+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received PR Confirmation Portal Email but Physically not in Canada

po1995

Mar 11, 2021
Hi all,

I applied for PR while I was in Canada (on PGWP which expires in October, 2023) as an inland applicant. On 28 September, I received an email with instructions regarding the confirmation portal process.

However, I came back to my home country (India) on 20 June to attend to a medical emergency in the family. I anticipate that I will be able to go back to Canada in the first week of March, 2024 (tentative).

I am uncertain how to proceed. If I were to reply to the above email and inform the IRCC that I am currently not in Canada, will my process be put on hold till March, 2024 when I will be in Canada? Or, should I inform the IRCC that I will be coming in March and they would only halt the process till then and in March, issue my PR Card/COPR expeditously?

What should I inform the IRCC?

Note: I will be travelling back to Canada on a visitor visa which is valid till 2030.

Thanks in advance!

PS - I was told by a friend that if I inform the IRCC that I am in India, they would transfer my processing to the Indian High Commission and I would receive my PR Card/COPR in India itself. Is this true?