+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee program for Ukraine

eraangel

Jun 13, 2022
I have a Canadian visitor visa and I haven't applyed under CUAET because I was instructed by IRCC representative that I must do it only when in Canada. I am not in Canada yet, as I am waiting when my wife gets this visa to come to Canada together. But her application hasn't even started to be reviewed for more then 3 month now.
Could you tell me, will it help to speed up her application if I come to Canada without her and apply for a work permit under CUAET? Or will she be ignored anyway?

eraangel

Jun 13, 2022
Is anyone here who has been waiting for their application to only start to be considered for more then 3 month now?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have a Canadian visitor visa and I haven't applyed under CUAET because I was instructed by IRCC representative that I must do it only when in Canada. I am not in Canada yet, as I am waiting when my wife gets this visa to come to Canada together. But her application hasn't even started to be reviewed for more then 3 month now.
Could you tell me, will it help to speed up her application if I come to Canada without her and apply for a work permit under CUAET? Or will she be ignored anyway?
Coming to Canada won’t speed up the application. Not sure why you were instructed to wait until you got to Canada. Perhaps the IRCC wasn’t aware that your spouse had applied and you’d need to wait for approval anyways. You should start your application because you can’t work or qualify for any of the gvt programs available to Ukrainians on a normal TRV. If you are waiting you might as well start applying for CUAET. There is a huge demand for the program and I general visa backlogs. The fact that you have status to remain in Argentina likely is also slowing down the application. Canada can only absorb so many Ukrainians so there may priority given to Ukrainians who have no other options.

karandash

Sep 11, 2021
Hello everyone. My mom, 53, who is a Ukrainian citizen, applied for her visa on April 7th. I am a Canadian PR. We applied with the help of an immigration firm (they are trusted). My mom gave her biometrics in Poland on April 19, and since then we did not hear anything at all. We have called IRCC multiple times, and every time they say that it is in progress, everything is fine with the application (like the officer did not mark anything), and to just wait. We have also submitted a few web forms, and again, all we got is a standard response, which is "wait, it has been already flagged for priority processing". It's been almost 12 weeks since her biometrics date. Eligibility and background check are not started. We were not asked to submit anything. With the application, we provided some documents, which were not even necessary (like my birth certificate to prove she is my mother). Seems like nothing is happening with her application at all. We are very confused and frankly disappointed. Do you think there is nothing else we could do, but just keep waiting?:/

Reactions: MarsiaMS

MarsiaMS

Jul 5, 2016
Northern British Columbia
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
15-03-2017
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
28-02-2018
Med's Done....
upfront
Hello everyone. My mom, 53, who is a Ukrainian citizen, applied for her visa on April 7th. I am a Canadian PR. We applied with the help of an immigration firm (they are trusted). My mom gave her biometrics in Poland on April 19, and since then we did not hear anything at all. We have called IRCC multiple times, and every time they say that it is in progress, everything is fine with the application (like the officer did not mark anything), and to just wait. We have also submitted a few web forms, and again, all we got is a standard response, which is "wait, it has been already flagged for priority processing". It's been almost 12 weeks since her biometrics date. Eligibility and background check are not started. We were not asked to submit anything. With the application, we provided some documents, which were not even necessary (like my birth certificate to prove she is my mother). Seems like nothing is happening with her application at all. We are very confused and frankly disappointed. Do you think there is nothing else we could do, but just keep waiting?:/
I hear you, my mom has been waiting for almost 2 months now for her visa. I am not sure what to do. I guess going to the local MP is an option, but I haven't tried it yet and I'm not sure it will help.

Reactions: karandash

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Unfortunately the system is very overwhelmed. A few hundred thousand Ukrainians applied and there was a huge backlog for every other type of immigration application.

ktrntkchnk

Jul 15, 2022
Guys, I want to book an appointment for VFS Lviv ( on their web side they said ther are re-open on July 13th) but it always tells me "no slots are currently available for 1 person". I've asked people on Facebook some of them said they already booked appointment other one said they have the same situation as i have. If you know something just let me know
Thank u!

eraangel

Jun 13, 2022
Hi! How are you? How is your case now? Any changes?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Have you tried contacting press or members of parliment?
They can’t magically get a spot. There are thousands waiting for a close family member to get an appointment so this isn’t an unusual situation. The best suggestion is to apply to the various VFS offices across Europe and travel to the earliest appointment. If your mother has mobility issues it’s not an option but if she doesn’t that may be your best option.

MarsiaMS

Jul 5, 2016
Northern British Columbia
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
15-03-2017
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
28-02-2018
Med's Done....
upfront
Applied for my mom's CUAET visa on May 24, and it was approved on July 26. She's in process of getting her visa stamped into her passport now.

Reactions: scylla