+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received CEC Invitation without Completing One year. Accept or Decline?

jaggeo

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Keep reading that link...
i have read it a few times like for 3 days straight. i already accepted the ITA and done with the medicals for me n my spouse so am already heavily invested in this. plus my EE profile has expired after receiving my ITA. so if i decline now, i will surly lose my money, so am going to take the word of the agent and sent my e-APR on 1st or 2nd of Aug. and then will see where it goes

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i have read it a few times like for 3 days straight. i already accepted the ITA and done with the medicals for me n my spouse so am already heavily invested in this. plus my EE profile has expired after receiving my ITA. so if i decline now, i will surly lose my money, so am going to take the word of the agent and sent my e-APR on 1st or 2nd of Aug. and then will see where it goes
1 - No such thing as "accepting an ITA"
2 - The e-medical sheet can be used for the next ITA in which you'll meet the MEC at the time of the ITA.
3 - No money lost.
4 - You failed to understand one of the sections of that link.

Reactions: OriginalCraker

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
Accordingly, officers should refuse an application under section A11.2 if it is determined that

• at the time of the ITA or e-APR, the applicant did not or does not meet the MEC
basically it means , you have to match all your claims exactly at the time of ITA or after applying e-APR.
This is not about having the freedom to choose whether you want to meet MEC at ITA or AOR. It`s about not meeting it at either of them.

``at the time of the ITA or e-APR, the applicant did not or does not meet the MEC``
You must meet MEC at both ITA and AOR is what this sentence means. You can go ahead and apply for PR, and perhaps the officer is lenient or makes an error, but it`s recommended to just withdraw the application and wait as there`s no risk of losing money.

Reactions: OriginalCraker

OriginalCraker

Jan 23, 2018
plus my EE profile has expired after receiving my ITA - I got an ITA within 2 days of creating new profile
so if i decline now, i will surly lose my money - Money can be made again, rejection can't be fixed(rejection is not the end of the world, you always apply again)
so am going to take the word of the agent - Make sure to get his/her full name and batch number and stuff, also attach LOE
and sent my e-APR on 1st or 2nd of Aug. and then will see where it goes - Best of Luck
I personally would have taken the safer route. ..

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
. plus my EE profile has expired after receiving my ITA.

If you decline the ITA, your profile goes back into the pool. The only way it expires is when it is a year old. No big deal, you simply create a new profile...

so if i decline now, i will surly lose my money,

What money? It does not cost a dime to submit an EE profile - it does cost $ to get the ECA and language tests done, but they will still be valid if you decline the ITA. Not sure what money you think you will lose...

On the other hand, if you submit an ineligible application, you will lose the application fee and several months....

so am going to take the word of the agent and sent my e-APR on 1st or 2nd of Aug. and then will see where it goes
Call centre agents are minimally trained and notorious for giving bad advice. But wishing you luck whatever you decide.

jaggeo

Star Member
May 11, 2017
1 - No such thing as "accepting an ITA"
2 - The e-medical sheet can be used for the next ITA in which you'll meet the MEC at the time of the ITA.
3 - No money lost.
4 - You failed to understand one of the sections of that link.
my current medicals results are attached with my already expired EE profile. so if i decline my ITA . i have make a whole new profile. so i have to do all the required things all over again :(

jaggeo

Star Member
May 11, 2017
the money am taking about is for the medicals $270 *2 which is tied to my already expired EE profile. so i will loose that , if i make a new profile. am i right??

jaggeo

Star Member
May 11, 2017
plus my EE profile has expired after receiving my ITA - I got an ITA within 2 days of creating new profile
so if i decline now, i will surly lose my money - Money can be made again, rejection can't be fixed(rejection is not the end of the world, you always apply again)
so am going to take the word of the agent - Make sure to get his/her full name and batch number and stuff, also attach LOE
and sent my e-APR on 1st or 2nd of Aug. and then will see where it goes - Best of Luck
I personally would have taken the safer route. ..
thanks mate, i have explained this in the LOE, also about the points gained one month in advance before completing my 1 year. cos i know i wont get ITA so i never bothered to look . but suddenly when i received an email. i was shocked , as to how i became eligible for an ITA. then i understood i gained work experience points in advance. weird. and then after few days my EE profile expired. anyway. praying to GOD .

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
the money am taking about is for the medicals $270 *2 which is tied to my already expired EE profile. so i will loose that , if i make a new profile. am i right??
The UMI number (unique medical ID) is what will be used in order to track your results. Your medicals aren't attached to a specific ITA or to a profile. If anything a LOE will suffice.

jaggeo

Star Member
May 11, 2017
The UMI number (unique medical ID) is what will be used in order to track your results. Your medicals aren't attached to a specific ITA or to a profile. If anything a LOE will suffice.
ok , now thats a great information. thanks mate, now back to scratching my head, i'm in a pickle for sure.

mandeep000

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
i received my ITA under CEC on june 13 and by july 31st i complete my 1 year experience and i have 90 days to apply. so what should i do? do you think i can apply ? i have not applied yet i have one more month left.
In my opinion you should decline the ITA, wait till you complete One Year, if your scores are good you will receive a new ITA. You can check other threads for info or call the agents again for information.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
No, medicals are valid for a year, regardless of how many times you apply :)

Reactions: jaggeo

CrazyNik

Aug 8, 2016
Accordingly, officers should refuse an application under section A11.2 if it is determined that

• at the time of the ITA or e-APR, the applicant did not or does not meet the MEC
basically it means , you have to match all your claims exactly at the time of ITA or after applying e-APR.
I think all the claims that an applicant has entered are correct. And CIC is not asking if the applicant has completed one year or two years of work, but only the month and year the applicant has been working from. If the system calculates the score based on the information entered by the applicant, for which the applicant has evidence, then the visa officer cannot reject the application for the difference in days/weeks which was not the criteria for the system to send out an ITA to the applicant.

Reactions: zekkeh