+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee travel document (Urgent)

Hakunde

May 22, 2021
Is there an urgent reason with a firm deadline? That is the type of thing that is usually required for urgent processing. Wanting to move to the US is usually not seen as a reason for urgent processing Is your husband a US citizen or does he have a Canadian visitor visa? If you have no intention of remaining in Canada and have a US visitor visa you can always travel using your home country passport.
Thank you, My husband is a US citizens and I need to schedule an immigrant Visa at US embassy Montrel before I can relocate

xichanmontreal

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
Is there an urgent reason with a firm deadline? That is the type of thing that is usually required for urgent processing. Wanting to move to the US is usually not seen as a reason for urgent processing Is your husband a US citizen or does he have a Canadian visitor visa? If you have no intention of remaining in Canada and have a US visitor visa you can always travel using your home country passport.

DON'T DO THAT!! BAD ADVICE!!

Request, renew, or even use the passport of the country of origin = Automatic loss of your status in Canada.

Consult this reference document:

https://ccrweb.ca/sites/ccrweb.ca/files/cessation-basic-info.pdf

or html version :

https://ccrweb.ca/en/cessation-basic-information

Reactions: Hakunde

amircanada2023

Mar 5, 2022
My RTD story

- NOD : Nov 2022
- Application sent : Nov 2022 by mail .paper application , by Purolator
- Urgent reason sent by web form , accepted by the responsible office
- Application marked as urgent : Dec 2022
- I send over 100 webform and crises webform as i have an urgent reason
- till mid Jan 2023 , no update , still in processing
- I contacted my MP , my MP sent an urgent letter to the immigration minister .
- I got a call from RTD responsible office to verify my application references
- RTD approved and Canada post tracking number sent

Total processing time : 65 days
Wish you all good luck

Reactions: Hakunde

wezhira

Mar 14, 2017
My RTD story

Wish you all good luck

Hi there, can you walk us through/summary of you contacting your MP, was it fairly easy and it is an in-person thing/online procedure?

Thanks In advance

abradabraaaa

Star Member
Jan 21, 2023
DON'T DO THAT!! BAD ADVICE!!

Request, renew, or even use the passport of the country of origin = Automatic loss of your status in Canada.

Consult this reference document:

https://ccrweb.ca/sites/ccrweb.ca/files/cessation-basic-info.pdf

or html version :

https://ccrweb.ca/en/cessation-basic-information
what if my country isn’t considered as country (stateless) ?
What if I’ve already been in contact with IRCC for month’s with documents from the hospital tons of them and I’ve been waiting for over four months now?

xichanmontreal

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
what if my country isn’t considered as country (stateless) ?
What if I’ve already been in contact with IRCC for month’s with documents from the hospital tons of them and I’ve been waiting for over four months now?
I will answer you frankly, directly, and without being ''politically correct''.

They don't care... For the moment you are not yet a voter (citizen), your opinion or complaint does not count... Worse than that: They will look for the slightest pretext to activate the cessation procedure, without mercy.

You have no choice, only to wait. (You can try to relaunch them using the online form, call them... and also, contact your federal deputy... Hoping for you that he is not a conservative).

If you use, renew, or apply for a new passport from your country, and cbsa knows it (and they will know it when you return, or even before: the registers of travelers with the names of all travelers and the numbers and types of travel documents are transmitted by the airlines automatically even before you board the exit flight), if you do any of these actions that I have mentioned, it will mean = AUTOMATIC LOSS OF YOUR STATUS IN CANADA .

The agents of cbsa (asfc) will ''welcome'' you on your return to the airport, and will initiate the cessation procedure (loss of refugee status, and permanent resident status also if you have it) = Back to square one, in your country of origin and where you say you have been persecuted.

... Concerning statelessness, the only thing that is likely to change, i think, is the nature of the document that you will receive: A blue travel document convention 1951, or a '' certificate of identity '', document white... But this document is usually offered to stateless people or people unable to obtain a travel document from their country here (no representation, or state unable to provide documents)... In the end, it is the processing office in Gatineau which will decide the nature of the document which will be granted to you, but very probably the blue document of the 1951 convention if you have been recognized as a protected person, or a refugee: Is this the case?

