+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regulations shared by CIC for Corona virus

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Guys,
I am scheduled to fly on 14 April from Mumbai to Toronto via Paris. Air France has given an option to reschedule or
cancel the flight ticket. My COPR is expiring on 23 April.

What do you all plan to do? Has anyone written to them?

I heard someone from US was denied extension request.

Thanks.
MUMBAI-PARIS-TORONTO booked for 4th April, CoPR expiry is 8th May. Air France has cancelled Mumbai-Paris flight from 20th to 27th March. I am going to write to IRCC to see if they can extend the copr date. or will postpone my trip by a month. Air France is offering to cancel and obtain a voucher which can be used within a year. you too keep posted.

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
MUMBAI-PARIS-TORONTO booked for 4th April, CoPR expiry is 8th May. Air France has cancelled Mumbai-Paris flight from 20th to 27th March. I am going to write to IRCC to see if they can extend the copr date. or will postpone my trip by a month. Air France is offering to cancel and obtain a voucher which can be used within a year. you too keep posted.
You can try Delhi-Toronto direct flight. Delaying might take additional 2-3 months processing.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hi Guys
Seems we all are in same boat with no clear idea what to do.

I saw some updates on IRCC website:
------------------------------------------------------------
If your permanent residence application has been approved, but you can't travel to Canada before your documents expire, use the web form to tell us why you can’t travel.

Once it’s possible for you to travel, use the web form to let us know. We’ll then give you more detailed instructions regarding restarting the processing of your permanent residence application.

Landing appointments will be held by telephone Latest update: March 15, 2020
Starting March 16, 2020, we’re cancelling all in-person permanent resident landing appointments until April 13, 2020.

If you had a landing appointment already booked, it will be held by telephone.

We’ll contact you by email to let you know when your phone appointment will be. Use the web form if you need to update your contact information.

If your confirmation of permanent residence has already expired
Use the web form to explain why you couldn’t travel.

Once it’s possible for you to travel, use the web form to let us know. We’ll then give you more detailed instructions regarding restarting the processing of your permanent residence application.
-----------------------------------------------------

Can anyone suggest what is landing appointments ?
Landing appointments are where someone is already in Canada and they make an appointment with a local office as opposed to either flag poling or exiting/entering the country at a POE.

JayashreeGowda

Nov 18, 2018
Hi Guys,
I have my CoPR and my schedule is to travel to Canada on March 21st.
I am not sure if I have to go ahead or not.
I live in the US and planning to soft - land.
Any info guys !!? Please help me here

Dia89

Mar 16, 2020
Hi!!! Did you get any update from Ircc on this?
Now travelling is also banned except citizens and PRs. Does anybody know if ppl with copr can enter?

trecht

Jun 24, 2019
Can anyone suggest what is landing appointments ?
Looks like "landing appointment" (despite what it sounds like) actually means appointment at an IIRC office for people who are already in Canada and acquiring PR status. So it does not refer to the procedure that happens when you land at an airport.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi!!! Did you get any update from Ircc on this?
Now travelling is also banned except citizens and PRs. Does anybody know if ppl with copr can enter?
Having a COPR doesn't make you a PR, so unless you meet one of the other exemptions, you will not be allowed to enter.

sswetha

Mar 17, 2020
I have a copr and it is expiring on April 2nd I had booked my tickets from India to Toronto for March 20th from India. I reside in USA ,but had to come to India for emergency purpose,hence had to book the tickets from here to make a soft landing. Now I have raised a request from the Web Form online. Is there any other way to let IRCC know about my situation?

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
I have a copr and it is expiring on April 2nd I had booked my tickets from India to Toronto for March 20th from India. I reside in USA ,but had to come to India for emergency purpose,hence had to book the tickets from here to make a soft landing. Now I have raised a request from the Web Form online. Is there any other way to let IRCC know about my situation?
IRCC will definitely come up with something before the end of this week. You did the right thing by raising CSE through web form. It's better to extend your CoPR and travel when it's safe. Not sure if they will allow soft landing either. If there's no official to carry out the procedure what's the purpose.

Reactions: ryeCatcher

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I have my work permit and I am from India.. Will canada allow me to enter. I want to go in Calgary, alberta
Expect no, as you are a foreign national.

https://www.canada.ca/en/transport-canada/news/2020/03/new-measures-for-covid-19-response.html

For practical purposes, the denial of boarding would apply to:
  • all foreign nationals on flights to Canada other than trans-border flights, and
  • any foreign national on a trans-border flight who has resided outside the US and Canada in the last 14 days.
In simple terms, you cannot board a plane to Canada if you have been outside of Canada or the United States in the last 14 days, unless you are a Canadian Citizen, Canadian Permanent Resident or in transit to a 3rd country.

The measure will come into force on Wednesday, March 18, at 12:00 p.m. (noon) EDT. It would not apply to air crews, travelers arriving in Canada in transit to a third country, Canadian Permanent Residents, diplomats, or immediate family members of Canadian citizens.

Reactions: Smitbhavsar

bnextgen

Apr 4, 2019
I am in the same boat as you and lot of others here. My COPR expires on 30th April. I am currently in the US and unless I travel within the next 12 hrs, its seems like doom and gloom.
I submitted a COPR extension request yesterday through the webform in the associated official link , I am hoping to get a response by the end of this week, somewhere I saw they would be responding in 2-5 business days.
Will post it once I receive the response

Thanks for sharing the update on your case

Reactions: ryeCatcher

ryeCatcher

Apr 21, 2019
I am in the same boat as you and lot of others here. My COPR expires on 30th April. I am currently in the US and unless I travel within the next 12 hrs, its seems like doom and gloom.
I submitted a COPR extension request yesterday through the webform in the associated official link , I am hoping to get a response by the end of this week, somewhere I saw they would be responding in 2-5 business days.
Will post it once I receive the response

Thanks for sharing the update on your case
Good luck, hope you hear something positive and clear soon