+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

sam_172452

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mmahedihasan said:
Dear Friends,

I came here as a international masters students in Canada in 2011 and now working as PGWP holder.
I have met the requirements for experience class under express entry. I have a confusion how i should represent my education in the express entry profile and i would greatly appreciate if you guyz can help me on this.

I came to Canada as a masters student in in one university and then changed my university (another Canadian university) after one year and completed my masters (started again with few course transfer) from there.
I have four years bachelor degree (non Canadian) in the same area in addition to one secondary (non Canadian) and one post secondary (non Canadian) level degree.

I got 467 points by mentioning only my Masters degree from my last Canadian university (without mentioning the non-completed Canadian degree, and other secondary and higher secondary degrees) in Express Entry profile.

• Now my question is it mandatory to mention all the degrees? Yes it is. You have to be truthful in your personal history details. You need to mention all the years that were spent studying even if they did not result in a degree
    If not, then what do you suggest based on my situation?

Thanks you again for your help!

ann_chan

Jul 23, 2015
Hi all,
My application got recently(July 14, documents were submitted Dec.30,2014)) rejected, reason for rejection was they've already reached the 25,000 cap for federal skilled worker application, my agent is proposing to re-apply under PNP, the agency said i need no to stay in the the province that they will be coordinating with(they have a contact there that need my category, thus they can process my PNP), im planning to stay in Yvr, British columbia since i have a sister there, but the agent contact is in east coast, they adv. That if i were approve for PNP and got application for approve to apply for PR, i only newe to land on the said province, i can stay for a couple of days and fly to BC.
Question:
1. Is that accurate, there is no length of stay needed on the province who approved you.
2. The agent also adv. That my spouse need to take the language exam and academic accreditation to add points
3. Is PNP the best option for me, if my csr is only 289points

I hope somebody can help me, i waiting for so long and just got rejected.

Thank you

brunofuster

Star Member
Apr 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2015
AOR Received.
16-04-2015
ann_chan said:
Hi all,
My application got recently(July 14, documents were submitted Dec.30,2014)) rejected, reason for rejection was they've already reached the 25,000 cap for federal skilled worker application, my agent is proposing to re-apply under PNP, the agency said i need no to stay in the the province that they will be coordinating with(they have a contact there that need my category, thus they can process my PNP), im planning to stay in Yvr, British columbia since i have a sister there, but the agent contact is in east coast, they adv. That if i were approve for PNP and got application for approve to apply for PR, i only newe to land on the said province, i can stay for a couple of days and fly to BC.
Question:
1. Is that accurate, there is no length of stay needed on the province who approved you.
2. The agent also adv. That my spouse need to take the language exam and academic accreditation to add points

Thank you
PNP or LMIA are the best options (you will get invited on express entry for sure).
But for PNP you need a job offer and probably be working already (unless you and the company can wait around 3~4 months for you to start working if you don't have open work permit, if BC PNP Express Entry grants you a work permit after approval... if not, gotta wait more 6ish months for express entry).

And LMIA is not that easy, but I'd shoot for LMIA which is my plan B if my PR gets rejected.

sam_172452

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ann_chan said:
Hi all,
Question:

Thank you
Wow they took that long just to tell you that the cap was reached :(

sam_172452

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all,

There has been a lot of PPRs the past 7 days which is always great news! I'm just wondering if anyone has received any rejections recently? If you have please do post them here in this thread where you can get advice from forum members about your situation and so that other forum members who have not submitted an application yet can learn and not repeat similar errors. I'm really hoping I get zero replies to this and that no one has gotten a rejection :D

aliveli33

Apr 25, 2015
stephygold7 said:
So My PR application was refused last week due to the outdated FBI clearance.

The lenght of time to get a FBI BC was 12-14week longer than the time the CIC gave to submit all paperwork but I was told my old one could be sumbitted with proof that another one was requested and this was noted.

I am actually working with a lawyer and this message was received from the CIC one day after I sent them the new certificate and they said they have contacted CIC and have reported this to them. I am currently waiting for Sydney to re-open your PR application so I can submit your new FBI certificate.
They were given that notice on the submission letter. However, they did not appropriate the changes to reflect our request. Taking into consideration that this was brought to their attention earlier, it is very likely they will re-open your application. When I spoke to the agent he said it is possible and did not indicate that it would be problematic at all.

