+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee travel document (Urgent)

lavida

Nov 18, 2021
Did you attach your PR Card when making application or got PR after submitting your RTD Application?
I was PR but I didn't have my PR card yet. In any case, they should be able to see that I was PR back then. But I understand they were overwhelmed with all the applications.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I was PR but I didn't have my PR card yet. In any case, they should be able to see that I was PR back then. But I understand they were overwhelmed with all the applications.
Wish it could be like that, if you dont provide copy of your PR Card , they will issue 2yrs Validity. RTD's are issued from Passport office and seems that is the guideline

lavida

Nov 18, 2021
I received my PR card recently so it wasn't possible to send it to them. It seems in 2 years I will be applying for another TD :(

Safoo

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
Hello i sent my documents via epost and it's 10 days toll now i didn't get ane respond, if they accept everything they will put a massage for me or they will just send it

lavida

Nov 18, 2021
Exactly, or if you won't have any travel plan, you may be applying for Citizenship by then
It seems Citizenship will take at least another 2-3 years as you know our waiting time for a hearing is counted as 0 days. I have a friend who waited 4 years for that and now it will be counted as 0 days. 4 years of waiting for the hearing, 2 years of PR, 2 years of completing days and 1 year of Citizenship application. It takes 9 years to be able to see our loved ones. ( * It doesn't mean everybody will have the same schedule, I know someone else became Canadian only in 4 years. )

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
It seems Citizenship will take at least another 2-3 years as you know our waiting time for a hearing is counted as 0 days. I have a friend who waited 4 years for that and now it will be counted as 0 days. 4 years of waiting for the hearing, 2 years of PR, 2 years of completing days and 1 year of Citizenship application. It takes 9 years to be able to see our loved ones. ( * It doesn't mean everybody will have the same schedule, I know someone else became Canadian only in 4 years. )
That is the different situation with poster...he has 2yrs RTD, with PR..after 2yrs if he wants to apply, he would rather apply for the citizenship or do both

Salshe

Aug 1, 2022
Ontario
Category........
Other
Anyone know when will they start issuing RTD for a non-urgent travellers ?
I sent a webform and the response was that they are only dealing with urgent RTD’s

mefepolat

Mar 18, 2022
in 9years, if your country’s situation changes, you can go visit. (When your asylum reason is no longer applicable) you can explain it to the officers.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
in 9years, if your country’s situation changes, you can go visit. (When your asylum reason is no longer applicable) you can explain it to the officers.
You dont explain that to the officer, but you make arguement before the court once there’s cessation application request. Stop misleading

Reactions: lavida