+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee travel document (Urgent)

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello guys,

I recieved my RTD. I'm planning a visit to Ghana. Please did anybody have a requirements if ghana accept RTD without a visa or any experiences visiting ghana with rtd. Pls, your advice is important
You need Visa to Enter Ghana with RTD.

Sep 7, 2021
Hi everyone! I got a letter from IRCC asking for new passport photos because the ones I sent before had a glare. Does my guarantor have to sign the photos again or can I just send without a signature? Thank you for your help!

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi everyone! I got a letter from IRCC asking for new passport photos because the ones I sent before had a glare. Does my guarantor have to sign the photos again or can I just send without a signature? Thank you for your help!
Yes guarantor needs to sign one of the photo

pamela21

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
I've sent email to Germany consulate to confirm if germany is visa free. As their email below, yes it is visa free for RTD:

"Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for contacting the visa section of the German Consulate General in Toronto.

With regards to your questions, please refer to the information on our website:

www.canada.diplo.de/shortstay

In general, the Canadian gray travel document (certificate of identity), unfortunately, is not recognized by German authorities as a valid travel document, and hence cannot be used for trips to Germany, not even for transits.

A visa can also not be issued into this document.

However, holders of a blue Canadian Travel Document (Convention of July 28th, 1951) do not need a visa for transit and/or short term stay (e.g. for tourism or business purposes for up to 90 days) in Germany.

It is recommended to book a direct flight to Germany without transiting through other Schengen countries. If you are transiting through Austria for instance, you will need a visa.

For information on entry requirements, transit etc., please refer to the information on our website:

https://canada.diplo.de/ca-en/consular-services/16-coronavirus--covid-19-corona

Sincerely,

Visa section

German Consulate General

Deutsches General konsulat

2 Bloor St. East, 25th floor

Toronto, ON M4W 1A8

pamela21

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
Does anyone travel to Italy with RTD? I sent an email to Italy Toronto Consulate and their email RTD holder doesnt need a visa :

"If you have Blue Canadian Travel documents - DO NOT NEED VISA for Tourism, business or transit for up to 90 days, but the flight need are direct (Canada to Italy), NO TRANSIT OTHER COUNTRY."

Reactions: Dina1993

Zainab umer

Star Member
Feb 14, 2020
I asked by webform for Urgent refugee travel document n they send me the link by epost. I uploaded the docs there but i have realized that the fee i have paid online is for normal processing Because for urgent processing fee option isn’t available. Now what am i going to do. I attached the payment recipt of normal processing but want to get it done urgently

Ghess23

Apr 11, 2014
I asked by webform for Urgent refugee travel document n they send me the link by epost. I uploaded the docs there but i have realized that the fee i have paid online is for normal processing Because for urgent processing fee option isn’t available. Now what am i going to do. I attached the payment recipt of normal processing but want to get it done urgently
There is no urgent processing fee for RTD, the only additional fees I see on their website is for Express/Urgent Pick up, none for the processing itself

lavida

Nov 18, 2021
Hi everyone,

I'm thinking about creating a telegram group where we can share our process of receiving our Travel Document ( Urgent / Not urgent ). If you are interested, please feel free to message me. (I'm using Telegram because you don't see a phone number, which makes the application safer than WhatsApp. )

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi everyone,

I'm thinking about creating a telegram group where we can share our process of receiving our Travel Document ( Urgent / Not urgent ). If you are interested, please feel free to message me. (I'm using Telegram because you don't see a phone number, which makes the application safer than WhatsApp. )
whats wrong using this forum? if someone delete group then all threads disappear?

Therightd237

Nov 20, 2021
Guys I applied for urgent RTD on November 2021 and they sent me a mail saying I meet the urgent processing requirements but so far no RTD. ANYONE WITH A SIMILAR TIMELINE?

Last edited:
Reactions: Toronto1971

031_guy

Star Member
Feb 17, 2022
Hi guys,

i applied for my RTD in June 2022 ( after getting my NOD )and now i need to request urgent processing. I just booked a flight ticket to Chicago on 23 September 2022 (considering US visa appointment ) . I have a relative who was in a car accident in 2021 and was in a coma for weeks. I am the only relative he has in North America. Do your think IRCC will accept this travel timeframe and process my RTD ?