+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

premchandar.au

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
Folks. Indian NRI in Singapore applying for EE. Waiting @441. Have the following queries - appreciate any advise

1) PCC in India - Will it mention or are we required to give the different addresses we resided - or is it one certificate for our entire stay?
2) I have 4 different bank accounts in India and Singapore apart from one home loan. Most of the FDs are in one of the bank accounts. Is it sufficient, to get the loan account statement and the FD list on a bank letterhead and ignore the other accounts?
3) Travel History - I have travelled across 5 countries randomly in the last 3 years atleast. Certainly I do not have a record of them. Do not have a copy of my earlier passports too - How much information are we expected to share? - Are these also required for spouse?
4) Personal History - Do not remember the dates and some address that we have lived in the past. City is known - How much information is to be given and how accurate should it be?

Tony20182017

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
AOR Received.
19-09-2017
Folks. Indian NRI in Singapore applying for EE. Waiting @441. Have the following queries - appreciate any advise

1) PCC in India - Will it mention or are we required to give the different addresses we resided - or is it one certificate for our entire stay?
2) I have 4 different bank accounts in India and Singapore apart from one home loan. Most of the FDs are in one of the bank accounts. Is it sufficient, to get the loan account statement and the FD list on a bank letterhead and ignore the other accounts?
3) Travel History - I have travelled across 5 countries randomly in the last 3 years atleast. Certainly I do not have a record of them. Do not have a copy of my earlier passports too - How much information are we expected to share? - Are these also required for spouse?
4) Personal History - Do not remember the dates and some address that we have lived in the past. City is known - How much information is to be given and how accurate should it be?
Hi,

1- Indian PCC is for entire country but according to guidelines it is to be issued from local district police authority, which in turn has to deal with state passport office. So you should apply for PCC either from the same district/ city you last resided in India. Or at state passport office. If you get it issued from abroad, than this will not matter.

2- You do not need to list all bank accounts. Just give one or more, which together has enough funds to sufficiently cover the legal requirement of 1+ 1 people. In case of FD, do not forget to get it mentioned it is available to be freely liquidated at any moment. Plus the bank accounts you are showing should not have any loans or other liability attached to it, and This point should be clearly mentioned. In case of FD, I will recommend you encash it and keep in your account.( though not necessary) Each bank account you show has to mention the average balance of last 6 months. It's not necessary to maintain balance for 6 months or even 6 days. But they ask for 6 month average for a reason, so better to have the funds available for as long period as possible. If there is a sudden spike, back it up with documentary proof showing it belonfs to you/ spouse. Otherwise have funds available for a couple of months at least.

3- ThIs is problematic. And I hate to say could lead to rejection, you are supposed to have old passports with you. You need to upload any entry in any of your passport held for last 10 years. Same for your spouse.
All is not lost though, this is not automatic ground for rejection. But be prepared to explain and have a good reason why you did not keep your old passport. And give a detailed a history of your travel a specific possible. Note applications are rejected even if travel and residence sequence isn't even off by 1 day. There should be no gap for last 10 years.

4-This point is covered in the 3 rd point. Every address need to be given, unless you staying in hotels for brief visits. In that case only precise dates need to be given.

As you do not have old passport, best case scenario for you is extra background scrutiny and delayed processing. Good luck.

premchandar.au

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
Thanks for the feedback. The old passport got soiled in the washing machine by mistake :(. Nothing can be done about it. Just wondering, a frequent business traveller - how can i keep a record of so many travels. Let me see what i can do about it

Tony20182017

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
AOR Received.
19-09-2017
As
Thanks for the feedback. The old passport got soiled in the washing machine by mistake :(. Nothing can be done about it. Just wondering, a frequent business traveller - how can i keep a record of so many travels. Let me see what i can do about it
As I said all is not lost. Try to give as much documentary proof of your past travels as possible. You can dig out records from your company, old tickets in your email, bank statements showing ticket purchases,possibly application for passport replacement. It will be a subjective decision for them to believe the veracity of your information. But truth has a way of convincing people.

dimpb11

Jan 4, 2018
I have got an ITA and my spouse is currently in his home country where he applied for PCC and got it already. However he would be travelling outside of his home country in next month(for few months). Will his PCC for his home country stand valid in this case ? as CIC says "For countries in which the applicant no longer lives, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the client lived in that country."

saifjack021

Nov 4, 2015
Guys my AOR is 14 Feb.. There are two things , i would like to ask you guys.. 1st - My one of the employer has only mentione my first and last name, they didn't include my middle name. will it be issue? 2nd - I have submitted my wife's same name person affidavit for her maiden name and after marriage name as legal document, Everything is perfect on affidavit except typer mentioned her age as "about 25 years " while she was 26 years , the time I prepared this affidavit .. it was created 1.5 years ago and as it was not expired I submitted .. so will be it issue as there is ABOUT before 25 years.