When you say that your country is not considered a country, are you saying this from your point of view (separatist entity), or from that of the UN and Canada (Palestine or Taiwan, for example)? ... Can we know what is your ''country''? (Curiosity... But also to better answer you).

Last edited:

xichanmontreal

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
More information about the documents issued by IRCC to refugees, protected persons, and stateless persons:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/travel-documents-non-canadians/document-types.html#travel-documents

Canadian travel documents
Refugee travel document
We issue refugee travel documents to people in Canada with protected person status. This includes
  • Convention refugees
  • persons in need of protection
You can use a refugee travel document for travel to all countries, except your country of citizenship.
The issuing office decides the validity period.
Certificate of identity
We issue certificates of identity to permanent residents of Canada who aren’t yet Canadian citizens and who either
  • are otherwise stateless, or
  • can’t get a national passport or travel document from any source for a valid reason
You can’t use a certificate of identity to travel to your country of citizenship.
The issuing office decides the validity period.

abradabraaaa

Star Member
Jan 21, 2023
I will answer you frankly, directly, and without being ''politically correct''.

They don't care... For the moment you are not yet a voter (citizen), your opinion or complaint does not count... Worse than that: They will look for the slightest pretext to activate the cessation procedure, without mercy.

You have no choice, only to wait. (You can try to relaunch them using the online form, call them... and also, contact your federal deputy... Hoping for you that he is not a conservative).

If you use, renew, or apply for a new passport from your country, and cbsa knows it (and they will know it when you return, or even before: the registers of travelers with the names of all travelers and the numbers and types of travel documents are transmitted by the airlines automatically even before you board the exit flight), if you do any of these actions that I have mentioned, it will mean = AUTOMATIC LOSS OF YOUR STATUS IN CANADA .

The agents of cbsa (asfc) will ''welcome'' you on your return to the airport, and will initiate the cessation procedure (loss of refugee status, and permanent resident status also if you have it) = Back to square one, in your country of origin and where you say you have been persecuted.

... Concerning statelessness, the only thing that is likely to change, i think, is the nature of the document that you will receive: A blue travel document convention 1951, or a '' certificate of identity '', document white... But this document is usually offered to stateless people or people unable to obtain a travel document from their country here (no representation, or state unable to provide documents)... In the end, it is the processing office in Gatineau which will decide the nature of the document which will be granted to you, but very probably the blue document of the 1951 convention if you have been recognized as a protected person, or a refugee: Is this the case?

When you say that your country is not considered a country, are you saying this from your point of view (separatist entity), or from that of the UN and Canada (Palestine or Taiwan, for example)? ... Can we know what is your ''country''? (Curiosity... But also to better answer you).
I dunno bro I've seen dozens of people do that and no neither of those two countries I'm just stateless.
I think they do only care about who return to his home country that's it.

abradabraaaa

Star Member
Jan 21, 2023
But for sure you are saying the truth man I'm not arguing I'm just wondering because I've seen that many do use their home countries passport and no one really cares unless they use it to go to their home country then yeah sure.

xichanmontreal

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
But for sure you are saying the truth man I'm not arguing I'm just wondering because I've seen that many do use their home countries passport and no one really cares unless they use it to go to their home country then yeah sure.
They are not supposed to... They were ''lucky''... or they are simply going to delay the cessation procedure when they apply the citizenship application form (Travel history is checked systematically, in particular to check the eligibility period of residence... and it is often at this point that they notice it)... Do not play with fire, to come and cry afterwards, you have been warned...

The cases of judgment with cessation due to the use of the travel document of the country of origin exist, it is not imaginary, several cases exist.

Have you ever heard of Murphy's Law? ... Life is hard, and it will happen to you without the others (or the others it will happen to them later as I explained) ... Everyone knows the rules... Now you are an adult: Do this whatever you want... but be prepared to accept the consequences.

Reactions: BigJJ

soliver

Dec 28, 2022
My RTD story

Wish you all good luck
Amir

how long after the money was taken from your card rtd ?

soliver

Dec 28, 2022
How long after the money was withdrawn from your account, did you receive it RTD. Dec 26 charge my credit card fee. I am waiting now.