+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regulations shared by CIC for Corona virus

Kalika18

Star Member
May 18, 2018
I am from India and My COPR is expiring on 5th may 2020. i have already submitted web form requesting extension and emailed Delhi Immigration.
please let me know if there is any contact number to follow up or any regulation that can help. travelling prior 5th may seems impossible.
Hi , did you get any reply ? What will you do ? Mine is a similar situation , COPR expires on May 15th and I am now in Switzerland , I am an Indian

AmyCLC

Star Member
Mar 25, 2020
China, Malaysia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
China for me, Malaysia for husband
App. Filed.......
01-02-2018
Doc's Request.
12-05-2018
IELTS Request
01-05-2018
Med's Request
22-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2020
Yes, It’s mandatory and there’s potentially fines & jail time if you don’t
People’s lives are at risk, read the news
https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/news/2020/03/new-order-makes-self-isolation-mandatory-for-individuals-entering-canada.html
Totally agree (we should qurantine and keep safe ourselves and others ). But why would canadian immigration tell us to come and spend time in quarantine for 14 days.
But it is inconsiderate to make us travel (pay lots money) and stay quarantine (I dun mind quarantine). Do you not agree it is a waste of your travel fare to go there and stay indoors 14 days?

AmyCLC

Star Member
Mar 25, 2020
China, Malaysia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
01-02-2018
Doc's Request.
12-05-2018
IELTS Request
01-05-2018
Med's Request
22-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2020
I think, the situation is dangerous and asking us to travel to land itself is dangerous for us. As you all sea, air travel is main cause of virus to EU, US , Aus... etc

Has anyone ask for extension and have approved? I think, like us have CopR, as situation now is virus issue, immigration Canada should give us extension and extend our CopR when we ask them for, because this situation is not control by us and affect all us all.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Totally agree (we should qurantine and keep safe ourselves and others ). But why would canadian immigration tell us to come and spend time in quarantine for 14 days.
But it is inconsiderate to make us travel (pay lots money) and stay quarantine (I dun mind quarantine). Do you not agree it is a waste of your travel fare to go there and stay indoors 14 days?
You said you have been trying to reach someone for 5 weeks so did have the opportunity to lab. There is a difference between not wanting to travel and not being able to travel. When does your COPR expire? When do/did you have tickets to fly to Canada?

AmyCLC

Star Member
Mar 25, 2020
China, Malaysia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
01-02-2018
Doc's Request.
12-05-2018
IELTS Request
01-05-2018
Med's Request
22-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2020
I had planned flight in mid March (17 march actually) but read news of covid19 closing canadian borders... so did not fly as too risky with chidlren. I had tried contact canada immigration (ircc) to get extension on my may deadline...

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
No I don’t when it comes to peoples lives .
It’s the LAW
Read the news .
Anyone know a ophthalmologist in the Toronto area ? I’ve seriously got to stop rolling my eyes

minecraftwonderness

Star Member
Dec 24, 2018
No I don’t when it comes to peoples lives .
It’s the LAW
Read the news .
Anyone know a ophthalmologist in the Toronto area ? I’ve seriously got to stop rolling my eyes
Well in order to save people's lives, they shouldn't force people to travel during this time because of a set expiry date. You can roll your eyes all you want but why don't they extend the expiry for 6 months or so and allow people to travel when it's safe to do so? They waited for years and years to get COPR, I am sure they wouldn't mind waiting for another few months. Many elderly would be forced to travel now risking their lives getting exposed to the virus in transit or the airplane itself. It's like saying in order for you to land the pr you must jump from the plane using this parachute that may or may not work, but you gotta do it, or we would make you go through another bunch of verification and possible delay in getting your PR approved once again. Ridiculous. It is not the quarantine that is bothering me, everyone should quarantine, but it is the travelling itself. There had been many cases where people got exposed in international airports in a matter of hours. The virus is incredibly harsh according the recent study causing influenza-associated encephalopathy causing death within 3 days, study from this week. So if I had to choose between forcing my parents to travel because of the COPR expiry or the hell with the PR, I know what I'd choose.

minecraftwonderness

Star Member
Dec 24, 2018
I had planned flight in mid March (17 march actually) but read news of covid19 closing canadian borders... so did not fly as too risky with chidlren. I had tried contact canada immigration (ircc) to get extension on my may deadline...
Amy you should only travel if you feel it's safe to do so. Don't listen to people here that say it's THE LAW and You gotta travel or you lose etc. No one should be penalized for this because they've already proven they're worthy of immigrating to Canada after rigorous verification process. Because of Covid 19 why must they jump through hoops again, especially if you are traveling with older people. Ask for extension using the web form tell them you can't travel and you won't, just cuz the airport is open, doesn't mean you must be forced to travel considering the risks. Ask for extension for another few months to a year. If they have to re do whatever go through with it if you really must immigrate to this country.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Well in order to save people's lives, they shouldn't force people to travel during this time because of a set expiry date. You can roll your eyes all you want but why don't they extend the expiry for 6 months or so and allow people to travel when it's safe to do so? They waited for years and years to get COPR, I am sure they wouldn't mind waiting for another few months. Many elderly would be forced to travel now risking their lives getting exposed to the virus in transit or the airplane itself. It's like saying in order for you to land the pr you must jump from the plane using this parachute that may or may not work, but you gotta do it, or we would make you go through another bunch of verification and possible delay in getting your PR approved once again. Ridiculous. It is not the quarantine that is bothering me, everyone should quarantine, but it is the travelling itself. There had been many cases where people got exposed in international airports in a matter of hours. The virus is incredibly harsh according the recent study causing influenza-associated encephalopathy causing death within 3 days, study from this week. So if I had to choose between forcing my parents to travel because of the COPR expiry or the hell with the PR, I know what I'd choose.
If thousands of COPR holders hadn't bombarded IRCC with demands to be able to land during the travel ban, the exemption for them probably wouldn't have happened.

