+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Thank you very much. Please how long did it take u to be granted a Schengen visa and where did u apply?? And as a protected person in Canada awaiting PR what documents were required? Someone also said they contacted Mexico and without a PR they need a visa.
I have just us visa.

rachelm2000r

Star Member
Aug 19, 2023
Thank you very much. Please how long did it take u to be granted a Schengen visa and where did u apply?? And as a protected person in Canada awaiting PR what documents were required? Someone also said they contacted Mexico and without a PR they need a visa.
Hi there

Please, do not be afraid to do some search on your matter on google.com

Schengen visa takes between 5 weeks to 3 months. (All depends on the season).
for the document, you will found the check list in the website.

https://france-visas.gouv.fr/en/web/france-visas/visa-application-guidelines
https://visa.vfsglobal.com/ind/en/can/book-an-appointment

Reactions: Mancini

moref1988

Star Member
Feb 28, 2023
Hello guys

i applied for travel document recently. How can i track my application? What are your suggestions about that?
Nowadays how long is travel document issuance period?
my some friends got in one month this year and my another friend got 1 year later.

Shiny12

Star Member
Apr 19, 2023
Hello guys

i applied for travel document recently. How can i track my application? What are your suggestions about that?
Nowadays how long is travel document issuance period?
my some friends got in one month this year and my another friend got 1 year later.
You can not track the RTD application online. The only way is to call IRCC and ask for the updates or send webforms.
No one can tell you about the time to issue the RTD. Each case is different and unique.

Moh2001

Star Member
Apr 25, 2022
Hello,
Does Portugal need a visa with RTD and no PR ? And when I return back to Canada, what do I need to show to re-enter ?

Carlos Hernandez

Star Member
Jun 20, 2023
Did anyone travel back to Canada from any Asian countries with RTD but still awaiting PR? I flew to Singapore from Montreal on 3rd September and then to Bangkok from Singapore on 9th September. No questions asked by Emirates at Montreal Airport. They didn't even look for my e-visas and gave me the boarding passes all the way to Singapore. I thought they might check in Dubai but nope. All went smooth till Singapore. At Singapore immigration, they asked for my PR. Went for the secondary verification which didn't last for more than 5 minutes. I said I applied but don't have it yet. They asked if I have my residency proof in Canada. Just told them with confidence, "yes I have multiple proofs." Then gave them my Quebec Driver's License and Healthcare Card. They let me in. When leaving from Singapore for Thailand, the budget airline 'Scoot' made my life even more difficult. The representative at the desk said she has never seen this type of passport and it took 2.5 hours for them to verify with Thai Embassy if I can be allowed in Thailand. I had to literary run with my old parents to the gate which was far away from the boarding counter as I couldn't afford to pay for another flight. It caused health issues to my dad. At Bangkok Airport, it was a charm. The immigration officer was probably talking to her boyfriend or someone with her earphones. Just saw my RTD, guided me for the arrival fingerprints, stamped my RTD and the gate to Thailand was opened to me. Took maximum 2 minutes for her to let me enter Thailand. Anyway, I'm coming back soon with Emirates but different portals giving different information. If anyone traveled back to Canada with RTD and never had a PR card, please let me know how it was. More the days are passing by and getting closer to my return date, getting more worried. Spending sleepless nights. Thanks in advance!!!
Hello
Montreal_Guy
Please What questions did Canadian border officers ask returning to Canada with RTD?

SJ2019

Jan 1, 2019
Hello,

Can someone advice, if you have a valid RTD. Will be receiving PR card from IRCC as well. My wife's PR card arrived 2 weeks back my still waiting. Thanks

speehush

Apr 26, 2023
Did any one apply for RTD recently? how long it takes?
Has the Gatineau office reopened and accept RTD application again like before the Covid days?

Carlos Hernandez

Star Member
Jun 20, 2023
Did any one apply for RTD recently? how long it takes?
Has the Gatineau office reopened and accept RTD application again like before the Covid days?
My brother applied in June 2023 (Canada Post with tracking Ontario) and received on Sept 2023. However I applied in 2022(UPS courier to Gatineau) and it was one year waiting. My brother had a family doctor as a guarantor and it was faster. I did not had a family doctor, I had a Notary for guarantor and it took one year.