+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
What should I do then
You need to decide what to do but there will be a record that you picked up your passport and there will also be a record of your travel right after it. I would never take any chances with my asylum but I also don’t know why you need to go to Turkey.

Mano1110786

Oct 25, 2019
You need to decide what to do but there will be a record that you picked up your passport and there will also be a record of your travel right after it. I would never take any chances with my asylum but I also don’t know why you need to go to Turkey.
But I know people who are using their national passport for travelling but not travelling to their home country. They have their refugee passport as well, is it not right?

Reactions: ank22

Mano1110786

Oct 25, 2019
Should I send my refugee travel document application by paying urgent fee for a pick up?

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
Unfortunately the person you may have spoken with may not have been aware of reavailment. You should not use your home passport.
Regarding the reavailment there is too much confusion. Some say dont renew your passport. Some say dont travel on your home country passport. Some say dont travel to your country with it only. i know a friend who is using his country passport to go to uae as they dont accept RTD. And he is going twice every month i would say. he didnt get any issue no where. Even he is travelling from canada airport and coming back with his home country passport and PR no issue at all.

i discussed with him and he said he asked to officer and he was clearly told dont use it to go to your home country. Thats all. you can use it anywhere in the world. Thirdly if it is really an issue they should not return the home country passport at the time of landing interview. plus they can link it with the pr card and as soon as you use it to exit to come back they can apply reavailment against you. So there is a grey area. which needs to be clear.

Mano1110786

Oct 25, 2019
Regarding the reavailment there is too much confusion. Some say dont renew your passport. Some say dont travel on your home country passport. Some say dont travel to your country with it only. i know a friend who is using his country passport to go to uae as they dont accept RTD. And he is going twice every month i would say. he didnt get any issue no where. Even he is travelling from canada airport and coming back with his home country passport and PR no issue at all.

i discussed with him and he said he asked to officer and he was clearly told dont use it to go to your home country. Thats all. you can use it anywhere in the world. Thirdly if it is really an issue they should not return the home country passport at the time of landing interview. plus they can link it with the pr card and as soon as you use it to exit to come back they can apply reavailment against you. So there is a grey area. which needs to be clear.
Yeah I need clarification as well

Reactions: luckyrefugee

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
That was my mistake, I went through the web-site information only. After this refusal happened I checked directly through calling the Georgian Embassy and to their MFA. I thought that I can visit Georgia WITHOUT visa, which is possible, but only if person has PR. I have no PR yet, then I had to have a visa from the Georgian Embassy. Turkish Airlines was completely right. Anyway, I was angry on them and took my second ticket to Georgia from LOT Airlines :). Btw it was significantly cheaper than Turkish.
Do LOT airlines don’t need a transit visa for pikant. Airport transit visa ???

ank22

Star Member
May 24, 2019

EXACTLY WHAT I ALWAYS SAY!!!!!! THANK YOU!

Researched a few many hours to get my answers and below I've added FACTS to support my statement "Using your passport to another country is not an issue, USING IT TO TRAVEL TO YOUR HOME COUNTRY IS THE PROBLEM"!

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/refugees-travelling-using-their-national-passports.470382/page-2

refugeewithkids

Jul 24, 2020
what we should do to send the Travel Document Form for Refugee, please write the steps we need to follow... including if we should send the expired RTD with the application or we upload online??

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Reavailment often starts being discussed when people apply citizenship ((Or sometimes PR card) so your friend is far from safe. When you travel using your home country passport you are travelling as a citizen of that country. Your friend should really have met with an immigration lawyer and who has dealt with a reavailment case and sought their opinion before flying twice a month using his home passport. The more travel you do with your home country passport the bigger the issue. Others have had to limit seeing family or visit family in a 3rd country.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

They return the home country passport because some don’t have much proof of ID and technically it is your property they can’t hold it If you want it back. Whatever officer he was talking to may have zero idea what he is talking about. Reavailment is not necessarily well known.

Reactions: Mano1110786