+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

Mano1110786

Oct 25, 2019
@Mano1110786 Forgot to mention sorry: I applied on beginning of July, they started processing my application on 28th of July. They provided me with an application number when I called them.
Thank you so much for your detailed answers. I want to ask did they deduct $120 from your account? Or you attached a receipt ? Did they tell you that how long it will take to get your RTD after your application number n details?? You know I’m very upset I’m stuck in a delima whether to apply now with PR card or wait for the urgent service to get back,,,, plz help me

Anonyref

May 3, 2020
Thank you so much for your detailed answers. I want to ask did they deduct $120 from your account? Or you attached a receipt ? Did they tell you that how long it will take to get your RTD after your application number n details?? You know I’m very upset I’m stuck in a delima whether to apply now with PR card or wait for the urgent service to get back,,,, plz help me
I attached a receipt, it's usually the fastest way as they confirm the payment and no extra steps are needed. Unfortunately they did not tell me how long it'll take or any other detail... only that I need to give them my notice of decision as the COPR was not enough.

Apply with a courier and include a letter saying you need urgent services. Also, you know how you can write in the form that you authorize them to charge your credit card? You can write the amount that includes the urgent fee. That way, if they deem that your application falls under an urgent basis application, they will charge the amount needed.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone, I want to apply for refugee travel document. I currently live in Toronto. I want to visit Pakistan (which is not my country of citizenship) to see my mother who is sick. I have asked for a letter from hospital where my mother is admitted. Is it enough to show I need urgent RTD? Also please guide me about the steps. How long will it take to get urgent RTD ?
Confirming that you are a protected person.. Would assume a lease and a bank statement or phone bill would replace a utility bill. Would bring at least a few documents with your address on them.

Reactions: Farishta Karimi

Mars18

Apr 21, 2020
Hello everyone, I applied for RTD in first week of July through regular process not emergency. Last week, I called IRCC and they told me that they have approved my application and it has been sent for printing. How long do you think it will take to be finalized and I get the RTD. Now, I really need it urgently. Anyone who has any experience, would appreciate to have your feedback. Thank you.

Armaani

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
Hello everyone, I applied for RTD in first week of July through regular process not emergency. Last week, I called IRCC and they told me that they have approved my application and it has been sent for printing. How long do you think it will take to be finalized and I get the RTD. Now, I really need it urgently. Anyone who has any experience, would appreciate to have your feedback. Thank you.
The issue with those agents on the phone is that they don’t have the exact information and sometimes out of the fear that you or the person calling is getting angry they will give you an information to keep you happy and hung up the phone! I really wish that is not the case for you and hope you receive yours soon! That is what has been happening with me all along since January 2020! They said every time I called it is on hold or it is in process and then next week they would say you ll receive it soon! I have called over 25 times and still waiting on my RTD for which I applied and paid on January 2020!

Reactions: Mars18

Mars18

Apr 21, 2020
The issue with those agents on the phone is that they don’t have the exact information and sometimes out of the fear that you or the person calling is getting angry they will give you an information to keep you happy and hung up the phone! I really wish that is not the case for you and hope you receive yours soon! That is what has been happening with me all along since January 2020! They said every time I called it is on hold or it is in process and then next week they would say you ll receive it soon! I have called over 25 times and still waiting on my RTD for which I applied and paid on January 2020!
Hope it is not the case with me. I will call and find out more about it.

Reactions: Armaani

Ratmir

Jun 9, 2017
Hi everyone,plesse respond who knows.

One of my friend need urgent to travel. But his travel document is expired. Now he is PR.
He wants to renew his RTD.
Is Ottawa office open? He wanst to drive there and give his documents to renew it?
Who recently did it. Please share your opinions.
Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Mano1110786

Mano1110786

Oct 25, 2019
Hi everyone,plesse respond who knows.

One of my friend need urgent to travel. But his travel document is expired. Now he is PR.
He wants to renew his RTD.
Is Ottawa office open? He wanst to drive there and give his documents to renew it?
Who recently did it. Please share your opinions.
Thanks in advance.
Same is the case with me.. I’m not sure about the Ottawa office as they are permitting only in person by appointments. For urgent im
Not sure

Mano1110786

Oct 25, 2019
Did you tried to call or?
I inquired lot many times about their offices if they are working or not??? So they said they are working with a limited staff and for a passport it’s the normal process which they can’t guarantee about the time limit.