+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

NewinKit

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
Hey everyone! I was wondering if a refugee with an RTD and No PR yet can travel outside Canada (and come back) with all the travel restrictions here in Canada now?

If anyone has travelled recently and can share their experiences that would be great!

Reactions: Mrs vicky

kelepirci

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Hey everyone! I was wondering if a refugee with an RTD and No PR yet can travel outside Canada (and come back) with all the travel restrictions here in Canada now?

If anyone has travelled recently and can share their experiences that would be great!
Travel restrictions does not apply to protected persons or convention refugees. You can travel freely. If you do not have valid RTD then that is hole new story. Because passport canada is not accepting RTD application unless you have urgent reasons and evidence to prove.

Reactions: NewinKit

NewinKit

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
Travel restrictions does not apply to protected persons or convention refugees. You can travel freely. If you do not have valid RTD then that is hole new story. Because passport canada is not accepting RTD application unless you have urgent reasons and evidence to prove.
I do have a valid RTD, but the news I have been hearing was that only Canadian citizens and permanent residents can travel and be allowed entry, and so I was concerned as my PR is still under process but need to travel urgently :( do you think i would face any issues

lucas101

Aug 22, 2018
ORD
I do have a valid RTD, but the news I have been hearing was that only Canadian citizens and permanent residents can travel and be allowed entry, and so I was concerned as my PR is still under process but need to travel urgently :( do you think I would face any issues
I have called IRCC about this and the lady told me I should have no problem coming back to Canada
as they do not have a case of protected persons rejected at the airport. She told me if I am still in Doubt I should travel with my Notice of Decision( Which everyone should know by now you have to hold with you), My valid work permit, and my brown paper. Moreso, on this thread, if u search diligently someone traveled and came back here safely with an RTD.
Best of luck.

Farishta Karimi

Sep 21, 2020
When you application is ready with all the supporting document, take them to DHL, UPS or FedEx and send it to following address:
Passport office (Certificate of Identity Section)
Place du Centre, Commercial Level 2
200 Promenade du Portage
Gatineau, QC J8X 4B7
Canada

If you plan to use Canada Post send it to following address:
OSC PPT-COI
PO BOX 8783 STN T CSC
OTTAWA ON K1G 5G8
Ask Canada Post employee to send it express and with tracking number.

After the currier company or Canada Post took your package they will give you the tracking number.

Fax the paper that has the tracking number on it.

Basically they are asking for package tracking number.
Thanks, I mailed all the documents today through Canada Post, and faxed the tracking number with my details. I hope my RTD is approved. I also sent Two original ID in the mail. I hope I receive my RTD soon and that my IDs are not lost. Also, I didn't read anywhere about sending a prepaid return envelope, so I sent one way express post. How are they gonna send me back my documents? I hope it's not too late for this.

Reactions: Mano1110786

Mrs vicky

Sep 1, 2020

I have travelled with RTD and no PR

Mano1110786

Oct 25, 2019
Thanks, I mailed all the documents today through Canada Post, and faxed the tracking number with my details. I hope my RTD is approved. I also sent Two original ID in the mail. I hope I receive my RTD soon and that my IDs are not lost. Also, I didn't read anywhere about sending a prepaid return envelope, so I sent one way express post. How are they gonna send me back my documents? I hope it's not too late for this.
That’s what I did it yesterday.

Mano1110786

Oct 25, 2019
I mailed my documents with RTD and PR card on 30 October. I hope we get our RTD soon Inshallah