roger Heeralal

Mar 18, 2020
I am hoping Canada immigration would take into consideration that persons are placing themselves and families at risk to travel at this time. They should give persons an extension.its the humane thing to do

Reactions: Beltex