IELTS Request
01-05-2018
Med's Request
22-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2020
I’m well of aware the effects of this virus , thank you very much , I can read the news, so you didn’t need to go into details , but if it made you feel better . What irks me are people complaining about landing or soft landing and god forbid they have to quarantine. If you don’t want to, don’t . But don’t complain about following the law, and putting people at potential risk . It’s self serving, and btw if people arriving into the country don’t stop breaking quarantine, the government will just say close the borders to everyone except Citizens and PR’s
Yes, I totally agree about qurantinining and not infect others or get infected ourself. But the issue is the ircc/immigration canada seems, by saying CopR can land, to ask CopR to force themself to land during this danger time. On their website, they say made exeption for CopR but I feel forced to go when read that. I waited 2.5 years to get CopR before, and imagine ask me "land or lose the CopR you wait 2.5 years for, or come and finish the wait and maybe you get covid19 too"? It's not much of good choice.

And then, most of us softlan (and need to return first home to prepare to immigrate fully), we still have job. We need to quarantine for 14 days when arrive canada and then go back to our first homes and then quarantine for another 14 days. But I so sad I just regular employee and cannot have 28 days anual leaves.

I totally understand it is personal choice to risk us to finish CopR and the rules are rules. But what I mean is I wish ircc can just give us extensions to help us because we are breaking away from normal life now to immigrate but we still have many things to clear here first.

AmyCLC

Star Member
Mar 25, 2020
China, Malaysia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
China for me, Malaysia for husband
App. Filed.......
01-02-2018
Doc's Request.
12-05-2018
IELTS Request
01-05-2018
Med's Request
22-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2020
How would this play out in our case? Parents got the COPR around the end of Jan or i think the first week of Feb. The expiry on their COPR mentioned July 2020. Things hit the fan within a few days about the virus and even before the pandemic they were planning on landing by April 2020 but there is a lockdown in india and I think India maintains a stricter control when it comes to keeping people indoor which will never be agreed in any developed nations where cops are allowed to beat up people to keep them indoor, (i agree with it for the greater good) So it is not possible to travel but me being a Canadian citizen I can take them with me to land because they are my immediate family members with a 10 years visa anyways, even if they didn't let the COPR holders if they didn't announce the exemption.

In our case we never planned to wait till last minute, we just don't want to travel until things get settle down. I can work remotely for my company in Toronto from India. We don't want to fly because every single one of them that entered the country (India) from all major international airports, particularly London, were infected and tested positive. Deeper investigation stated that they were only at the airport for 2 or 3 hours. They were tested negative before flying. Once they go through an international airport, within 15 days they test positive. Some of them died in India. Some of them are younger.

Even if they allow the flights in a month or two, I wouldn't feel comfortable having them travel risking their lives. I can't gamble with their lives. Once we arrive in Toronto, they aren't gonna have any OHIP coverage for months, insurance we can forget about. I would rather have them travel next year when they possible have this thing under control or just give up. Although I agree with your message in general, during this pandemic I don't think it applies. When I read your message it makes me think maybe I should travel now before it's too late, cuz COPR holders are allowed. But it is just not worth the risk. IRCC should be the first one to be considerate and make an announcement that do not worry, your COPR will be extended, please do not travel now. Instead they are very silent and not being very responsive. I can't believe some people are willing to risk their lives just for landing purposes.
I agree with you completely and un-conditional. These are my exact thoughts. I from Malaysia and lockdown not so severe and police will not use brute force but I am travel with children and I not want to risk them.

I am not asking ircc for pity but some understanding that currently these is extenuate situation. I waited 2.5 yrs to get CopR (and this is them slow to process and do many checks) but I am ok waiting. I no rush. I also did not plan to leave late to fly there to land for CopR but some personal issues at work mean I not able to fly yet, and also kid schools too. For me, before stupid covid19 ruin all, we plan to fly mid march until Easter to visit a bit and acclimate to canada weather a bit and get feeling of country. But everything happen so fast, and now we all stuck.

Then, I dun understand many posters say it is up to us to try and do best effort to fly to get CopR. I have family to care for and their health is most important. Yes, I can re-apply and wait 2.5 years again but why must I when virus issue is every human problem and ircc immigration canada can accept this fact and grant everyone extension for a year orso? We want to come and finish CopR but want to fight virus and stop spread too, so this why we not travel yet because it is not safe for us and others.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I agree with you completely and un-conditional. These are my exact thoughts. I from Malaysia and lockdown not so severe and police will not use brute force but I am travel with children and I not want to risk them.

