+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RECONSIDERATION LETTER REQUEST TO IRCC

Peter063

Nov 6, 2023
Since the day it was offered there is no change in the application they have still not reopened the file. Any experience when do they reopen it or it's just a simple wait and see situation. In my case both Settlement letter issued and Reconsideration also accepted.:mad:
I also haven’t gotten a feedback after sending them my reconsideration request which they actually acknowledge..

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Since the day it was offered there is no change in the application they have still not reopened the file. Any experience when do they reopen it or it's just a simple wait and see situation. In my case both Settlement letter issued and Reconsideration also accepted.:mad:
Expect at least a month to reopen.

Cmf786

Nov 22, 2023
My wife stays in Canada on a study permit VISA applied for Canadian Spousal Open Work permit for me and a student permit for my daughter in January 2023. Our visa application has been refused on 24/04/2023 on the following grounds.
  1. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 200(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-200.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
  2. The compensation (monetary or other) indicated in your job offer and your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
  3. You have significant family ties in Canada.• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
We immediately submitted our reconsideration letter on 30/04/2023 to IRCC Abu Dhabi and we received an email from IRCC Abu Dhabi on 12/05/2023 stating that our application has been forwarded to a Migration Officer for review and the request will be reviewed within 30 days from the date email received. Anyone can assist with what could be the approximate time that will be taken by IRCC for the final decision?
How can u apply kindly share link

abdul2009

Nov 23, 2023
My wife stays in Canada on a study permit VISA applied for Canadian Spousal Open Work permit for me and a student permit for my daughter in January 2023. Our visa application has been refused on 24/04/2023 on the following grounds.
  1. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 200(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-200.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
  2. The compensation (monetary or other) indicated in your job offer and your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
  3. You have significant family ties in Canada.• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
We immediately submitted our reconsideration letter on 30/04/2023 to IRCC Abu Dhabi and we received an email from IRCC Abu Dhabi on 12/05/2023 stating that our application has been forwarded to a Migration Officer for review and the request will be reviewed within 30 days from the date email received. Anyone can assist with what could be the approximate time that will be taken by IRCC for the final decision?
Hi sir ,i am also refused with strong case ,how i can reconsideration can u help in this regard thank you

Maytoss

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Waiting
NOC Code......
Not yet decided
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
NA
This is not true. IELTS is not mandatory. However, depending on your country of origin, it can help to include IELTS results.
@Naturgrl @scylla

Hi,
As I am always thankful to you for your insites ,information and suggestions for the queries.

I have got my GCMS report and they mentioned the below reason for the refusal.

"NOC 21232

A bachelor's degree in computer science or in another discipline with a significant programming component or Completion of a college program in computer science is usually required. / Specialization in programming for engineering and scientific applications requires specific post- secondary study or experience.

The applicant has done MBA and has not provided evidence of a bachelor's degree in computer science or in another discipline with a significant programming component or completion of a college program in computer science. As such, he does not meet the LMIA requirements for the proposed occupation. Given his education background, I am not satisfied that he will be able to adequately perform the proposed work.

Weighing the factors in this application. I am not satisfied that the applicant will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay.

For the reason above, I have refused this application."

But i have more than 10 years of experiance in this field as per the LMIA requirement either I need to Computer education or Experiance.

and Can I upload old IELTS score card that is more than 2 years old (with band 6 in all modules) to reapply the application? since the visa officer concern about leaving back to home country?

for the below reason I would like to submit my old IELTS score as they have concern to leave the canada after my WP expiry.

"Official Language: English
Can Communicate in English: Yes
Can Communicate in French: No
Official Language Proficiency Test: No

Please advise as I am completely depressed and in dilemma, whether i need to sit for IELTS and should I resubmit my application.

I have a diploma from private institution but not sure whether I can submit that or not as supporting document for the position.

If I apply alone without my family memebers will give any positive signal for approval please advise this also.

Your inputs really boost my confidence and appreciates .

With regards

Last edited:

Maytoss

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Waiting
NOC Code......
Not yet decided
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
NA
@Naturgrl @scylla

Hi,
As I am always thankful to you for your insites ,information and suggestions for the queries.

I have got my GCMS report and they mentioned the below reason for the refusal.

"NOC 21232

A bachelor's degree in computer science or in another discipline with a significant programming component or Completion of a college program in computer science is usually required. / Specialization in programming for engineering and scientific applications requires specific post- secondary study or experience.

The applicant has done MBA and has not provided evidence of a bachelor's degree in computer science or in another discipline with a significant programming component or completion of a college program in computer science. As such, he does not meet the LMIA requirements for the proposed occupation. Given his education background, I am not satisfied that he will be able to adequately perform the proposed work.

