28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone i have some questions hope someone can help me
We are a family of 04 Ukrainians (02 childrens of 05 years and 02 parents) in Lima - Peru, we came on vacation in january and after the war we could not return to Ukraine, in april we found out about the CUAET, and we applied, 1 month later they gave us the TRV (visa stamped on passport), we have seen that some people from the community here, who also applied, they have the POE letter for work permit, however we have not received that letter, and we have already bought the plane tickets, I am also investigating and I understand that a medical exam for all of us is needed to go to Canada, does anyone know what kind of medical exam is needed? what should be in this medical exam, blood test? Xray? you should then translated into English at the time of presentation to the CBSA officers? In the same way, without the POE or LOI, do they give me a work permit at the port of entry? I have sent an email to Immigration in Lima but I have not received an answer. We are fully vaccinated (02 doses each one, except for my child because of their age) Thank you very much and god bless you!!
Medical is not needed until after you get to Canada.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2022/03/canada-ukraine-authorization-for-emergency-travel.html

• are exempt from completing an immigration medical exam (IME) overseas, if applicable, but may be required to complete and pay for a medical diagnostic test within 90 days of arrival in Canada to screen for reportable communicable diseases (chest x-ray or suitable alternative and blood test)

Reactions: Rododark

Rododark

Jun 15, 2022
Medical is not needed until after you get to Canada.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2022/03/canada-ukraine-authorization-for-emergency-travel.html

• are exempt from completing an immigration medical exam (IME) overseas, if applicable, but may be required to complete and pay for a medical diagnostic test within 90 days of arrival in Canada to screen for reportable communicable diseases (chest x-ray or suitable alternative and blood test)
Thank you Scylla for take time and answer me, so i guess i should do it in canada, and do you know about the POE letter for work permit, one of our friend show as a letter of introduction saying that she has work permit approved, but we have not received this letter on our family application GIC key, i haved read here that without this letter maybe they can refused me entry at airport, but others says that you only need your TRV (visa) and show this to a CBSA officer because they can access my background im confused.
Sorry for my bad english
Thank you again, the best to you!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you Scylla for take time and answer me, so i guess i should do it in canada, and do you know about the POE letter for work permit, one of our friend show as a letter of introduction saying that she has work permit approved, but we have not received this letter on our family application GIC key, i haved read here that without this letter maybe they can refused me entry at airport, but others says that you only need your TRV (visa) and show this to a CBSA officer because they can access my background im confused.
Sorry for my bad english
Thank you again, the best to you!!
I can't answer the rest of your questions. I would recommend you post them here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/3148765652075065

Reactions: Rododark

tinpham

Jun 16, 2022
Hi everyone, I applied for CUAET visa for Ukrainians at the same time with open work permit. My application is approved on May 26, 2022. I got my passport with visitors visa but did not received letter of introduction for work permit. My question is: will I get an open work permit at the point of entry at the airport? Because I didn't receive Letter of introduction to get work permit. My other Ukrainian friends got the letter except me. So I need to apply for open work permit separately?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone, I applied for CUAET visa for Ukrainians at the same time with open work permit. My application is approved on May 26, 2022. I got my passport with visitors visa but did not received letter of introduction for work permit. My question is: will I get an open work permit at the point of entry at the airport? Because I didn't receive Letter of introduction to get work permit. My other Ukrainian friends got the letter except me. So I need to apply for open work permit separately?
Try the facebook group I posted above: https://www.facebook.com/groups/3148765652075065

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Guys one question, in my case my family (all members are ukranians, except for me im from Peru) in this oportunitty they give us a TRV until my passport expires 2024, my wife had until 2028, i dont know if i can apply again to a visa after this time expire, also after she recieve from the embassy the LOI for work permit under the CUAET program, but i didnt recieve this letter so i asked the Visa section in Lima for the LOI and they told me to do a Medical exam for review my application and give a final decision. I have read that this program gives you work permit inmediatly to family members of Ukranian Residents, even i have my visa stamped. Maybe if someone has a similar issue or give advise. thing is its very strange that if we dont ask to the embassy or know about this situation we dont know what we can expect at the airport and if we couldnt get the work permit or study its complicated for find work.
If you don’t get the work permit you can’t work it’s not more complicated. Would warn you that it’s unclear what the pathway to a more permanent situation in Canada will be forUkrainians and whether the fact that your family could move to
Peru may factor into the equation. You have a unique situation. It’s unclear whether the fact that you seem to be in Peru as a Peruvian citizen will lead to approval program under CUAET. The program is really meant to provide a safe place for Ukrainians who have no safe place to go. It sounds like you have travelled to Peru and are safe in Peru as a Peruvian citizen so the need for safety has been addressed. Canada can’t absorb an unlimited amount of people so it’s unclear whether those who have relocated to a country where they have status will be considered differently. As already indicated you need to do a medical and Canada will make a decision about your application.

ma8luy

Jun 30, 2022
Hello everyone. I’m looking for some sort of advise from people who knows the deal.
I’m Ukrainian but last almost 7 years I lived in USA under case pending for political asylum. Since almost 7 years I was finally able to receive my asylum interview with USA immigration and was denied in this status. Im looking for possibilities me getting CUAET for Canada. My question is if I’m able to apply for this program since I was in USA and etc. I’ll appreciate any answers. Thank you in advance

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone. I’m looking for some sort of advise from people who knows the deal.
I’m Ukrainian but last almost 7 years I lived in USA under case pending for political asylum. Since almost 7 years I was finally able to receive my asylum interview with USA immigration and was denied in this status. Im looking for possibilities me getting CUAET for Canada. My question is if I’m able to apply for this program since I was in USA and etc. I’ll appreciate any answers. Thank you in advance
You’ll need to apply and see. Your illegal status in the US may be an issue. Can you not apply to the current US program for Ukrainians in the US?