+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

Montreal_Guy

Jul 27, 2023
I got my PR and not from Pakistan. Why would my status get revoked?
[/QUOTE]
Hi, please be informed, Pakistan won't allow entry with an RTD. It's even tough to get a visa when you have a Canadian passport if you are originally from one of their neighboring countries. If you are from one of the gulf countries, maybe you'll be granted a visa when you have a Canadian passport but with RTD, you can't apply for a visa. I recently traveled to Singapore and Thailand and things were way better than seeking entry to Pakistan which Canada won't like their refugees to ever go to.

Anindaokito

Apr 13, 2023
Hi, please be informed, Pakistan won't allow entry with an RTD. It's even tough to get a visa when you have a Canadian passport if you are originally from one of their neighboring countries. If you are from one of the gulf countries, maybe you'll be granted a visa when you have a Canadian passport but with RTD, you can't apply for a visa. I recently traveled to Singapore and Thailand and things were way better than seeking entry to Pakistan which Canada won't like their refugees to ever go to.
[/QUOTE]
Did you get a visa for Thailand and Singapore?

Montreal_Guy

Jul 27, 2023
[/QUOTE]
Yes I did. Please check my posts from page 177 to 179 to know how to apply for those visas and what all I experienced traveling to and from Asia. Hope that helps.

M.Alii

Feb 19, 2023
Hi, I applied for a Singapore Visa through the Consulate General Toronto. You must send an email to torsgmfa@gmail.com with all your documents like the RTD Biodata Page, Return ticket, or a ticket showing leaving Singapore, for example: leaving for Thailand from Singapore. I booked a multi-city trip. From Montreal to Singapore and Bangkok to Montreal on the same itinerary. From Singapore to Bangkok, I booked separately with Scoot Airline. Remember, that's a disgusting airline. They said they had never seen that type of travel document and didn't recognize my RTD. I had to wait for 2.5 hours for them to enquire with the Thailand embassy if I could be allowed in Thailand with that travel document. I was the last person to board the flight and was almost missing. You have to make sure you go to any check-in counter in Asia at least 3 hours before the flight so that in case they don't recognize your travel document, they have enough time to enquire with the embassy of the country you are flying to. Also, include your Driver's License and Health Card from your province for the visa application. They do need to see at least two IDs other than the RTD if you don't have a PR. I'll still recommend not applying for a Singapore visa without a PR because they troubled me to enter the country without a PR. Thailand is the only country that didn't care about my RTD and got me entry in just 2 minutes. For a Thailand visa, go to https://www.thaievisa.go.th/

I came back on October 12th and everything was smooth on the way back. Though at Dubai Airport, they double-check your status at the boarding gate. For me, it took around 15 minutes for them to update my status on their system. I was scared but all went through smoothly after I boarded the flight. In Canada, you do have to go for the secondary inspection but that was just a formality. It was around a maximum of 5 to 7 minutes for me to get through the immigration with the waiting time in the queue. Please read my latest post for the entire experience on the way back for a smoother travel experience.

Hope that helps...

Will you please guide us.

How to apply Thiland visa on RTD without PR
What documents are required.
And total expenses.

Thank you

Montreal_Guy

Jul 27, 2023
Yes I did. Please check my posts from page 177 to 179 to know how to apply for those visas and what all I experienced traveling to and from Asia. Hope that helps.
[/QUOTE]
Hi, for Singapore visa, please send your scanned documents like RTD Photo and Biodata Page, PR Copy, return ticket or a ticket showing going to Singapore and leaving Singapore. For me, I booked a multi city trip with Emirates. Montréal to Singapore and Bangkok to Montreal on one ticket. Then a single ticket from Singapore to Bangkok which will work as a ticket that shows leaving Singapore. Also, hotel booking. That's all they need. Download the form from their website, fill it up and send that along with all the documents I mentioned to the email address mentioned in my post. They'll reply to you within 1 business day and ask to pay $29 CAD by e-transfer once they verify all the docs. You'll get a reference number through which you can check the status after 3 business day of the payment. They didn't send me any email but I had to keep checking on their website for the approval. Once approved, you can download the e-visa from their website.

For Thailand, go to the website as mentioned in my above post and follow the instructions. It took about 20 business days or almost a month for me to get the e-visa with Thailand. I forgot how much I paid but not too much though. You can find all the information on Thai e-visa website. Thanks and good luck...

inaya.i

Oct 25, 2023
Thanks Ranbowbee. You did a great job providing this very important and accurate information. I'll try to translate it to Arabic so the Arab community can benefit from it too (after your permission).

Now, I'd suggest we use this post to share our travel experience using our Travel Document. I'll be the first to share hoping others jump on board too.

I got mine last year for 2 years too. I am still not a PR. I applied for Schengen Visa and had to travel to Ottawa for the finger print to get my visa. I received the visa by mail in 2 weeks.

I traveled by air to Germany and cleared Schengen Zone with no issue. Then I traveled all around Germany using different transportation methods. I flew to Czech Republic. Rode a bus to Poland. Mini bus to Slovenia. Another bus to Hungary. Slovenia-Hungary border was the only border, they came on the bus and checked passports. Speed train from Hungary to Austria. Train from Austria to Switzerland. Train to the Netherlands. Bus to Belgium. Fly back to Canada. All went very smooth with no issue.

I might be able to try different European countries again this year. However, I am thinking of going without Schengen Visa this time to save $ but don't think the risk/reward worth it specially with all the Migration issues in Europe.

Let's hear from the others.
is it compulsory to provide references on the RTD form?? what if you dont know much people in canada what to do then :/