+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

bhopalpur

Aug 1, 2022
Finally,I got my travel Document after a long wait.(Dozen of calls, webforms, 2 time MP inquiries). Yesterday, suddenly My door was knocked by Canada Post employee and I was surprised to see the package.

Applied on 10-FEB-2022

Received on 03-NOV-2023

Reactions: rachelm2000r

M.Alii

Feb 19, 2023
Hi, I applied for a Singapore Visa through the Consulate General Toronto. You must send an email to torsgmfa@gmail.com with all your documents like the RTD Biodata Page, Return ticket, or a ticket showing leaving Singapore, for example: leaving for Thailand from Singapore. I booked a multi-city trip. From Montreal to Singapore and Bangkok to Montreal on the same itinerary. From Singapore to Bangkok, I booked separately with Scoot Airline. Remember, that's a disgusting airline. They said they had never seen that type of travel document and didn't recognize my RTD. I had to wait for 2.5 hours for them to enquire with the Thailand embassy if I could be allowed in Thailand with that travel document. I was the last person to board the flight and was almost missing. You have to make sure you go to any check-in counter in Asia at least 3 hours before the flight so that in case they don't recognize your travel document, they have enough time to enquire with the embassy of the country you are flying to. Also, include your Driver's License and Health Card from your province for the visa application. They do need to see at least two IDs other than the RTD if you don't have a PR. I'll still recommend not applying for a Singapore visa without a PR because they troubled me to enter the country without a PR. Thailand is the only country that didn't care about my RTD and got me entry in just 2 minutes. For a Thailand visa, go to https://www.thaievisa.go.th/

I came back on October 12th and everything was smooth on the way back. Though at Dubai Airport, they double-check your status at the boarding gate. For me, it took around 15 minutes for them to update my status on their system. I was scared but all went through smoothly after I boarded the flight. In Canada, you do have to go for the secondary inspection but that was just a formality. It was around a maximum of 5 to 7 minutes for me to get through the immigration with the waiting time in the queue. Please read my latest post for the entire experience on the way back for a smoother travel experience.

Hope that helps...

Which one is best airline Toronto to Bangkok?

Mr. Optimistic

Feb 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What number to contact IRCC for RTD? It has been 6 months since I applied for a family member and no response received until now?

Masjuy

Dec 6, 2020
I applied in January 2023, my application was approved in July , I know it because I inquired about my application local mp but it’s still needed right be printed. When is it going to happen, just God knows

Zai24

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
Same address that you used for your current application.

But the address is on the application form. Or you can google
[/
QUOTE]

Do we have to mention that we withdraw old application for Rtd when submitting new?
I am thinking to write note with it to explain my urgency. Is it good idea?

theclaimer

Star Member
Jul 29, 2022
Hello everyone,
I have received a positive NOD and applied for the PR process. Can I apply for a travel document? What is the expiry duration normally issued for a TD?

Reactions: Mancini

Sarah0211

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
Does anyone know if we need a visa for Colombia if we have the RTD and PR? The embassy doesn't pick up and won't reply to emails. Thank you!

B-Nice

Feb 28, 2023
Hi there

Yes indeed, you can travel to Domicain republic without your PR using your RTD.
Just know that some airplane companies agent work like robot and they do have all the info.
To be on the safe side and to avoid any delay ! Log to the Dominican republic ambassy website, find the email adresse...
Email them your first page of your passport and ask them for a letter that can confirm that you can travel there without the need of a visa. And then call them. It take 1 h to 2 days to have that letter.

That's it !
I have myself that letter already.
hi, any idea if I can travel to Mexico,Cancun with RTD, no PR??
Thank you

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Hi!
Has anyone ever travelled to Mexico without PR just RTD??? If yes, what documents are required??
I just contacted to Mexico embassy yesterday.
Refugee travel document +no pr: you need visa
Refugee travel document +pr: no need visa
Refugee travel document +no pr +one of visa from us, Japan, Canada or shengen: no need visa (regardless your nationality) but visa stamped on rtd. Not work or study permits.

rachelm2000r

Star Member
Aug 19, 2023
hi, any idea if I can travel to Mexico,Cancun with RTD, no PR??
Thank you

Hi...
For Cancun-Mexico without a PR ! It is a big No. Don't try unless you have the confirmation lettre. (But again, i'am not seeing that the confirmation of PR letter will let you travel to mexico)

My advice to you... ask for a schengen visa (france visa). If you have a valide multiple entree schengen visa... it is a big yes for mexico cancun.

I am coming back from cancun using RTD_with No PR but schengen visa.

Reactions: B-Nice

B-Nice

Feb 28, 2023
Refugee travel document +no pr +one of visa from us, Japan, Canada or shengen: no need visa (regardless your nationality) but visa stamped on rtd. Not work or study permits.
Thank you for this,

B-Nice

Feb 28, 2023
Thank you very much. Please how long did it take u to be granted a Schengen visa and where did u apply?? And as a protected person in Canada awaiting PR what documents were required? Someone also said they contacted Mexico and without a PR they need a visa.

B-Nice

Feb 28, 2023
Please can you share the link u use in contacting Mexico? Thank you!