I am not asking ircc for pity but some understanding that currently these is extenuate situation. I waited 2.5 yrs to get CopR (and this is them slow to process and do many checks) but I am ok waiting. I no rush. I also did not plan to leave late to fly there to land for CopR but some personal issues at work mean I not able to fly yet, and also kid schools too. For me, before stupid covid19 ruin all, we plan to fly mid march until Easter to visit a bit and acclimate to canada weather a bit and get feeling of country. But everything happen so fast, and now we all stuck.

Then, I dun understand many posters say it is up to us to try and do best effort to fly to get CopR. I have family to care for and their health is most important. Yes, I can re-apply and wait 2.5 years again but why must I when virus issue is every human problem and ircc immigration canada can accept this fact and grant everyone extension for a year orso? We want to come and finish CopR but want to fight virus and stop spread too, so this why we not travel yet because it is not safe for us and others.
Immigration acceptances are accepted on a yearly quote. If you extended everyone for another year you would get a much larger amount of people immigrating at the same time which could cause a lot of problems. The other issue becomes health and excessive demand. A lot can change when it comes to health over a year past your medical. The longer extensions are given the higher likelihood people will enter with expensive and demanding diseases on the healthcare system. This is really important since it may take a year or two to catch up on all the appointments, tests, surgeries postponed during covid. Essentially all but very few appointments and surgeries are being cancelled due to covid and wait times were already long. In your case you or your spouse could have at least done a border run to Canada. Airlines were allowing most to change flights. You could enter Canada and return when you landed knowing one family member had secured immigration if you didn’t want the whole family to land. You could have gone from a Singapore to Vancouver. Singapore and Vancouver had very few cases and you could get a direct flight. You will have to see but you were aware of the pandemic since December or January and could have pushed up your short landing. You keep repeating that you had work commitments and your children were in school. We have seen CIC told people to travel if they are legally able to travel and land even when they had asked for extension. It will be up to CIC to determine who gets extensions but would not expect 1 year. 6 months would be the maximum and I assume it may be less once the borders open since it may take quite a while to reopen borders. At this time I don’t think any plans have been finalized about extensions since we have no idea when things will be better in Canada and Canada will start reducing social distancing in Canada. After that they will start letting more people into Canada likely dependent on the status of covid in their country.

Reactions: AmyCLC

AmyCLC

Star Member
Mar 25, 2020
China, Malaysia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
01-02-2018
Doc's Request.
12-05-2018
IELTS Request
01-05-2018
Med's Request
22-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2020
Immigration acceptances are accepted on a yearly quote. If you extended everyone for another year you would get a much larger amount of people immigrating at the same time which could cause a lot of problems. The other issue becomes health and excessive demand. A lot can change when it comes to health over a year past your medical. The longer extensions are given the higher likelihood people will enter with expensive and demanding diseases on the healthcare system. This is really important since it may take a year or two to catch up on all the appointments, tests, surgeries postponed during covid. Essentially all but very few appointments and surgeries are being cancelled due to covid and wait times were already long. In your case you or your spouse could have at least done a border run to Canada. Airlines were allowing most to change flights. You could enter Canada and return when you landed knowing one family member had secured immigration if you didn’t want the whole family to land. You could have gone from a Singapore to Vancouver. Singapore and Vancouver had very few cases and you could get a direct flight. You will have to see but you were aware of the pandemic since December or January and could have pushed up your short landing. You keep repeating that you had work commitments and your children were in school. We have seen CIC told people to travel if they are legally able to travel and land even when they had asked for extension. It will be up to CIC to determine who gets extensions but would not expect 1 year. 6 months would be the maximum and I assume it may be less once the borders open since it may take quite a while to reopen borders. At this time I don’t think any plans have been finalized about extensions since we have no idea when things will be better in Canada and Canada will start reducing social distancing in Canada. After that they will start letting more people into Canada likely dependent on the status of covid in their country.
Yes, better we all play safe and wait untl situation improve.

Indeed, work and child school are important realities of life. We are all other here because suddenly stupid virus ruins all our plans. Honest, I not leave it late. I just daily life cater work and family, and match best time to go land soft.

