+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

Saralynn97

Mar 7, 2018
Exactly, copy of the certificated copy of the passport with the CBSA stamp, RTD, Notice of refugge decision and work permit, study permit the payment. Once you pay they email you all the instruction clearly
After you ship your documents, you got your RTD with the visa in 7 business days? Or just 7 days?

binabade

Star Member
Jun 24, 2023
Hello guys, first of all thank you so much for this thread.
i want to renew my travel documents, i send a web form and i told the ircc that i need to process my travel document application urgently and attached the required documents to that webform, after few days i received an email saying that you will be contacted within 5 business days and we will send you a link through Canada post to upload the documents, unfortunately I didn’t receive any other email after!
I decided to send the same webform again
And today i received the same email that i received 2 weeks ago “you will be contacted in the next 5 business days”
What should i do guys? Any of you had a similar experience before? Any suggestions for this matter will be appreciated!

musmanali

May 16, 2019
Canada
Category........
Other
Hi.. if any one can guide me.. i had applied rtd for myself and family.. got the adult rtd but for minors it is under process since 4 months.. any leads? or suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks

Montreal_Guy

Jul 27, 2023
Hello
Montreal_Guy
Please What questions did Canadian border officers ask returning to Canada with RTD?
Hi, please take a look...

1. Where have you been to?
Answer: Singapore and Thailand.

2. What was the purpose of the trip?
Answer: Meeting my parents.

3. Where do they live?
Answer: Home country informed.

4. Did you buy anything from the countries you have visited?
Answer: I bought some souvenirs from Thailand.

5. How much do those cost in Canadian dollars?
Answer: $50 or less.

6. Where do you live?
Answer: Montreal.

7. Did you not leave from Montreal? (Not sure why they couldn't see it on their system that I left from Montreal)
Answer: Yes I did leave from Montreal.

Montreal_Guy

Jul 27, 2023
Which one is best airline Toronto to Bangkok?
I can only vouch for Emirates as I had a great experience with them. Most of the European Airlines can be good too. Just avoid Turkish Airlines and any Asian Airlines as they don't have much knowledge about RTD and can give you a hard time.

Best of Luck...

Carlos Hernandez

Star Member
Jun 20, 2023
Hi, please take a look...

1. Where have you been to?
Answer: Singapore and Thailand.

2. What was the purpose of the trip?
Answer: Meeting my parents.

3. Where do they live?
Answer: Home country informed.

4. Did you buy anything from the countries you have visited?
Answer: I bought some souvenirs from Thailand.

5. How much do those cost in Canadian dollars?
Answer: $50 or less.

6. Where do you live?
Answer: Montreal.

7. Did you not leave from Montreal? (Not sure why they couldn't see it on their system that I left from Montreal)
Answer: Yes I did leave from Montreal.
Thanks a lot
Montreal_Guy
Please, did you have permanent residence when you travel?

Shiny12

Star Member
Apr 19, 2023
I can only vouch for Emirates as I had a great experience with them. Most of the European Airlines can be good too. Just avoid Turkish Airlines and any Asian Airlines as they don't have much knowledge about RTD and can give you a hard time.

Best of Luck...
Does Emirates airlines accept the transit in Dubai without a transit visa? If I traveled with them to any country.

binabade

Star Member
Jun 24, 2023
Is there anybody of you guys applied for RTD? what is the processing time these days?
what is your experience?

Replying for this message is really helpful so thank you in advance!

rachelm2000r

Star Member
Aug 19, 2023
Is there anybody of you guys applied for RTD? what is the processing time these days?
what is your experience?

Replying for this message is really helpful so thank you in advance!
Hi

Lately it was between 6 to 18 weeks.
But as we are in festive season, no body can really tell.
Sorry about that.

binabade

Star Member
Jun 24, 2023
Hi

Lately it was between 6 to 18 weeks.
But as we are in festive season, no body can really tell.
Sorry about that.
Thank you so much for your reply!

i’ve send multiple webfroms last month to send me the link through Canada post to upload the required documents and they didn’t
I decided to send my documents today through the mail so hopefully they send it soon

Reactions: rachelm2000r