So now its wait and see again, this is very discouraging. :'(
Can you please share how old was your FBI PCC at the time you submitted your AOR?

goldday

Apr 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi guys,
just curious to know if anybody got rejected due to not providing proof of funds?

uncle_smile

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
uncle_smile said:
Back with updates guys,

As I creating a new profile, I discovered several mistakes which may have resulted my application being refused.

1. Employment Letter, time was wrong, should be 2014 instead of 2015
2. Job Offer, I should've select "No", instead of "Yes" and there are multiple error beyond this point such as "NOC code" on my work permit(I have a PGWP, and there's none code on it).
3. LMIA, at the bottom of work experience section, "Work Permit Required, LMIA Required" is selected instead of "Work Permit Required, but no LMIA Required"

I had a immigration consultant worked on my previous EE profile, and I'm not going to complain their professionalism of work, cause partially I'm responsible for not reviewing accuracy and completeness of my application.

Back again with more updates,

My GCMS notes ordered back in Jun is available now, despite all the problem I found from my previous EE profile, an CIC's officer's notes draw my attention.

He/She might have confused my 2 different hourly pays under my 2 NOCs.

I had NOC B job and received $17.5/h, and having a NOC O receiving $25/h.

In the GCMS notes, his/her note indicates that my NOC O receives $ 17.5/h and my NOC B received $25/h and noted: Incorrect NOC Listed.

I ordered 2nd GCMS notes immediately after I knew my application got refused, and the notes should be available in 2 weeks.

Because I don't have an official refusal letter (called CIC to re-issue again and again but it still won't appear in my email nor MyCiC), I will have to compare 2 GCMS notes, if no other major issue found, I will write CSE to request re-open, or at least explain my case.

Meanwhile, I'm in touch with BCPNP adviser, I forwared the GCMS notes to her, and she's working on my request to re-confirm my nomination to my new EE profile.

Good Luck all

sam_172452

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
uncle_smile said:

My GCMS notes ordered back in Jun is available now, despite all the problem I found from my previous EE profile, an CIC's officer's notes draw my attention.

In the GCMS notes, his/her note indicates that my NOC O receives $ 17.5/h and my NOC B received $25/h and noted: Incorrect NOC Listed.

I ordered 2nd GCMS notes immediately after I knew my application got refused, and the notes should be available in 2 weeks.

Because I don't have an official refusal letter (called CIC to re-issue again and again but it still won't appear in my email nor MyCiC), I will have to compare 2 GCMS notes, if no other major issue found, I will write CSE to request re-open, or at least explain my case.

Meanwhile, I'm in touch with BCPNP adviser, I forwared the GCMS notes to her, and she's working on my request to re-confirm my nomination to my new EE profile.

Good Luck all
Uncle_smile,

I hope you get things resolved quick.

It's always disheartening to see such mistakes made.

However, why would a mix up in salaries for a particular NOC get you rejected?

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
uncle_smile said:

Good Luck all
Also be careful that your job description and NOC number match, since there seems to be a note that they don't, and that can always cause an application to be rejected. Good luck!

uncle_smile

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dobes said:
Also be careful that your job description and NOC number match, since there seems to be a note that they don't, and that can always cause an application to be rejected. Good luck!
+1 for you, I do need to re-write the employment letter for my next attempt, thanks for the headsup

gorkhethito

Mar 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 Aug
AOR Received.
31 Aug
1 thing hit in my mind just now..i am about to send CSE for the refused application..and create new profile..sooo..if i got ITA ,should i wait for the result of CSE before submitting the application? What if old application re opens and i have new application submitted already??since there will be 2 open application for same person???????

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gorkhethito said:
1 thing hit in my mind just now..i am about to send CSE for the refused application..and create new profile..sooo..if i got ITA ,should i wait for the result of CSE before submitting the application? What if old application re opens and i have new application submitted already??since there will be 2 open application for same person???????
Not a problem. If they reopen your old application AFTER your new application is submitted, you can withdraw the new one.

gorkhethito

Mar 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 Aug
AOR Received.
31 Aug
Asivad Anac said:
Not a problem. If they reopen your old application AFTER your new application is submitted, you can withdraw the new one.
Thanks a lot.. :D