+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

Refugeefamilyy

Jul 2, 2019
Hi good Evening for everybody , I applied for Refugee Travel Document on Nov 12th ( Day that was received my application) , but until now I haven’t received any response , it’s been 24 business days , they say that it takes 20 business days , my questions are:
1 ) does it use to take more than 20 business days?
2) should I call or just wait longer ?

Any recommendations?

Thanks

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
hey it doesnt hurt to call and ask. Have your UCI number ready and give them a call and say you would like to know the status of your application. Sometimes it does help to call.
I tried calling them. But Firstly the passport Canada number is central not the Gatineau office they said we don’t have any records of travel documents just passport we can check. So technically no direct number of the concerned office who process RTD. If someone researched any number please share it here.

imadeddin

Jul 5, 2016
Hi Guys!

A quick question:

My friend is a protected refugee and I am helping him fill out an RTD form.

When choosing (Notice of decision issued by the immigration and refugee board) for proof of immigration status in Canada, the application then asks for:

Immigration status document No. ???
Date of issue ???
Date of expiry ???

Where can I find this kind of information??? The notice of Decision does not have this sort of information.

Any help, please?

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
Hi Guys!

A quick question:

My friend is a protected refugee and I am helping him fill out an RTD form.

When choosing (Notice of decision issued by the immigration and refugee board) for proof of immigration status in Canada, the application then asks for:

Immigration status document No. ???
Date of issue ???
Date of expiry ???

Where can I find this kind of information??? The notice of Decision does not have this sort of information.

Any help, please?
Just leave it blank the information which u don’t need

rowanlan

Jul 31, 2018
Hello Everyone

I have RTD that expired Jun 2020 , i have plan to apply for US and UK Long term Visa , how i can renew My RTD while is not expired? I am PR now

imadeddin

Jul 5, 2016
Should we send RTD by express mail? Should we put another enveople to be sent back to my address? Please share your experience with me?

Thanks

NewinKit

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
I tried calling them. But Firstly the passport Canada number is central not the Gatineau office they said we don’t have any records of travel documents just passport we can check. So technically no direct number of the concerned office who process RTD. If someone researched any number please share it here.
1-888-242-2100 this is the number to enquire about your RTD status :)

Refugeefamilyy

Jul 2, 2019
Should we send RTD by express mail? Should we put another enveople to be sent back to my address? Please share your experience with me?

Thanks
I did it like that by ups by anyway t
hey it doesnt hurt to call and ask. Have your UCI number ready and give them a call and say you would like to know the status of your application. Sometimes it does help to call.
thank you so much , I called and they said they just sent the documents , I just got my and my wife’s but they didn’t send my son’s I don’t know why , they didn’t send even his refugee document , I’m waiting to call on Monday to see what’s going on

Refugeefamilyy

Jul 2, 2019
Does somebody know if it’s usual they could forget send my son’ document? He has totally same status than my wife and me and they sent our documents but not my son’s, anyway I’ll call on Monday but I’m just wondering

ahmad0707

Star Member
Apr 21, 2019
I have a one question, I got my RTD few months back for two years and PR is still processing and will probably take an other year, I want to travel to Saudi Arabia to meet my family but is it safe to travel with RTD only, will it cause some sort of problems for my PR application I dont want to create any issues for my PR application and I am so confused should I travel or not.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Does somebody know if it’s usual they could forget send my son’ document? He has totally same status than my wife and me and they sent our documents but not my son’s, anyway I’ll call on Monday but I’m just wondering
Everyone is processed individually. There could be a delay in receiving every family members application,