+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Refused" in GCMS notes 10.08.2020

Zyqwerty

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
Okay. Do you know the latest statistics on applicants who are applying for an open work permit for their spouses are getting approved or not?

and if they apply for the open work permit after their spouse landing in Canada as a student, is there any chance of refusal. Can they deny not to give visa to Spouse and keep them separated? One in Canada and another back home?
Hi I’m just expressing my opinion with regards to sp+sowp. I don’t keep tabs on statistic of application and i don’t even have a spouse :) .

For me its illogical for them to issue SOWP when the principal applicant “student” will be studying online outside Canada. SP+SOWP is allowing a couple together while in Canada. If SP cannot come to Canada theres no use of SOWP. Unemployment is still high there and issuing more SOWP will make things harder for Residents/Canadians looking for jobs.

Zyqwerty

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
Im just wondering if any of those who got refused received confirmation call from the embassy. 4 refusal no AIP issued only means high refusal rate.

What worrying me is my ties to Canada and Uae. My sister and close relatives are already Canadians and i dont have any relative here in UAE. I hope they don't see this as my disadvantage coz I will be studying online anyway.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Im just wondering if any of those who got refused received confirmation call from the embassy. 4 refusal no AIP issued only means high refusal rate.

What worrying me is my ties to Canada and Uae. My sister and close relatives are already Canadians and i dont have any relative here in UAE. I hope they don't see this as my disadvantage coz I will be studying online anyway.
Yes it's going to harm your application, doesn't matter if it's online. They are still going to try and maintain the same criteria

Zyqwerty

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
Yes it's going to harm your application, doesn't matter if it's online. They are still going to try and maintain the same criteria
Philippines is my home country. I think its not wise to give up my career here in UAE to apply SP in Philippines. I’m working for a big company here for almost 5yrs now. The purpose of my study is not settle there. I hope my SOP is convincing enough. Well see

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Excuse my bluntness but the fact that you are residing in another country as a 'non-citizen' for 5 years working is precisely the type of thing they reject study permits for. After all, it will be more than likely that you will try and do that in Canada (from your history). Anyways, good luck

Zyqwerty

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
Excuse my bluntness but the fact that you are residing in another country as a 'non-citizen' for 5 years working is precisely the type of thing they reject study permits for. After all, it will be more than likely that you will try and do that in Canada (from your history). Anyways, good luck
Im not sure if construction industry in Canada is even comparable to Middle east,Australia and NZ. But I'm sure Canada can provide quality education and is internationally recognized. Im only choosing Canada over Australia and NZ coz my family offering me free accommodation which is goin to be huge saving for me and the College i got accepted is just a block away from my sister‘s place. If I'm not tied up in this lengthy SP process i could have started looking for school in Australia. College is also not allowing refund so i run out of options.

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012

my nephew nice brother are in canada too but rejection didnot mention ties to canada .refusal points are only porpuse of visit and employment satuation in home country. donot worry be postive

Reactions: Zyqwerty

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012

no call from embassy.

Reactions: Zyqwerty

Rocky261096

Jul 7, 2020
my nephew nice brother are in canada too but rejection didnot mention ties to canada .refusal points are only porpuse of visit and employment satuation in home country. donot worry be postive

What do they mean by employment satuation in home country. ?