It's extremely unlikely that IRCC is going to cancel COPRs for people who choose not to travel during the pandemic, particularly the elderly.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
If there is any lesson to be learnt here it would be something that has been repeated many times before on here where people have been advised to always plan for the unexpected and to not travel just a few days before a COPR expires. Granted the pandemic is a whole new challenge but the message is still the same regardless for future immigrants post pandemic do not leave it to the last minute to travel aim for at least a month buffer or earlier. Obviously people have their reasons sometimes for arriving just in time but if the unexpected happens it seems like a big gamble that can have consequences.

minecraftwonderness

Star Member
Dec 24, 2018
If there is any lesson to be learnt here it would be something that has been repeated many times before on here where people have been advised to always plan for the unexpected and to not travel just a few days before a COPR expires. Granted the pandemic is a whole new challenge but the message is still the same regardless for future immigrants post pandemic do not leave it to the last minute to travel aim for at least a month buffer or earlier. Obviously people have their reasons sometimes for arriving just in time but if the unexpected happens it seems like a big gamble that can have consequences.
How would this play out in our case? Parents got the COPR around the end of Jan or i think the first week of Feb. The expiry on their COPR mentioned July 2020. Things hit the fan within a few days about the virus and even before the pandemic they were planning on landing by April 2020 but there is a lockdown in india and I think India maintains a stricter control when it comes to keeping people indoor which will never be agreed in any developed nations where cops are allowed to beat up people to keep them indoor, (i agree with it for the greater good) So it is not possible to travel but me being a Canadian citizen I can take them with me to land because they are my immediate family members with a 10 years visa anyways, even if they didn't let the COPR holders if they didn't announce the exemption.

In our case we never planned to wait till last minute, we just don't want to travel until things get settle down. I can work remotely for my company in Toronto from India. We don't want to fly because every single one of them that entered the country (India) from all major international airports, particularly London, were infected and tested positive. Deeper investigation stated that they were only at the airport for 2 or 3 hours. They were tested negative before flying. Once they go through an international airport, within 15 days they test positive. Some of them died in India. Some of them are younger.

Even if they allow the flights in a month or two, I wouldn't feel comfortable having them travel risking their lives. I can't gamble with their lives. Once we arrive in Toronto, they aren't gonna have any OHIP coverage for months, insurance we can forget about. I would rather have them travel next year when they possible have this thing under control or just give up. Although I agree with your message in general, during this pandemic I don't think it applies. When I read your message it makes me think maybe I should travel now before it's too late, cuz COPR holders are allowed. But it is just not worth the risk. IRCC should be the first one to be considerate and make an announcement that do not worry, your COPR will be extended, please do not travel now. Instead they are very silent and not being very responsive. I can't believe some people are willing to risk their lives just for landing purposes.

Reactions: AmyCLC

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
How would this play out in our case? Parents got the COPR around the end of Jan or i think the first week of Feb. The expiry on their COPR mentioned July 2020. Things hit the fan within a few days about the virus and even before the pandemic they were planning on landing by April 2020 but there is a lockdown in india and I think India maintains a stricter control when it comes to keeping people indoor which will never be agreed in any developed nations where cops are allowed to beat up people to keep them indoor, (i agree with it for the greater good) So it is not possible to travel but me being a Canadian citizen I can take them with me to land because they are my immediate family members with a 10 years visa anyways, even if they didn't let the COPR holders if they didn't announce the exemption.

In our case we never planned to wait till last minute, we just don't want to travel until things get settle down. I can work remotely for my company in Toronto from India. We don't want to fly because every single one of them that entered the country (India) from all major international airports, particularly London, were infected and tested positive. Deeper investigation stated that they were only at the airport for 2 or 3 hours. They were tested negative before flying. Once they go through an international airport, within 15 days they test positive. Some of them died in India. Some of them are younger.

Even if they allow the flights in a month or two, I wouldn't feel comfortable having them travel risking their lives. I can't gamble with their lives. Once we arrive in Toronto, they aren't gonna have any OHIP coverage for months, insurance we can forget about. I would rather have them travel next year when they possible have this thing under control or just give up. Although I agree with your message in general, during this pandemic I don't think it applies. When I read your message it makes me think maybe I should travel now before it's too late, cuz COPR holders are allowed. But it is just not worth the risk. IRCC should be the first one to be considerate and make an announcement that do not worry, your COPR will be extended, please do not travel now. Instead they are very silent and not being very responsive. I can't believe some people are willing to risk their lives just for landing purposes.
Just an FYI, OHIP has waived the wait period for now.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
I’m well of aware the effects of this virus , thank you very much , I can read the news, so you didn’t need to go into details , but if it made you feel better . What irks me are people complaining about landing or soft landing and god forbid they have to quarantine. If you don’t want to, don’t . But don’t complain about following the law, and putting people at potential risk . It’s self serving, and btw if people arriving into the country don’t stop breaking quarantine, the government will just say close the borders to everyone except Citizens and PR’s

Reactions: AmyCLC