+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee program for Ukraine

JacekN

Mar 7, 2022
I find that extremely HARD to believe, do you have a source for this?
Oh, my gosh. You seem to be interested in the subject and haven't tried search engine? I don't expect you to understand Polish but you can find English articles, as well.

https://cruxnow.com/church-in-europe/2022/03/a-million-refugees-no-refugee-camps-poles-open-their-homes-to-ukrainians

I mentioned in my first post that I had met a girl with a brother on a walk. I asked to give my number to their mother. No phone call. I guess they're happy in the hotel. I also received a phone call from real estate agent asking if the house is still for sale. She said all hotels are filled up. I haven't called around but I think that makes a lot of sense. It's an attractive tourist area here but he season is dead. Why wouldn't they step in?

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Oh, my gosh. You seem to be interested in the subject and haven't tried search engine? I don't expect you to understand Polish but you can find English articles, as well.

https://cruxnow.com/church-in-europe/2022/03/a-million-refugees-no-refugee-camps-poles-open-their-homes-to-ukrainians

I mentioned in my first post that I had met a girl with a brother on a walk. I asked to give my number to their mother. No phone call. I guess they're happy in the hotel. I also received a phone call from real estate agent asking if the house is still for sale. She said all hotels are filled up. I haven't called around but I think that makes a lot of sense. It's an attractive tourist area here but he season is dead. Why wouldn't they step in?
There are hundreds of thousands of refugees, and these hotels have but a few dozens spaces each...Those who got a hotel room are the very lucky few.
Please offer your home free of charge my friend, do not make the refugees do drywall, flooring, plumbing, electrical work, etc.

JacekN

Mar 7, 2022
What a terrible thing to do - to try to exploit refugees to renovate your house in exchange for shelter LOL shame on you.
You're not making any sense whatsoever. I have shown you how mistaken you are about the situation, here. Instead of accepting that you have been misled, you resort to some silly attack. I have not asked any refugee for anything. I offered to stay here longer to help out, even though that means I'm going to lose my salary which amounts to much more than this house is worth on the market. Reaching out for help to offer even more help is a normal and proper thing to do. You don't want to help that way - that's fine. But trying to insult me and my family home just means you're very immature. As days pass, I see that my help may actually not be needed. This is a good thing. But I'll give it a few more days. Some mature folk may actually see a pretty good opportunity with this house for maybe even two families. Now, I need to move on to more productive things.

• Haha
Reactions: Phalos
Jun 7, 2020
Hi All, I have applied for open-work permits for both of my Ukrainian parents that i just brought over to Canada, and i am wondering if they really need to undergo a medical exam? Neither of them is planning to work in the industries that trigger a medical test, but planning to stay over 6months.

It is just weird that both applications were approved the day after the invite for a medical exam - I've already experienced other bugs during a visa application process therefore not sure if we should do the medical or not. One more contributor to my confusion is the fact that all the fees associated with the application were waived, but with a medical we are looking to pay 240$ x2 which is a huge amount of money for people that just fled their home and left an enormous amount of property/business behind.

Thanks in advance

Jun 7, 2020
Hi All, I have applied for open-work permits for both of my Ukrainian parents that i just brought over to Canada, and i am wondering if they really need to undergo a medical exam? Neither of them is planning to work in the industries that trigger a medical test, but planning to stay over 6months.

It is just weird that both applications were approved the day after the invite for a medical exam - I've already experienced other bugs during a visa application process therefore not sure if we should do the medical or not. One more contributor to my confusion is the fact that all the fees associated with the application were waived, but with a medical we are looking to pay 240$ x2 which is a huge amount of money for people that just fled their home and left an enormous amount of property/business behind.

Thanks in advance
UPD: For anyone in the same situation - i have just called the helpline for ukrainians set up by IRCC and they confirmed that the medical is needed for these open work permit applications, however the actual work permits are being approved and sent out before the medicals are done.
With that being said it is important to undergo the medical within the 30 days, and unfortunately the fees associated with it are not waived for ukrainians, so be ready to pay for it. I was also told that different clinics have different rates, so be sure to compare a few clinics in your area for the best price - in this situation every dollar counts.

Reactions: scylla

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Medical for the refused sponsorship....medical for work permit, medical for next sponsorship application - FU Ircc! is all I can say to that.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Medical for the refused sponsorship....medical for work permit, medical for next sponsorship application - FU Ircc! is all I can say to that.
Medicals are important. Canada wants to prevent things like communicable diseases from entering Canada. Canada also needs to ensure that people are not moving to Canada because they need expensive healthcare although refugees are subject to excessive medical demand limit.

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Medicals are important. Canada wants to prevent things like communicable diseases from entering Canada. Canada also needs to ensure that people are not moving to Canada because they need expensive healthcare although refugees are subject to excessive medical demand limit.
[/QUOTE
should be $50 in a 3rd world country - not $240 that's price gouging $240 is half a month's salary in these countries.

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
That has nothing to do with IRCC. The doctors set their prices.
because ircc authorizes these doctors, its a monopoly. ya cant just go to your own doctor that charges a fraction. Its IOM (International Organization for Migration).

mehdikiev

Apr 18, 2022
Hi,every one , I applied for immigration (Ukrainian program) on 20 of march , but still no answer ! do you know how much take time to get answer from embassy of Canada ?I mean I want to know my application has approved or not?thanks for your reply

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,every one , I applied for immigration (Ukrainian program) on 20 of march , but still no answer ! do you know how much take time to get answer from embassy of Canada ?I mean I want to know my application has approved or not?thanks for your reply
Through which visa office / where are you located right now? There is a high volume of applications right now unfortunately. If you give us the visa office, it's possible someone might be able to tell you rough timelines.

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
because ircc authorizes these doctors, its a monopoly. ya cant just go to your own doctor that charges a fraction. Its IOM (International Organization for Migration).
IRCC doesn't do this for profitability, IRCC does it because these are trusted doctors who have gone through extremely strict compliance and ethical regimes to ensure that test results aren't doctored so that people who pose a public health risk aren't brought to Canada. The doctors set their prices in line with the cost of services in that country and the cost of compliance required to be transmitted to the IRCC (remember that medicals for migration aren't usually an insured service).

Think through some of your own statements very carefully - I'm honestly not sure what you're even trying to get at but it sounds beyond delusional. What in the world do you think would happen if IRCC said: "YEAH NO PROBLEM MAN! GET TEST RESULTS FROM ANY DOC YOU WANT!"

People would be bribing doctors to provide fraudulent meds which would then mean you get immigrants who pose tremendous public health risks and create an unfair demand on social/health services and that's not something most taxpayers want.

Reactions: canuck78

mehdikiev

Apr 18, 2022
I applied from turkey ,I had already biometric , just applied , when I check my status of application shows its on process