Weighing the factors in this application. I am not satisfied that the applicant will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay.

For the reason above, I have refused this application."

But i have more than 10 years of experiance in this field as per the LMIA requirement either I need to Computer education or Experiance.

and Can I upload old IELTS score card that is more than 2 years old (with band 6 in all modules) to reapply the application? since the visa officer concern about leaving back to home country?

for the below reason I would like to submit my old IELTS score as they have concern to leave the canada after my WP expiry.

"Official Language: English
Can Communicate in English: Yes
Can Communicate in French: No
Official Language Proficiency Test: No

Please advise as I am completely depressed and in dilemma, whether i need to sit for IELTS and should I resubmit my application.

I have a diploma from private institution but not sure whether I can submit that or not as supporting document for the position.

If I apply alone without my family memebers will give any positive signal for approval please advise this also.

Your inputs really boost my confidence and appreciates .

With regards
Hi,
Please can someone reply to my query?
With thanks and regards

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,
Please can someone reply to my query?
With thanks and regards
IRCC doesn’t believe you have the education to do the job. The whole point of a LMIA is that the employer cannot find anyone in Canada with the experience or education to do the job. Unfortunately, ou don’t meet the educational requirements of the NOC. Not sure what you mean by LMIA required, but the statement below is the requirement for the NOC. You have a MBA, not computer science. If you have a diploma in the field you need ECA to Canadian equivalency of a diploma.

• Employment requirements
    • A bachelor's degree in computer science or software engineering or in another discipline with a significant programming component or completion of a college program in computer science or related field is usually required.
    • Experience as a computer programmer is usually required.
This has nothing to do with IELTS or family.

Last edited:

Maytoss

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Waiting
NOC Code......
Not yet decided
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
NA
@Naturgrl
IRCC doesn’t believe you have the education to do the job. The whole point of a LMIA is that the employer cannot find anyone in Canada with the experience or education to do the job. Unfortunately, ou don’t meet the educational requirements of the NOC. Not sure what you mean by LMIA required, but the statement below is the requirement for the NOC. You have a MBA, not computer science. If you have a diploma in the field you need ECA to Canadian equivalency of a diploma.

• Employment requirements
    • A bachelor's degree in computer science or software engineering or in another discipline with a significant programming component or completion of a college program in computer science or related field is usually required.
    • Experience as a computer programmer is usually required.
This has nothing to do with IELTS or family.
Thanks for the reply and apreciate for that.
With same qualification (less experience compare to me) with same NOC in Jan 2023 got approved and landed in Canada.
He does not have any computer education.
Please advise.Shall i re-submit the application?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
@Naturgrl

Thanks for the reply and apreciate for that.
With same qualification (less experience compare to me) with same NOC in Jan 2023 got approved and landed in Canada.
He does not have any computer education.
Please advise.Shall i re-submit the application?
What does another person have to do with your application? If you want to resubmit go ahead but GCMS notes say you don’t have the correct education so not sure how you are addressing it. You cannot say someone else got approved.

Reactions: Maytoss

faisalarshad

Oct 11, 2023
My redetermination request was accepted and IRCC opened the file from Closed to in-process on 22nd Nov they asked to submit any supporting documents after that they are quite and no Ghost update is done nor they have acknowledged the submission. Any one know what is the past timelines in such cases?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My redetermination request was accepted and IRCC opened the file from Closed to in-process on 22nd Nov they asked to submit any supporting documents after that they are quite and no Ghost update is done nor they have acknowledged the submission. Any one know what is the past timelines in such cases?
There are no timelines.

Maytoss

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Waiting
NOC Code......
Not yet decided
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
NA
@Naturgrl @scylla

Hi

continuetion to above,
I am planning to resubmit the application with IELTS score and recently I have written IELTS got the below score.

L-6.0,Reading 5.5,Writing-6.5 & speaking 7.0

I want to try for PNP if I get any PNP will express entry is accept this score {reading 5.5)? with valid LMIA but I am not in Canada.

with regards
May

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
@Naturgrl @scylla

Hi

continuetion to above,
I am planning to resubmit the application with IELTS score and recently I have written IELTS got the below score.

L-6.0,Reading 5.5,Writing-6.5 & speaking 7.0

I want to try for PNP if I get any PNP will express entry is accept this score {reading 5.5)? with valid LMIA but I am not in Canada.

with regards
May
So you are reapplying for the work permit? If so what changed in the application other than IELTS. Don’t you need a degree to do the job.

What province is the job in? 5.5 is too low for Express Entry so will not be eligible for most PNP programs, which are tied to EE.