Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
At the time of AOR is the validity of the IELTS score calculated from the date of giving the test or the date of results getting published? I took the test on 20 Feb 2016 and the results were published on 3 March 2016.

Thank you.
Your test results must be less than two years old when you submit your application for permanent residence.

According to above statement, you are good to go.

Reactions: kushagra452
Jan 10, 2018
So My previous one year job that’s making me eligible for FSW had its office in a residential area. It’s a startup company and a small office was setup in one of the rooms of the house.
My work experience and company - everything is legitimate, the company’s got a website as well since last 4 years.

I read somewhere that office location in a residential area might raise a suspect. Has anyone got the same situation with them ? Would very much appreciate your thoughts on this.
Did this work out for you?

khalidr

Star Member
May 29, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
I think number of hours required. Also, did you get a separate duties letter? Cos You did not mention whether this letter included your job duties in your post. Thats important too.
Yes the ref letter include duties. Only hours is missing. My collegue will declare on a plain paper that I worked for 40 hours per week. Only mention about hours. Is that ok ?

ypaul

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-01-2018
Yes the ref letter include duties. Only hours is missing. My collegue will declare on a plain paper that I worked for 40 hours per week. Only mention about hours. Is that ok ?
That should be okay, or if you still have a copy of offer letter, you can scan and show that.

Anitbiotic

Nov 28, 2017
Hi All,
My CRS is 470 and I recently submitted my application and got EoR. Yesterday I realized that I made a minor mistake in the submission.

The below was my Spouse WES evaluation:

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Bachelor's degree (four years)

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS

1. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Technology
Year: 2009
Awarded by:XXX
Major/Specialization: Computer Science
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

2.Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Postgraduate Diploma
Year: 2014
Awarded by: XXX
Major/Specialization: Management
Canadian Equivalency: Two years of post-secondary study at a non-recognized institution
Remarks: The credential is not comparable to a completed Canadian education
credential.

When filling the form
For the first Degree (Bachelor of Technology), I selected the Canadian equivalency as Bachelors Degree

For the second Degree (Post Graduate Diploma), I Selected the Canadian equivalency as Two year program at a university,College,Trade or Technical School or other institute. However, there is a remark below in the WES report which says the credential is not comparable. Hence maybe I should have selected "None"

My Question:
Will this cause rejection/ refusal ?
The CRS would get reduced from 470 to 469 because of this error and there is no impact on my eligibility.

Tony20182017

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
AOR Received.
19-09-2017
Hi All,
My CRS is 470 and I recently submitted my application and got EoR. Yesterday I realized that I made a minor mistake in the submission.

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS

1. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution

2.Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Canadian Equivalency: Two years of post-secondary study at a non-recognized institution
credential.

When filling the form
For the first Degree (Bachelor of Technology), I selected the Canadian equivalency as Bachelors Degree

For the second Degree (Post Graduate Diploma), I Selected the Canadian equivalency as Two year program at a university,College,Trade or Technical School or other institute. However, there is a remark below in the WES report which says the credential is not comparable. Hence maybe I should have selected "None"

My Question:
The CRS would get reduced from 470 to 469 because of this error and there is no impact on my eligibility.

It can be construed as misrepresentation, irrespective of fact it does not impact eligibility. If you had simply showed your wife's post graduate degree, they may have just ignored it and recalculated the score. Since it lowers the point by only one and you are way above the minimum point in last round of invitation, you would have been absolutely fine. But in this case you actively put her Masters degree as equivalent to Canadian Masters. So that is technically misrepresentation, a clear case of a reason for refusal.

You can still withdraw your application, and resubmit. You are sure to get another ITA within a fortnight. It will be a minor delay compared to uncertainty for months and possible rejection.

thinkingtoapply

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Hi All,

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS

credential.

When filling the form

My Question:

Its better to decline and resubmit rather than to create issues later.
Also with ur CRS, I don't think it might be a problem to get ITA in the very next draw.

Frankie Chan

Star Member
Oct 8, 2016
Actually have a business in a residential address... Same application time in April, waiting for Wes and stuff to come through first
Yes I am totally the same I work in my boss's big house as bookkeeper, coz he sets up his office in a big house. I just got my WES report. Would you mind if we can add each other on Whatsapp so we can discuss and help each other? Btw is your work experience Canadian experience ?

Reactions: Ylover207

khalidr

Star Member
May 29, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
That should be okay, or if you still have a copy of offer letter, you can scan and show that.
Thanks for your reply. Do you know what is the validity of reference letters from past employers? I have received the letter last year and its been almost a year... Will that be valid?

premchandar.au

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
Yes the very first page was the Balance Letter from the bank showing the savings account balance and the FD balance with start and maturity dates and a column showing that there is no lien on my FD.
My understanding is that, even if the FD is not 6 months old, if we explain the source of the funds (in my case the salary account for which the credits fro the company salary are clearly mentioned, I also explained in LoE) to be legitimate and not borrowed they must be considering it. f
In fact my Savings account also did not have a 6 month average balance but still the closing balance was considered by the officer.
On the refusal letter there was no mention about the FD itself. So not sure if he missed it or whether he deliberately did not consider it.
To simplify matters, can we just list down the FD details that are more than 6 months in the bank letter to be submitted?

Reactions: napavalley