+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee travel document (Urgent)

abradabraaaa

Star Member
Jan 21, 2023
They are not supposed to... They were ''lucky''... or they are simply going to delay the cessation procedure when they apply the citizenship application form (Travel history is checked systematically, in particular to check the eligibility period of residence... and it is often at this point that they notice it)... Do not play with fire, to come and cry afterwards, you have been warned...

The cases of judgment with cessation due to the use of the travel document of the country of origin exist, it is not imaginary, several cases exist.

Have you ever heard of Murphy's Law? ... Life is hard, and it will happen to you without the others (or the others it will happen to them later as I explained) ... Everyone knows the rules... Now you are an adult: Do this whatever you want... but be prepared to accept the consequences.
I don't care anyway lmao

Qaraxozu

Nov 28, 2021
I applied for a refugee travel document on 16 December. I did not put the old refugee travel document in the file when I applied. The reason I'm doing this is because my old document will expire in May 2023. Do you think I should add? We just added a photocopy. The current is still valid.

Granger21

Dec 1, 2021
I applied for a refugee travel document on 16 December. I did not put the old refugee travel document in the file when I applied. The reason I'm doing this is because my old document will expire in May 2023. Do you think I should add? We just added a photocopy. The current is still valid.
I had the same question but i put my old travel document with renewal application and I wrote them please cancel it and send it to me back. My old passport expire in april , actually i can not use it anymore cuz many countries wants to see more than 6 monts valid passport. anyway you can write them to cancel your old passport and send it to back. but take photocopy of your old passport each stamp pages. and save it

causeoflife

Jan 29, 2023
Does anyone know how to return my Refugee Travel Document and get the passport back I have emergency travel to my home country as my granddad passed away.. would appreciate any help

amircanada2023

Mar 5, 2022
How long after the money was withdrawn from your account, did you receive it RTD. Dec 26 charge my credit card fee. I am waiting now.
I paid for the application online before sending it by mail 120$ , the total processing time from date of sending to to the date of receiving IRCC confirmation that the RTD is approved is 64 days , add more 4 days for the xpress Canada post shipment from hull Ottawa to my location

amircanada2023

Mar 5, 2022
I had the same question but i put my old travel document with renewal application and I wrote them please cancel it and send it to me back. My old passport expire in april , actually i can not use it anymore cuz many countries wants to see more than 6 monts valid passport. anyway you can write them to cancel your old passport and send it to back. but take photocopy of your old passport each stamp pages. and save it
when you apply for a new RTD , you should send your old one along with your application in the mail , if your old RTD has a valid visa , it will be returned to you

zak86

Nov 13, 2019
Does anyone know how to return my Refugee Travel Document and get the passport back I have emergency travel to my home country as my granddad passed away.. would appreciate any help
no matter what you cant travel back to your country until you became Citizen if you try to travel CBSA can file a cessation application against your status and you can loose even your PR.. Good Luck and really sad to know about your Granddad.

031_guy

Star Member
Feb 17, 2022
Hi Guys ....

Have any of you submitted more then one application for your RTD eg. Ottawa and Gatineau addresses ?..............if so, did IRCC ever return one of them back ?
I'm asking because i received a notice of attempt to deliver by Canada post and online it says, its from passport office Gatineau ....so it's either they returning one of my application or Finally sent my RTD :D ...

031_guy

Star Member
Feb 17, 2022
I paid for the application online before sending it by mail 120$ , the total processing time from date of sending to to the date of receiving IRCC confirmation that the RTD is approved is 64 days , add more 4 days for the xpress Canada post shipment from hull Ottawa to my location
Hi
i got a notice from canada post in my box of an attempt to deliver mail. i checked reference online and its from OSC - Passport Program xpress canada/hull qc.

From this can i assume thats my travel document ?....did they leave a notice for you or CP found you at your place ?

Ziad2023

Mar 7, 2023
Hi, I have question for my RTD

I applied for a RTD on 8th April, 2022. On Nov 2022 I filled webform with urgent request and all necessary documents including flight ticket on 25th Jan. I did my first call to IRCC on 3rd of Jan they confirmed that the case has been flagged as urgent. Despite many following up by webform and calls still the RTD has not been issued. Any reason on why this delay and what I have to do to make it happen. Really disappointed with all those delays. Need your advice. Thx