+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received CEC Invitation without Completing One year. Accept or Decline?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
If you apply before completing the year you could even be accused of misrepresentation risking being banned form Canada for up to 5 years. Worth it? I wouldn't think so

You should be eligible both when you receive the ITA and when you submit the application

Kshitij10

Dec 20, 2018
I agree with your point of view, there both sides of the argument, some people say you have been invited before you completed your 1 yr experience but you can submit your PR application once you complete your 1 year, others contradict this...

This is what I read...

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html

Change in circumstance declared in an e-APR
Express Entry candidates are responsible for ensuring that the information in their profile is accurate and up-to-date at all times.

When a candidate is issued an ITA, their profile information and their CRS score are automatically recorded in GCMS.

If a candidate decides to submit an e-APR, the system automatically transfers the information from their profile to their e-APR for their convenience. The candidate is required to ensure that the information is still accurate before they submit their e-APR to IRCC. If the information transferred from the candidate’s profile is no longer accurate, the candidate must update their application accordingly.

You are not technically changing information between ITA and the e-APR(once you submit your application)

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/cec-exp-in-the-11-month.520655/
I have a question here.
What if we received ITA but still I need to work more few days to complete 1 year exp for CEC.
And work permit is expiring. Can we accept ITA and submit application so that I can go for bridging work permit.
Would that work? Your help is appreciated.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I have a question here.
What if we received ITA but still I need to work more few days to complete 1 year exp for CEC.
And work permit is expiring. Can we accept ITA and submit application so that I can go for bridging work permit.
Would that work? Your help is appreciated.
How many days is "a few"? You would probably get away with a 2-3 days, but not a week or more...

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
It is 3-3.5 weeks
So, just for future reference, this is a few weeks, not "a few days". :)

You can do what you want, you can accept and apply, and you may even be able to get a BOWP, but eventually the PR application will (should) be refused for not meeting eligibility. If you receive the BOWP before your eAPR application is refused, your BOWP is still valid until it expires, so you will have the chance to re-apply. If you´re willing to gamble (no guarantee) and sacrifice the PR application fee just to get the BOWP, it might work for you.

Kshitij10

Dec 20, 2018
So, just for future reference, this is a few weeks, not "a few days". :)

You can do what you want, you can accept and apply, and you may even be able to get a BOWP, but eventually the PR application will (should) be refused for not meeting eligibility. If you receive the BOWP before your eAPR application is refused, your BOWP is still valid until it expires, so you will have the chance to re-apply. If you´re willing to gamble (no guarantee) and sacrifice the PR application fee just to get the BOWP, it might work for you.
What should I do then, any suggestions?

OldBoy31

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
What should I do then, any suggestions?
Call an agent!
The guys on this website said the same thing to that jaggeo person who had 11 months and got ITA. But he applied anyway after completing 1 year and got the PR. So no one here will be able to guarantee anything either. Best option is calling an agent and confirming from them and getting his/her name and employee/batch number and add that in LOE.
Either you can decline the ITA or Wait out those 3/4 weeks and apply or make new EE profile and apply again after 1 year completion.
No guarantee here> may get refused or may get lucky.
Either way, its a gamble.

If you have the points and are a single applicant, I would suggest to decline and apply again after 1 yr experience completion.

Kshitij10

Dec 20, 2018
Call an agent!
The guys on this website said the same thing to that jaggeo person who had 11 months and got ITA. But he applied anyway after completing 1 year and got the PR. So no one here will be able to guarantee anything either. Best option is calling an agent and confirming from them and getting his/her name and employee/batch number and add that in LOE.
Either you can decline the ITA or Wait out those 3/4 weeks and apply or make new EE profile and apply again after 1 year completion.
No guarantee here> may get refused or may get lucky.
Either way, its a gamble.

If you have the points and are a single applicant, I would suggest to decline and apply again after 1 yr experience completion.
Yes true, I understand everything you said but the thing is once my work permit expired I will not be able to work so how I am gonna wait for that 3/4 weeks period since i need to keep working that time period to get my points for Canadian work experience so that I can apply through CEC

Cecuser

Nov 9, 2019
Hi, did that 11 month person got his PR?

Even I'm also in the same situation. I came to canada on 21st december 2018 and on nov 01st 2019 I have got my CEC points.

Now my doubt is whether I can accept the ITA or not? Please advise

ECanda

Jun 19, 2020
Hi Guys,

Today I received Invitation to apply for CEC, but the funny thing is I will complete ONE Year in the middle of August & I already received invitation to apply without completing one year, in my 11th month. I had created the EE profile on 28th June. In the first week of July I received additional points and my CRS score total was 460. I received BCPNP (Skilled Worker Express EntryBC) Invitation today as well. First, I received ITA for CEC in the morning and in the afternoon I received ITA for BCPNP Skilled Worker EEBC. I was expecting EE ITA for FSW but instead I received it for CEC.

What should I do? Should I accept the CEC invitation or Decline it? I went through the forums but did not get a proper answer.
Hi Mandeep,

Did you accept the ITA for CEC with less than 1 year work experience? If so, what's the result? I am in the same situation right now.

ECanda

Jun 19, 2020
i have confirmed with CIC themselves and they said EE offers you points and sends you an ITA only if you are eligible .i.e EE counts number of hours per year if you your hours of work qualifies their work experience requirement you get points in advance hence your points get awarded to you a month in advance or whatever . Now that being said they also advised me that i can submit my ITA Application until after july 31st as i have 90 days to submit.
Hi,

What happened to your PR application? Did you submit your application where you received an ITA months before your 1 year work experience? I am in the same status now. Appreciate your update. Thank you.

gurinderjit kaur

Jan 10, 2018
Hi guys.. im in the same situation. My 2 years experience will be completed on 11th july 2020 and my points gonne be 436. Now my points are 423. But i get invitation with CRS cut off 431, that held on 25th june. Should i accept on decline?