+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

Anonyref

May 3, 2020
Are they accepting applications for RTD??? I called several times to IRCC where they said that ordinary applications are not acceptable they will send back?? Can you plz update
When I called the agent, I was advised to still send the application so it can join the queue and this may help reduce the wait time when processing comes back to normal. I believe the state of emergency is staying until the end of august, which is when I presume the office will go back in being in operation! It's your choice ultimately, but like it was mentioned above, send it through a courier with a return address. The worst they can do is refuse the parcel, which will just come back to you. :)

Anonyref

May 3, 2020
Unfortunately there isn’t any urgent processing when RTD starts processing. Hopefully they will start processing soon.
I believe you are eligible to have an expedited processing of the RTD based on the website by contacting IRCC through the webform. Of course, the reason for your travel has to be deemed essential in order to obtain the document. :)

Reactions: Mano1110786

Mano1110786

Oct 25, 2019
I filled up a web form few days back but I got an email back with a same general information from them. After the web form there were uploading of documents options which I didn’t fill..

Alikhan115674

Apr 13, 2020
Hi
I received my NOD and it’s positive can any one tell me what is next step ?
How to apply PR and what’s documents required?
How to apply RTD and what documents required?
We are 5 family members my lawyer is demanding each person 500$ fees and total 2500 + gov fees to apply PR,
I will be thankful if any one can suggest for further next step after getting NOD.
Thanks a lot

Reactions: Mano1110786

Mano1110786

Oct 25, 2019
Hi
We are 5 family members my lawyer is demanding each person 500$ fees and total 2500 + gov fees to apply PR,
I will be thankful if any one can suggest for further next step after getting NOD.
Thanks a lot
PR application is given on CIc website, there is a checklist of all the required documents too. You need to pay PR fee online to the all the members. Fill up the application form and don’t forget to validate it at the end before taking print outs, it’s up to you whether you submit online application or paper application, best of luck

Mano1110786

Oct 25, 2019
Hi
Thanks a lot
The following are the forms that must be filled out and submitted: Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) ( PDF , 553 KB ) Additional Dependants/Declaration (IMM 0008 DEP) ( PDF , 424 KB ) Schedule 14 – Protected Persons and Convention Refugees (IMM 0008 – Schedule 14) ( PDF , 1.39 MB )Jun 24, 2020

Mano1110786

Oct 25, 2019
Hi
Thanks a lot
Here is the website too
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5205-applying-permanent-residence-within-canada-protected-persons-convention-refugees.html

Pindimurree

Star Member
Nov 1, 2015
Oshawa
Hi
Thanks a lot
Congratulations!!!

Alikhan115674

Apr 13, 2020
PR application is given on CIc website, there is a checklist of all the required documents too. You need to pay PR fee online to the all the members. Fill up the application form and don’t forget to validate it at the end before taking print outs, it’s up to you whether you submit online application or paper application, best of luck
Thanks a lot Sir

roycanada

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
Hi,
Is there online application option for protected person

roy

Alikhan115674

Apr 13, 2020
Hi
One technical question once we are filling application do we need to provide 10 year history which even we travelled for less than one month to any country?
I lived Saudi and every 6 month went home country and other country as well do we need to mention?