AmyCLC

Star Member
Mar 25, 2020
China, Malaysia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
01-02-2018
Doc's Request.
12-05-2018
IELTS Request
01-05-2018
Med's Request
22-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2020
I’m well of aware the effects of this virus , thank you very much , I can read the news, so you didn’t need to go into details , but if it made you feel better . What irks me are people complaining about landing or soft landing and god forbid they have to quarantine. If you don’t want to, don’t . But don’t complain about following the law, and putting people at potential risk . It’s self serving, and btw if people arriving into the country don’t stop breaking quarantine, the government will just say close the borders to everyone except Citizens and PR’s
I think we not complain about law.
Just if we ask to land but at same time be at risk to killa virus, this not sounds good. Also, you have parents, no? Cannot risk them as in minecraft's case. Not fair to expose his/her parents to virus during this time.

Remember, we all agree to quanteen to kill off that virus. We just not want to risk health to travel especially it is high risks.

minecraftwonderness

Star Member
Dec 24, 2018
Your entire post is asking her to gamble with their lives, all those could haves. No she didn't need to do that, it is at this point 100% fact that the odds are so high the moment you step on any flights, you are likely to contract it, which means you will infect everyone in your family. Also people will enter with expensive and demanding diseases??? What does that even mean? Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. By extending the already approved COPR holders for another few months to a year, those people will suddenly acquire expensive and demanding diseases???

minecraftwonderness

Star Member
Dec 24, 2018
I think we not complain about law.
Just if we ask to land but at same time be at risk to killa virus, this not sounds good. Also, you have parents, no? Cannot risk them as in minecraft's case. Not fair to expose his/her parents to virus during this time.

Remember, we all agree to quanteen to kill off that virus. We just not want to risk health to travel especially it is high risks.
I'm a her. Absolutely Amy! Not worth risking their lives. I would be devastated if something happens to them cuz I made them fly. They weren't even all that interested to get the PR, I won the PGP lottery randomly so I talked them into applying. Yeah we just have to wait a bit and see if they announce anything. I will submit a webform next month to explain why we won't be travelling. I'm also going to bombard Trudeau's twitter and other news media to see if they could understand the situation and urge them to make an announcement.

Last edited:
Reactions: AmyCLC

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your entire post is asking her to gamble with their lives, all those could haves. No she didn't need to do that, it is at this point 100% fact that the odds are so high the moment you step on any flights, you are likely to contract it, which means you will infect everyone in your family. Also people will enter with expensive and demanding diseases??? What does that even mean? Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. By extending the already approved COPR holders for another few months to a year, those people will suddenly acquire expensive and demanding diseases???
People are given one year from their medical to land. If they are given another year there is likely some people who will get diagnosed with an expensive disease to treat. This is especially the case for seniors. Perhaps CIC will require people to redo medicals if they have such a long extension. We will all find out. You are exaggerating quite a bit. Everyone flying certainly did not get exposed or catch covid 19 or all the flight attendants would have gotten sick. Both Singapore and B.C./Canada had low rates of covid at that period. Immigration is a choice. When people are given multiple months to land and they want an extension because they don’t want to be in quarantine and they felt it was too risky that is a personal choice. It will be up to CIC but others who contacted CIC and asked for extensions were told they were still able to travel and should.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I'm a her. Absolutely Amy! Not worth risking their lives. I would be devastated if something happens to them cuz I made the fly. They weren't even all that interested to get the PR, I won the PGP lottery randomly so I talked them into applying. Yeah we just have to wait a bit and see if they announce anything. I will submit a webform next month to explain why we won't be travelling. I'm also going to bombard Trudeau's twitter and other news media to see if they could understand the situation and urge them to make an announcement.
The pandemic isn’t over so there is no point in wasting your energy bombarding people. Canada doesn’t know when they will be opening their borders so can’t make any announcements about anything else. Your parents have until July to land so you don‘t need an extension for the next few months.

RK2Canada

May 4, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Hi
I have been issued COPR dated (05/12/2019).
I have applicable one time visa till 21-May-20.
I planned to travel to Canada from India on 15-Apr-20 (flights booked).

But now I am coming across a very big issue due to current situation of Corona Virus, where govts. are restricting/banning the travel. Though Canada have not done it yet but you never know what the situation be like in coming 1 month.

In reference to Current global situation of Corona Virus, CIC issued certain guidelines
(https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-special-measures.html).

I have a question regarding this if anyone have better knowledge about it. Incase I am unable to travel before my COPR & VISA gets expires on 21-May (due to corona virus related travel ban, if introduced by Canadian government) then what does CIC statement means when they say "We'll then give you more detailed instructions regarding restarting the processing of your permanent residence application."
Does in that case we need to reapply from step-1 or only medical and COPR will be required?

Can anyone help me clarify this ? or Do you have any suggestion for me as I can not travel before 15-Apr due to my current job notice period till 13-Apr.

