+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have a one question, I got my RTD few months back for two years and PR is still processing and will probably take an other year, I want to travel to Saudi Arabia to meet my family but is it safe to travel with RTD only, will it cause some sort of problems for my PR application I dont want to create any issues for my PR application and I am so confused should I travel or not.
Don’t believe you can go to SA on an RTD unless you are doing the Hajj.

nassb

Feb 5, 2019
Hello Everyone

I have RTD that expired Jun 2020 , i have plan to apply for US and UK Long term Visa , how i can renew My RTD while is not expired? I am PR now
You can apply to renew the RTD when it has less than 12 months of validity.

NewinKit

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
How easy is it to get a Turkish visa with RTD and no PR? I work Full time and have an invitation, is there a good chance? If anyone can share their experiences that would really be appreciated..

SAMER MAHER

Jan 8, 2017
Hi Folks,
Im convention refugee applying for an RTD, can you please help me with below questions:
1- Notice of Decision as a proof immigration status:
What should I put as the issuing and expiring dates?

2- Explanation of your reasons for not applying for a passport from the country of origin?

3- Documents to support identity:
Can I use the Refugee Protection Claimant Document (RPCD) for this purpose? If yes, what is the document number? is it the UCI?

Your help is really appreciated.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Folks,
Im convention refugee applying for an RTD, can you please help me with below questions:

2- Explanation of your reasons for not applying for a passport from the country of origin?

Can I use the Refugee Protection Claimant Document (RPCD) for this purpose? If yes, what is the document number? is it the UCI?

1. Date printed on NOD letter. No expiry date
2. You are a protected person

3. Not really ID so my suggestion would be Driver’s license, Health card if you have one and Copy of previous passport.

NewinKit

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
Hi Folks,

Hello, I just applied recently and got it. I did the following:

1- only put issuing date and leave expiry date blank

2- I wrote: Not willing to apply as I submitted my refugee claim against *name your country of origin*

3- I actually think it's best to use your refugee claimant ID, along with driver's license. I was told they compare details on your decision letter to your refugee claimant ID.
The UCI number is the correct document number.

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
Hello, I just applied recently and got it. I did the following:

1- only put issuing date and leave expiry date blank

2- I wrote: Not willing to apply as I submitted my refugee claim against *name your country of origin*

3- I actually think it's best to use your refugee claimant ID, along with driver's license. I was told they compare details on your decision letter to your refugee claimant ID.
The UCI number is the correct document number.

for mine i left all issue date and expiry date blank. They only ask for decsion letter and your drivers license. no other documents they need. because they check your NOD from there system same time. careful about picture as i have seen a girl she was rejected when she came on day of pickup because she was told you were smiling in the picture so we were unable to proceed your RTD.

Paladinrules

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Dear Friends,
I am a protected person and my PR in process. I want to know your experience travelling with RTD to Malaysia. i have spoken to Malaysian embassy and visa process is quite easy. But my question is when returning back to Canada is there any problem without PR card. Can i board in aircraft from Malaysia airport. Please share your experience. Thanks in advance

Jan 10, 2020
Hi thanks for the info guys..

I just want to ask, i have my RTD. I know i can go germany without visa. What happens if i go germany then i go netherland without any visa?