+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee travel document (Urgent)

amircanada2023

Mar 5, 2022
Hi, I have question for my RTD

I applied for a RTD on 8th April, 2022. On Nov 2022 I filled webform with urgent request and all necessary documents including flight ticket on 25th Jan. I did my first call to IRCC on 3rd of Jan they confirmed that the case has been flagged as urgent. Despite many following up by webform and calls still the RTD has not been issued. Any reason on why this delay and what I have to do to make it happen. Really disappointed with all those delays. Need your advice. Thx
the urgent reason shall be one of 3 ( serious health , death , lost of money , court session invitation ) you need to have one of them documented and logical , if your application flagged as urgent already and you keep receiving the same reply from IRCC webform , the only solution is to contact your MP in your residential area to convince him to send an urgent letter to Sean feazer immigration minister , then your application will be processed , otherwise you can wait for 1 year or more with no results

Ziad2023

Mar 7, 2023
the urgent reason shall be one of 3 ( serious health , death , lost of money , court session invitation ) you need to have one of them documented and logical , if your application flagged as urgent already and you keep receiving the same reply from IRCC webform , the only solution is to contact your MP in your residential area to convince him to send an urgent letter to Sean feazer immigration minister , then your application will be processed , otherwise you can wait for 1 year or more with no results
Thank you for your reply. It has been flagged as urgent already which confirmed by e mail from IRCC. I will follow your advice.

miajos

May 3, 2023
Hello, Its been over a year now since I applied for refugee travel document (I applied on April27,2022). Its flagged as urgent since December 1st 2022 but still nothing new. I want to travel and I have been contacting IRCC agents letting them know that I want the document asap and I also provided travel itinerary, but nothing new.
What would you advice me?
And Thank you for your time.

farsxp

Apr 19, 2019
Hello, Its been over a year now since I applied for refugee travel document (I applied on April27,2022). Its flagged as urgent since December 1st 2022 but still nothing new. I want to travel and I have been contacting IRCC agents letting them know that I want the document asap and I also provided travel itinerary, but nothing new.
What would you advice me?
You are not alone. They were supposed to contact me due to urgent travel I had two weeks ago. My request was flagged as urgent too. But contacting me never happened! They actually don't do their jobs even for urgent matters!

adsiyad

May 30, 2022
Take this advice it work for me. Send new webform as a new urgent application and request epost link. You will find in weeks. Forgot the previous application

Reactions: AwesomeDoer

AwesomeDoer

Feb 9, 2023
What would you advise me?
Hi Miajos, I am very sorry for this delay, and I perfectly understand the trials you‘re experiencing now. In my opinion, I would advice maybe you do another fresh application if you have the money? And this time, include some more specific and urgency needs why you so needed to do the journey ASAP? Mine actually took just a month, and I have done the journey and now returned to Canada. Also, keep sending the web forms and explaining the need for the urgency. It will come through soon for you, keep a positive mind.

miajos

May 3, 2023
Hi Miajos, I am very sorry for this delay, and I perfectly understand the trials you‘re experiencing now. In my opinion, I would advice maybe you do another fresh application if you have the money? And this time, include some more specific and urgency needs why you so needed to do the journey ASAP? Mine actually took just a month, and I have done the journey and now returned to Canada. Also, keep sending the web forms and explaining the need for the urgency. It will come through soon for you, keep a positive mind.
Thank you so much for the reply and do you think if I try sending a new application with all the travel dates and details, would it not be a duplicate application? The reason for my urgency is for my wedding.

AwesomeDoer

Feb 9, 2023
Thank you so much for the reply and do you think if I try sending a new application with all the travel dates and details, would it not be a duplicate application? The reason for my urgency is for my wedding.
Waoooooo!!! A wedding calls for urgency then! Then, a new application wouldn't be a crime because if per adventure the first is processed, they will see that it has been done. In my opinion, and in this specific case, I would advice a new application and stating the urgency. Also state that your partner has already take a time-off work for this purpose, and your invitees already made plans. This was the main reason you did the application since a year ago.

miajos

May 3, 2023
Waoooooo!!! A wedding calls for urgency then! Then, a new application wouldn't be a crime because if per adventure the first is processed, they will see that it has been done. In my opinion, and in this specific case, I would advice a new application and stating the urgency. Also state that your partner has already take a time-off work for this purpose, and your invitees already made plans. This was the main reason you did the application since a year ago.
When I first applied for RTD I didn specify a date of travel and didn tell that I want it urgently, but after sometime(few months after), me and my partner planned for a wedding and since then I been tellin them I want to travel for my wedding. But I think I should take your advice now

Reactions: AwesomeDoer

AwesomeDoer

Feb 9, 2023
When I first applied for RTD I didn specify a date of travel and didn tell that I want it urgently, but after sometime(few months after), me and my partner planned for a wedding and since then I been tellin them I want to travel for my wedding. But I think I should take your advice now
Best you state full details on the application itself because sometimes, those guys working on the web form do not have the prerogative to make final decisions. Best to prepare a fresh application and ensure you include maybe an original copy of the wedding invitation, photos of you and your spouse, the date and venue or country (other than your country) for the wedding. Also, let them know you already take your vacation off work for this purpose. If available, include some evidence where your vacation request has been approved.

miajos

May 3, 2023
Best you state full details on the application itself because sometimes, those guys working on the web form do not have the prerogative to make final decisions. Best to prepare a fresh application and ensure you include maybe an original copy of the wedding invitation, photos of you and your spouse, the date and venue or country (other than your country) for the wedding. Also, let them know you already take your vacation off work for this purpose. If available, include some evidence where your vacation request has been approved.
Noted! thank you so much, I hope this will help.

md.ali22

Star Member
May 2, 2023
My question about RTD validity, I added my application irb notice of decision letter, in this case RTD validity how many years?

Ezzo90

Jan 12, 2019
I applied for a Travel Document back in April 2022 and until now I have not received it. I have sent like 30 webforms explaining the urgency and still have not received it. My local MP has checked with immigration and they were told that they have my full application and it has been marked urgent since November 2022 but not still processed. I am going to go crazy I have my flight coming in June and I have sent the ticket and everything to them yet no answer.
I have noticed in other threads people saying they applied in March 2023 and received their RTD in April 2023 without urgency.
Shall I re-apply again or if anyone has any insight on what to do?
I am feeling hopeless
Thanks