+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

Mano1110786

Oct 25, 2019
Guys, my friend wants to reapply for RTD, he is now PR. the thing is he lost his national passport, so he can't send this doc to passport centre. What he should do, any advice?
National passport is not the requirement to apply for RTD. You should apply for RTD but still the offices are not open. You can contact IRCC

Reactions: Emil7

imadeddin

Jul 5, 2016
Anyone has been to Belgium or Netherlands with RTD? Is visa a requirement to those countries? Can one somehow get there without visa if it is required? Planning for a very short visit but I have not experienced such a travel before!!! Any ideas please!

Mano1110786

Oct 25, 2019
Anyone has been to Belgium or Netherlands with RTD? Is visa a requirement to those countries? Can one somehow get there without visa if it is required? Planning for a very short visit but I have not experienced such a travel before!!! Any ideas please!
You should Belgium or Netherlands embassy in Canada fir authentic information

Reactions: imadeddin

nizaraj

Jul 3, 2020
Both of these countries require a visa. I applied at the Belgium embassy last year and go rejected. I got the schengen the year before that from the Greek embassy though so depends on the embassy I guess :/

Reactions: imadeddin

nizaraj

Jul 3, 2020
thank you!! In hospitality industry it's easier to get away except summer! So i prefer to do couple trips in low season! :) and i consider myself lucky to work with good management so they mostly approve my vacays! :)

do you know if Dominican Republic requires PR?
Went to Dominic Republic last year. You don't need a visa but you have to have your PR card!

cy21

Jun 9, 2020
How can I find a professional grantor? Canada citizenship is easy to find, but it’s very difficult to find a doctor or lawyer to be my grantor.

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
How can I find a professional grantor? Canada citizenship is easy to find, but it’s very difficult to find a doctor or lawyer to be my grantor.
If you cannot find a guarantor
If you haven’t known an eligible guarantor for at least two years, complete form PPTC 132 (Statutory Declaration in Lieu of Guarantor) available from any passport office or by telephone.

cy21

Jun 9, 2020
Filling such a form might cause delays. It says so on the website. I asked my local imam to sign, I was nervous but he agreed quite quickly stating he had done it for others too!
Thank you, i am going to ask my family doctor to do a favor. Hope she will help me.

Mano1110786

Oct 25, 2019
Anyone got their RTD yet? I have sent my application last week. Hope it won't take too long! :D
Are they accepting applications for RTD??? I called several times to IRCC where they said that ordinary applications are not acceptable they will send back?? Can you plz update

Pindimurree

Star Member
Nov 1, 2015
Oshawa
Are they accepting applications for RTD??? I called several times to IRCC where they said that ordinary applications are not acceptable they will send back?? Can you plz update
I think they are not processing them at the moment. However, I don't think they are declining to recieve them. You could send with tracking and returning mailing address.. if they deny, it would be returned.

Reactions: Mano1110786