+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Refused" in GCMS notes 10.08.2020

CPA_3

Jun 17, 2020
Philippines is my home country. I think its not wise to give up my career here in UAE to apply SP in Philippines. I’m working for a big company here for almost 5yrs now. The purpose of my study is not settle there. I hope my SOP is convincing enough. Well see
Hello Kabayan. I know a number of Kabayans who applied for SDS online in the Philippines but were residing and working in the UAE and they got approved.

I am more worried about my application because it’s with family. Expecting for the worst but hoping and praying for the best.

Faith_Canada123

Jul 16, 2020
Philippines is my home country. I think its not wise to give up my career here in UAE to apply SP in Philippines. I’m working for a big company here for almost 5yrs now. The purpose of my study is not settle there. I hope my SOP is convincing enough. Well see
Weak ties to current country of residence and employment prospect might be ticked. As well, you have strong ties in Canada.

Even if you do not plan in settling back home, you have to satisfy the visa officer that you will and are willing to exit Canada at the end of your authorize stay - this is where hometies in the Philippines is needed like properties/investment/family etc since you are not permanent resident in UAE....

but of course, it will still depend on your SOP.. if well explained naman.. Good luck po!

Hello Kabayan. I know a number of Kabayans who applied for SDS online in the Philippines but were residing and working in the UAE and they got approved.

I am more worried about my application because it’s with family. Expecting for the worst but hoping and praying for the best.
True po. Even non-SDS Online.

Reactions: Zyqwerty

Zyqwerty

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020

Pano po documentation noon? Bank statement and employment is UAE pero inapply sa pinas SDS? In my SOP i mentioned that I’m working for my chartership thats why i need the CPD hrs and pgd. I also mentioned that i will be back in the UAE on Nov2021 to sit for final chartership assessment.

Faith_Canada123

Jul 16, 2020
Pano po documentation noon? Bank statement and employment is UAE pero inapply sa pinas SDS? In my SOP i mentioned that I’m working for my chartership thats why i need the CPD hrs and pgd. I also mentioned that i will be back in the UAE on Nov2021 to sit for final chartership assessment.
Seem reasonable naman yung reason to study mo. Keep the faith.

Dun sa question mo, they put Philippines in the country where they are applying from. Kung SDS, u need Student GIC worth CAD10k (which should come from your own bank account sa Philippines, hindi pwede from outside Philippines) but you can supplement with bank statements/certificate in UAE for additional funds... for Non-SDS, both bank sa UAE at Pinas pwede.

but visit this option po if unsuccessful ang application mo (hope not - keep the faith)

Zyqwerty

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
Seem reasonable naman yung reason to study mo. Keep the faith.

Dun sa question mo, they put Philippines in the country where they are applying from. Kung SDS, u need Student GIC worth CAD10k (which should come from your own bank account sa Philippines, hindi pwede from outside Philippines) but you can supplement with bank statements/certificate in UAE for additional funds... for Non-SDS, both bank sa UAE at Pinas pwede.

but visit this option po if unsuccessful ang application mo (hope not - keep the faith)
Thanks for the info.:) I signed an agreement with the college allowing me to proceed online without an AIP but will make me ineligible for PGWP which is fine for me. If their going to issue mostly refusal, they should do it now before classes starts for us to do refund. I received confirmation call from embassy last week and also the generic email saying my application being process and my eligibility review also started recently. Whats only missing is the AIP/Refusal letter.

Reactions: Faith_Canada123

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020
Thanks for the info.:) I signed an agreement with the college allowing me to proceed online without an AIP but will make me ineligible for PGWP which is fine for me. If their going to issue mostly refusal, they should do it now before classes starts for us to do refund. I received confirmation call from embassy last week and also the generic email saying my application being process and my eligibility review also started recently. Whats only missing is the AIP/Refusal letter.
First stage processing has no relevance to the legal ability to study online at a DLI.

Zyqwerty

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
First stage processing has no relevance to the legal ability to study online at a DLI.
AIP is for online study yeah? and 2nd stage is for entering Canada. I requested for a tuition refund but the college is requiring refusal letter. I told our school admin i have no intention of deferring and they give me an option to proceed studying online without an AIP.

vikenfirakezi

Star Member
Feb 24, 2020
@vikenfirakezi I am pretty sure you will get it one day. You did not get refusal yet, maybe senior officer review and grant you, maybe. But if not I am sure you will find out other immigration programs. As your Ielts are pretty good, you can explore PNPs and express entry program. Also if you decided to apply for a student visa again, try applying for a Master's program at University and not a diploma in college.

I have a question on behalf of someone to you all. 00

Is it better to not accompany spouse to increase visa chances and apply for spouse work permit later? Do chances of refusal increase significantly if a spousal work permit is applied with a student visa?
Thanks a bunch! I will reapply definitely.
BTW I finally got the rejection letters on 30.08.2020. A day after I got correspondence letters.

About ur question: I guess better to apply alone or with trv for the spouse. This is what I am gonna do.
Good luck

vikenfirakezi

Star Member
Feb 24, 2020
Hi I’m just expressing my opinion with regards to sp+sowp. I don’t keep tabs on statistic of application and i don’t even have a spouse :) .

For me its illogical for them to issue SOWP when the principal applicant “student” will be studying online outside Canada. SP+SOWP is allowing a couple together while in Canada. If SP cannot come to Canada theres no use of SOWP. Unemployment is still high there and issuing more SOWP will make things harder for Residents/Canadians looking for jobs.
Yes! That is what I was thinking about since travel restrictions were on. No use from SOWP at all if SP is approved and will be studying distantly.

jeeneet

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
No correspondence letters unfortunately.
I applied thru my Canadian friend, she paid 5 cad, directly from CIC website. DM me if u need any help. Wud be happy to be a help.
Any idea how soon the response we can expect for GCMS notes though 30 days timeline is as per CIC ?
APPLICATION DATE for GCMS - Sep 23

Ssinan03

Jul 1, 2020
I ordered GCMS notes from getgcms website 3 times till now, it always took from 15-20 days to get the notes.
I thought of suggesting this website to you, maybe it is faster then other methods.