Thanks
Tushar
Hi Tushar, mine is also the same situation. Visa expires on 18th may. Did you get any reply or communication from the consulate?

RK2Canada

May 4, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Hi,
Hi please keep this forum posted of any developments in your case,
Hi, my expires just 10 days after that, which is 18th May. All that the consulate is saying that we will let you know of the next steps. Did you get any communication from them other than this?

Molino de Viente

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Kazakhstan
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26/04/2019
Med's Done....
06/06/2019
Passport Req..
31/10/2019
Hi,

Hi, my expires just 10 days after that, which is 18th May. All that the consulate is saying that we will let you know of the next steps. Did you get any communication from them other than this?
Hello,
have you checked out thise thread:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/copr-and-coronavirus.681880/page-266#post-8613901
Hong Kong IRCC started giving extensions to those whose COPR expired. Read the last 5-6 pages of the thread - it is somewhere there.

AmyCLC

Star Member
Mar 25, 2020
China, Malaysia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
01-02-2018
Doc's Request.
12-05-2018
IELTS Request
01-05-2018
Med's Request
22-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2020
People are given one year from their medical to land. If they are given another year there is likely some people who will get diagnosed with an expensive disease to treat. This is especially the case for seniors. Perhaps CIC will require people to redo medicals if they have such a long extension. We will all find out. You are exaggerating quite a bit. Everyone flying certainly did not get exposed or catch covid 19 or all the flight attendants would have gotten sick. Both Singapore and B.C./Canada had low rates of covid at that period. Immigration is a choice. When people are given multiple months to land and they want an extension because they don’t want to be in quarantine and they felt it was too risky that is a personal choice. It will be up to CIC but others who contacted CIC and asked for extensions were told they were still able to travel and should.
Not anymore. Singapore and Canada are high on covid19...

The point is not who is fare better. The disease disciminite nobody. We all at risk. Over last few months, it's show that air travel contribute to spread. And many countries have seocond and three spike now. IRCC has shown good understand of the situation and credit them too.

You know, I want all this to end and go finalise my land of copr. But I not change my mind that health first.

AmyCLC

Star Member
Mar 25, 2020
China, Malaysia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
01-02-2018
Doc's Request.
12-05-2018
IELTS Request
01-05-2018
Med's Request
22-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2020
I'm a her. Absolutely Amy! Not worth risking their lives. I would be devastated if something happens to them cuz I made them fly. They weren't even all that interested to get the PR, I won the PGP lottery randomly so I talked them into applying. Yeah we just have to wait a bit and see if they announce anything. I will submit a webform next month to explain why we won't be travelling. I'm also going to bombard Trudeau's twitter and other news media to see if they could understand the situation and urge them to make an announcement.
Ah fellow lady :). I understand your situation as it is one I also want avoid. Immigrate Canada is amazing opportunity and we all agree, but this virus has ruined lots for all of us and make us wait more.

I share that I had plan to go land and get confirm of pr and then go back home and pack and immigrate fullly after in 2022. Dream come true to go Canada but I cannot risk family. I note you thought all the things I do and I know many of us think so too. Going canada is great but not sacrifice well being. No point we go there end up sick, or worse, infect others.

I want to share my other research which also make me want go less during covid devastation:
- we need to show we plan for our self quarantine in Canada after we land and we must be there for 15 days minimum (as 15 day consider essential travel), but we also need to arrange our hotel (which hotel is hard to say because some hotels don't want oversea quarantine people to avoid health issue of current guests but others are covid-ready)
- need to show to officials on arrival we plan to have food delivered regularly to quarantine location (hotel or airbnb or friend place).

all this our own expense. I calculate this can be up to about C$7000 for 3 people but this is base on hotel I chose with food provide.

Also, I not yet left my job and my partner too. So, if we go, we need to ask 1 month leave as we need 15 days minimal in canada and another 14 days back home to qurantine.

AmyCLC

Star Member
Mar 25, 2020
China, Malaysia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
01-02-2018
Doc's Request.
12-05-2018
IELTS Request
01-05-2018
Med's Request
22-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2020
Just to share some up dates as we not yet moved to Canada. Even we contact IRCc to let them know we can move, they no answer. I chase them a few times and no reply. Yes, covid19 is excuse to be slower these days, but is not excuse to ignore people who need helped. I used webform to submit mesages but no reply four weeks.

I not sure where I read but it says they will prioritize those who are sure to immigrate in 1 go but seems only word but no real truth because I did tell them we want to move for good.