+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding 3yrs letters of reference

prwanted

Jan 20, 2012
I'm a Intra-company transferee and having 2+yrs of Canadian experience.

In document checklist its mentioned to provide "up-to-date letters of reference from past and current employers for the past 3 yrs"

I got letter of reference from my Canadian employer (for 2+yrs), do I need to get from my home-country employer as well?

I'm with current employer with last 4+yrs (in total including in Canada & home country), I'm also having petition letter that was submitted by them for WP process (New + extension) mentioning I'm working for 2+yrs in home country for this company only.

Do submitting this petition letter + current reference letter will work for my application OR I need to get reference letter from home country employer also, please advise as I'm more concerned after seeing so many rejections going on these days due to reference letter :(

Thanks!

Sunny_tor

Jan 19, 2012
I think the answer to that would be in the question:

Is your home country "Employer" the exact same employer who is employing you in Canada?? Or is this Canadian company a sister concern or subsidiary of your home country company?

If they are exactly the same name(same company) then you should be able to get two letters on the same company letter head stating your employment record for the full 4 years. But if the home company name is different you "should" technically get a separate letter of reference from them or the other way is just complete 3 yrs with this Canadian company and then apply :)

Omshri

Sep 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 1, 2013
AOR Received.
November 14, 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
April 6, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront, March 29, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 16, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 28, 2014
LANDED..........
August 3, 2014
Your first offer letter of same employer in your home country should be ok

prwanted

Jan 20, 2012
One more thing...

Can you please suggest If I can submit my PCC with the application and later on my wife's PCC as her PCC is taking much time to get it from back home/consulate.

Is it mandatory to send All PCC (mine+wife's) with the application OR they can ask if one's PCC is not submitted. Please advise.

Omshri

Sep 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 1, 2013
AOR Received.
November 14, 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
April 6, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront, March 29, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 16, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 28, 2014
LANDED..........
August 3, 2014
Please send both's PCC at the same time otherwise your application would be sent as incomplete.

Best Wishes,

cecapp369

Star Member
Dec 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2012
Doc's Request.
18-01-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2012
IELTS Request
sent with app
Med's Request
23-04-2013
Med's Done....
30-04-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2013
LANDED..........
22-09-2013
Please send both's PCC at the same time otherwise your application would be sent as incomplete.

Best Wishes,

Not really ... In my case, I have sent only MY PCC as I was waiting for my spouse PCC.. It was processed to the next stage... They didn't send my package back that it was incomplete.

skrm66

Jun 16, 2011
prwanted said:

In document checklist its mentioned to provide "up-to-date letters of reference from past and current employers for the past 3 yrs"

I got letter of reference from my Canadian employer (for 2+yrs), do I need to get from my home-country employer as well?

I'm with current employer with last 4+yrs (in total including in Canada & home country), I'm also having petition letter that was submitted by them for WP process (New + extension) mentioning I'm working for 2+yrs in home country for this company only.

Do submitting this petition letter + current reference letter will work for my application OR I need to get reference letter from home country employer also, please advise as I'm more concerned after seeing so many rejections going on these days due to reference letter :(

Thanks!
Same question here.

Heading for the document check list #10 is "Work Experience in Canada".. I guess, this means only 2 years (your entire Canadian experience) is enough?

Some body please suggest.

Cos

Star Member
Feb 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
NOC-A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 June, 2012
AOR Received.
6 Nov, 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
27 Feb, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26th April, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-May 2013; PPT returned 19-June, 2013
LANDED..........
21-June, 2013
prwanted said:

Thanks!
From details in the CEC OP manual and CIC website, the 2 yrs+ reference letter you got from your Canada employer is sufficient as long as it covers the total number of hours required! PCC is recommended to be included in the original application, but does not appear mandatory.