+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone, I have RTD end of December I’ll go Germany, I just want to learn, when I arrive Germany, Can I apply Schengen visa for Holland to short stay ?? Not from here from Germany ??

I called everywhere but I didn’t learn, Can somebody help me ?
You should try to apply before.

FRM

Nov 4, 2019
You will have to check with the Swiss Embassy. various German airports are much more common transit points and accept RTDs. It is a RTD not TRD.
Thanks for the reply.

I want to travel to India via Frankfurt, and found this :
https://visaguide.world/europe/germany-visa/airport-transit-visa/

I don't have a valid Canadian Visa and only have the refugee travel document not PR.

have you had any experience regarding this? do you think I need to have transit visa?

Mano1110786

Oct 25, 2019
Hi ,

i
Have. A question that I’m applying for Turkish Visa but I do not have any invitation letter as I’m
Going for vacations. Can anyone please help
Me with at what option I need to select

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Hi ,

i
Have. A question that I’m applying for Turkish Visa but I do not have any invitation letter as I’m
Going for vacations. Can anyone please help
Me with at what option I need to select
Never had the experience but heard if you get a hotel and stuff that should work. hope someone has more info and experience with same situation.

Reactions: Mano1110786

Tasneem89

Oct 25, 2019
Hello everyone,

I'm a protected person here in Canada, and I have applied for a Refugee Travel Document. I would like to go to Egypt (Not my home country) does anyone have any info to share?

- How long does it take the visa to be issued?
- Where do I apply?
- How much does it cost?
- What documents are required?​

Thank you in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone,

I'm a protected person here in Canada, and I have applied for a Refugee Travel Document. I would like to go to Egypt (Not my home country) does anyone have any info to share?

- Where do I apply?
- How much does it cost?

Thank you in advance.
Have you checked to see if Egypt accepts RTD? Do they require a visa? I would contact the embassy.

Mano1110786

Oct 25, 2019
Hello everyone,

- Where do I apply?
- How much does it cost?

Thank you in advance.
Hi you need to
Contact the Egypt embassy

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Hello everyone,

- Where do I apply?
- How much does it cost?

Thank you in advance.

Visa for Canadian Travel Document Holders

Send by mail a copy of your travel document, a copy of your status in Canada and the application form.
It is mandatory to have a least 6 months validity from the date of travel

Please Note: The delivery of the visa will be between 60 days before travel date to 1 week before travel date. The Consulate is not held responsible for any delays occuring if incomplete information or documents. The Consulate is not responsible for any loss, damaged or delayed mail

For other nationalities, kindly contact the consulate at visa@egyptianconsulate.ca prior to sending the requirements

By Mail

• Kindly send original passport with the application form, a passport size photo and a prepaid envelop for return, Payment should be by money order or certified check to the order of EGYPTIAN CONSULATE IN MONTREAL
    please note that the Processing time is 3 to 5 business day
Good Luck!!!

Talab111

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Hello everyone,

- Where do I apply?
- How much does it cost?

Thank you in advance.
In July 2019 I applied for egyptian visa and got the reply on end of September with refusal. I did submitted my application by mail to Montreal consulate. My advice don't waste your time and money. Try another country.

Good luck

Reactions: RefugeeHelp1

NewinKit

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
Could anyone share their experience with Turkish visa applications for those with RTD and no PR? Like how much time it took to be issued, and other details?

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
Guys I checked with Italy consulate in Toronto about travel to Italy. They confirmed with a valid RTD we don’t need a visa to visit Italy with or without PR. Just need to take a letter from consulate of Italy before ur travel so they don’t give you any trouble in Italy. Secondly to get a letter you need to email the consulate for appointment and they issue you a letter. I might go and get one this week