Please comment on this. Thanks.

pitico55

Star Member
Jul 22, 2017
i had stamps on my 2 earlier passports. Unfortunately one is lost and the other was soiled. What do i do? - Any suggestions welcome
just provide your valid passport and a truthful travel history. if you don't remember all dates for old passport, put the most approximate dates you can remember.

craig123

Jul 7, 2017
Guys my AOR is 14 Feb.. There are two things , i would like to ask you guys.. 1st - My one of the employer has only mentione my first and last name, they didn't include my middle name. will it be issue? 2nd - I have submitted my wife's same name person affidavit for her maiden name and after marriage name as legal document, Everything is perfect on affidavit except typer mentioned her age as "about 25 years " while she was 26 years , the time I prepared this affidavit .. it was created 1.5 years ago and as it was not expired I submitted .. so will be it issue as there is ABOUT before 25 years.

Please comment on this. Thanks.
1. No middle name on employer reference letter is not an issue.

2. Affidavit will have date of issue on it. So on the date of issue she is 25 which stays true even 10 years from now when she turns 35. So nothing to worry there. Just make sure old affidavits are ok to be used.

saifjack021

Nov 4, 2015
1. No middle name on employer reference letter is not an issue.

2. Affidavit will have date of issue on it. So on the date of issue she is 25 which stays true even 10 years from now when she turns 35. So nothing to worry there. Just make sure old affidavits are ok to be used.
Thank you for your reply.

Regarding Affidavit, typer made mistake. Her age was 26 years but typer wrote "ABOUT AGE 25 YEARS". that means mentioned age during that time, it was 1 year less. but there was keyword ABOUT 25 years .. means they should consider Up and Down in age... but as I already submitted my application .. I hope it wont be any issue .. what do u think? I also submitted my marriage certificate. affidavit was only to show that my wife name changed after marriage..

premchandar.au

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
Hello friends, I have an issue here. Please help ......

My SG PCC was issued with incorrect start date which is 3 days after my actual entry date into Singapore. It is matching with employment pass start date.
I do not remember whether I only put that date during the PCC/COC request or may be Singapore officer might have put it deliberately. However the immigration stamp on my passport has a date 3 days older.

Would CIC reject it because start date on PCC is 3 days later than actual entry date ?
How did u manahe this. I am in the same boat.

Anitbiotic

Nov 28, 2017
Hi everyone, I made an error in my eAPR.

My spouse's Masters was evaluated as follows:
Canadian Equivalency: Two years of post-secondary study at a non-recognized institution Remarks: The credential is not comparable to a completed Canadian education credential.

However in the EE, ITA and eAPR application it is selected as follows:
Two year program at a university, college, trade or technical school or other institute

My CRS is 470 and if this error is rectified it will be 469. I received an ITA on 7th Feb and the cut off was 442. I am currently in IP1 stage (Meds passed, No additional docs required)

Do you think my application will get rejected? Also is it necessary that i raise a IRCC web form? Appreciate your response.

craig123

Jul 7, 2017
Hi everyone, I made an error in my eAPR.

My spouse's Masters was evaluated as follows:
Canadian Equivalency: Two years of post-secondary study at a non-recognized institution Remarks: The credential is not comparable to a completed Canadian education credential.

However in the EE, ITA and eAPR application it is selected as follows:
Two year program at a university, college, trade or technical school or other institute

My CRS is 470 and if this error is rectified it will be 469. I received an ITA on 7th Feb and the cut off was 442. I am currently in IP1 stage (Meds passed, No additional docs required)

Do you think my application will get rejected? Also is it necessary that i raise a IRCC web form? Appreciate your response.
Your selection of "Two year program at a univ ...." is actually lower than ""
Thank you for your reply.

Regarding Affidavit, typer made mistake. Her age was 26 years but typer wrote "ABOUT AGE 25 YEARS". that means mentioned age during that time, it was 1 year less. but there was keyword ABOUT 25 years .. means they should consider Up and Down in age... but as I already submitted my application .. I hope it wont be any issue .. what do u think? I also submitted my marriage certificate. affidavit was only to show that my wife name changed after marriage..
I don't think this should be a problem. But you can always, get a new affidavit with updated and correct information and 1. submit it via raising a request on your express entry file along with LOE explaining why are you resubmitting a new affidavit. OR 2. wait to see IF IRCC raises an ADR asking about this. IRCC does not reject application due to small error they ask for additional information.

Reactions: Anitbiotic

Msmaili

Feb 28, 2018
Sure...
Express entry profile submitted on 24.09.2017
Invitation to apply received on 04.10.2017
I submitted my complete documents on 09.11.2017
I got visa approval on 12.12.2017

For me, it was quite quick alhamdullilah...
Hey Sameera congrats! ☺hamdulah
I have one question please. Did you add any index or table of content in the PDF files when you submitted your e-apr to help clarify what each page is for?

Or you just scanned files and uploaded them in their respective categories?

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
HI everyone, I have a quick question I hope some one can help: I just realized after submitting eAPR that one the scan of my Degree certificate has a thin straight vertical line about 1 pixel thick from top to bottom somewhere in the middle. It looks like a streak that we get sometimes when we photocopy a document, I guess it happened during the scanning process. I am very worried about this, do you think this would cause a problem?

The line does not obscure any text or information as it is just too thin, like a hairline. But I am worried as would they think they think the scan quality is poor and reject it? or would they say the line is an alteration on the certificate and reject it? I would really appreciate your anyone's input on this, especially if anyone else has submitted any scans with similar scanning artifacts. thank you!

Last edited: