+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding processing of both SP and SOWP

nataliamia

May 23, 2021
I applied for SP together with SOWP on August 8th. I received an approval for SP but my spouse case does not have any updates (except for passing medical exam on Sep 16th). Since all of you know that international students will be allowed to enter on/after October 20th my husband and I started to ask questions to IRCC about what documents might be missing. This is what we learned today:
1. Even though our application got split in two on GC key, we are still processed together.
2. I received my decision first, but it does not count as being issued SP. An approval is when PPR is issued (which is not possible due to travel restrictions despite VAC being opened)
3. We will receive an approval together (PPR) once travel restrictions lift. I imagine it is going to be once my DLI is on the list.

I wrote this post just to calm down those spouses who applied together for SP and fear of being separated if one is rejected and the other is approved. Don’t worry and if in doubt, order GCMS notes (like I did already hahaha)
Hi Jane
I got my SP approved on May 19th and my husband’s profile still in process. Could you tell me if he can get rejected or the fact the approved mine is a good step?

orwell46

Apr 29, 2020
Quick question, with both SP and SOWP approved, is it possible for the spouse to land later in Canada (maybe 3-6 months) after the primary applicant, ie the student has already commenced his studies in canada?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Quick question, with both SP and SOWP approved, is it possible for the spouse to land later in Canada (maybe 3-6 months) after the primary applicant, ie the student has already commenced his studies in canada?
It is possible. Spouse can land anytime

BellaPTX

Jul 10, 2021
Hi Jane
I got my SP approved on May 19th and my husband’s profile still in process. Could you tell me if he can get rejected or the fact the approved mine is a good step?
hello, can u pls update your status? Because I am on the same boat now. My husband study permit was approved on 7th JUL but mine OWP is still pending, only updated biometric and background check is progressing

nataliamia

May 23, 2021
hello, can u pls update your status? Because I am on the same boat now. My husband study permit was approved on 7th JUL but mine OWP is still pending, only updated biometric and background check is progressing
Hi!
we are still waiting for a response . It has been almost 3 months since we applied. Hopefully we will get it soon, because I am starting school in September .
Tell me more about you guys

BellaPTX

Jul 10, 2021
Hi!
we are still waiting for a response . It has been almost 3 months since we applied. Hopefully we will get it soon, because I am starting school in September .
My husband applied SDS from Vietnam along with my OWP application on 27th May with upfront medical check.

biometric June 1st(biometric updated on the same day)
Study permit was approved on 7th July.
My upfront medical check is not updated and background check is progressing. Eligibility is not started

Although my husband school starts in Jan 2022 but after checking in this forum, I found out that many cases are still pending for a long period of time. Did you order a GCMS note or raise a webform?

nataliamia

May 23, 2021
My husband applied SDS from Vietnam along with my OWP application on 27th May with upfront medical check.

biometric June 1st(biometric updated on the same day)
Study permit was approved on 7th July.
My upfront medical check is not updated and background check is progressing. Eligibility is not started

Although my husband school starts in Jan 2022 but after checking in this forum, I found out that many cases are still pending for a long period of time. Did you order a GCMS note or raise a webform?
You will get it soon, and you still have time.

We send a webform a few days ago and luckily after that they started reviewing his eligibility, so hopefully we will get his approval soon.

I am from Mexico and he is from Morocco so that is why we though has been taking longer.

Also I know another case where they applied from Mexico, the husband (student ), the sons (students) for the approval but the wife (worker) took her 3 months after the first approvals to get Hers. And she wants from a different nationality than the rest of the family.

Reactions: BellaPTX

BellaPTX

Jul 10, 2021
You will get it soon, and you still have time.

We send a webform a few days ago and luckily after that they started reviewing his eligibility, so hopefully we will get his approval soon.

I am from Mexico and he is from Morocco so that is why we though has been taking longer.

Also I know another case where they applied from Mexico, the husband (student ), the sons (students) for the approval but the wife (worker) took her 3 months after the first approvals to get Hers. And she wants from a different nationality than the rest of the family.
Best of luck in your husband application.

I know another case like yours, she was approved for study permit but her husband and son's appliations are still pending. She decided to go to Canada first after raising many webforms but only received general response

eddy19

Star Member
Feb 18, 2017
Hi!
Hi
I joined here little bit late. What was the result of your SOWP? Is it approved?

eddy19

Star Member
Feb 18, 2017
Hello! Yes, I got approved after 4 months. Now we are in Canada❤, so be sure if you guys apply together you both will be accepted.
Congratulations.
Hoping to get positive decision for my application too. There are so many negative response of applying together that if we apply together chances of rejection are high.

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Mnt

Nov 18, 2021
I'm glad I found this thread, it seems that it's relatively common to not get the spouse visa at the same time...
We applied in December 22nd and I got my SP approved yesterday but my SOWP hasn't even entered in review of eligibility, damn that's frustrating.
I have raised an Webform and since I applied under SDS and it's 26 days now, the expected processing time is done so I hope they take a look instead of just ignoring.
I'm applying in Brazil and saw another 2 people here in the same situation, one of them got his 2yo son that didn't receive the PPR, but he sent the passport along with his whole family and it came back stamped. I was thinking in doing this as well but I think that it worked for him because it was just a TRV for a 2yo, not sure that it'll work for a OWP.
What do you guys think?