+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received CEC Invitation without Completing One year. Accept or Decline?

Noorville

Aug 15, 2020
Hello, I was in the same position as you guys. I called the CIC agent yesterday (August 17th 2020) and they instructed me to decline the application. My profile is back to the state it was in just before I got the invite. My score is still on my profile and it states I meet the eligibility criteria for CEC and FSWP. I'm hoping I get picked in the next draw this week and will submit my application soon after. I already have all the documents gathered. Hope this helps those who are confused about declining their invitations.

Aug 17, 2020
Hi guys.. im in the same situation. My 2 years experience will be completed on 11th july 2020 and my points gonne be 436. Now my points are 423. But i get invitation with CRS cut off 431, that held on 25th june. Should i accept on decline?
Hi Have you accepted ITA, did you approach IRCC and taken steps or rejected ITA ?

sadafmkh

Oct 14, 2020
The same thing happened to me last year. I received the ITA early in May while my 1-year CEC was supposed to be completed at the end of June. I called CIC, they told me to wait until the day that my 1-year CEC is completed then submit my application (the window from the date that the 1-year CEC was completed and the 60 days deadline for submitting the application was less than a week).
I did exactly what the CIC agent advised. waited until the 52 weeks minimum was completed then got the confirmation letter from my work (Job description) and submitted my application. My PR application was approved 5months later with no problem.
I should also mention that without that 1-year of CEC, my score would have fallen below the pool minimum score and my own opinion is that although I had the ITA 60 days prior to completing the minimum 1-year CEC if I had submitted my application before 1-year was completed there was a high chance that I would have been rejected.

ntachi

Star Member
Feb 18, 2017
The same thing happened to me last year. I received the ITA early in May while my 1-year CEC was supposed to be completed at the end of June. I called CIC, they told me to wait until the day that my 1-year CEC is completed then submit my application (the window from the date that the 1-year CEC was completed and the 60 days deadline for submitting the application was less than a week).
I did exactly what the CIC agent advised. waited until the 52 weeks minimum was completed then got the confirmation letter from my work (Job description) and submitted my application. My PR application was approved 5months later with no problem.
I should also mention that without that 1-year of CEC, my score would have fallen below the pool minimum score and my own opinion is that although I had the ITA 60 days prior to completing the minimum 1-year CEC if I had submitted my application before 1-year was completed there was a high chance that I would have been rejected.
Thank you for posting your detailed experience here, I believe this will help others a lot.

Reactions: sadafmkh

G_sha

Star Member
Oct 14, 2019
So does this mean, that you accepted the ITA but you submit the documents when your 1 year was fully completed. May I know what was your AOR and ITA date?

arshgaba

Feb 13, 2021
Hi, did that 11 month person got his PR?

Even I'm also in the same situation. I came to canada on 21st december 2018 and on nov 01st 2019 I have got my CEC points.

Now my doubt is whether I can accept the ITA or not? Please advise
I am sure that you have find the answer to your question until now. I am in the same situation as you were. I received my ITA 1.5 before completing 1 year. Please suggest.

Reactions: Rohitjaswal

sadafmkh

Oct 14, 2020
So does this mean, that you accepted the ITA but you submit the documents when your 1 year was fully completed. May I know what was your AOR and ITA date?
Yes. I accepted the ITA and waited until my 12 months (hours and date) was completed, then got the work letter from my employer and submitted my profile. Dates are mentioned in my pervious comment. I got my PR after 5 months of submitting my profile (almost end of June I submitted and got the PR approval in December)

sadafmkh

Oct 14, 2020
I am sure that you have find the answer to your question until now. I am in the same situation as you were. I received my ITA 1.5 before completing 1 year. Please suggest.
There is a reason they send ITA before the completeion of 1 year. Based on the date you added in your profile you will be eligible within the 60 days to submit your profile complete and accurate. This makes it a window for you to prepare your documents for submission right after you completed your 1 year work experience (with no delay)
That’s what I did after talking to CIC and got my PR with no problem: Accepted ITA, waited until 12 months and hours were completed, then got the job description letter from my employer and submitted my profile a few days before my 60 days were up.

Reactions: smm_0411

grattan

Star Member
Feb 13, 2020
There is a reason they send ITA before the completeion of 1 year. Based on the date you added in your profile you will be eligible within the 60 days to submit your profile complete and accurate. This makes it a window for you to prepare your documents for submission right after you completed your 1 year work experience (with no delay)
That’s what I did after talking to CIC and got my PR with no problem: Accepted ITA, waited until 12 months and hours were completed, then got the job description letter from my employer and submitted my profile a few days before my 60 days were up.
hi everybody

I am Covid positive in last days so that i was in 21 days quarantine. is my this time is countable in my one year experience.

any body have suggestion regarding this please reply

thanks in advance.

laracroft0077

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
This thread gave me some hope, I am in same case got ITA today that Feb 13 but I will be completing 1 year on March 9 ... hmm this is weird situvation.
As they have accepted 27000 not sure when next draw would be and even if it will my application get picked... lot of ifs and buts

Need suggestions

mandeep000

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
hi everybody

I am Covid positive in last days so that i was in 21 days quarantine. is my this time is countable in my one year experience.

any body have suggestion regarding this please reply

thanks in advance.
If you are still employed by your organization/employer then you are eligible. CIC will check your paystubs & offer letter/experience letter.
Give a call to CIC agents & get details if possible.

Reactions: grattan

mandeep000

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
This thread gave me some hope, I am in same case got ITA today that Feb 13 but I will be completing 1 year on March 9 ... hmm this is weird situvation.
As they have accepted 27000 not sure when next draw would be and even if it will my application get picked... lot of ifs and buts

Need suggestions
I created this thread, I went through the same issues you are going now. I called CIC in 2018 & they instructed me to decline the invitation. I applied again after completing 12 months of work experience and got PR.

Stay hopeful :)

Reactions: grattan

gdsp13

Oct 20, 2020

Need suggestions
Hey, I am in exact same situation as you. Got ITA today but 12 months will not be complete until March 9th. I think it will be good if we keep correspondence and try to figure out the best path forward.

Reactions: laracroft0077

laracroft0077

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
Hey, I am in exact same situation as you. Got ITA today but 12 months will not be complete until March 9th. I think it will be good if we keep correspondence and try to figure out the best path forward.
I mean we are not in same boat but we exactly same march 9 is my 1 year tooo .. Sending you a private msg lets talk there