+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reapplying immediately after a TRV refusal

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi and good day to everyone.

Being private entrepreneur and GM of the medical distribution company I represent two medical device manufacturers, one from British Columbia, the other from Nova Scotia. To overview current status of cooperation and discuss distribution possibilities in other countries we agreed to meet and I planned to visit our partners' office in Canada. So, I applied for TRV online and included all required documents together with invitation letter from the partner in BC. To my great surprise my application was refused. As a reason two points were marked, the travel history and purpose of visit. FYI as a travel history I attached copies of two travels to Germany. And as a proof of my visit purpose I sent invitation letter from the partner.

What else should I attach to get my application confirmed?

Please, help.

Thanks in advance,

Ulvi
Hi,

You'll need to post more details.

1. How long did you intend to visit? Was your visit purely for business purposes and/or for tourism/to meet family as well?

2. What documents did you submit?

3. What was the purpose of your two visits to Germany? And were these two visits during the same visa validity?

4. What are your ties to your home country: Do you own property/land/business or commercial premises? Do you have dependent family members like your parents/ spouse/ children?

Cheers

Reactions: RockyBlond

RockyBlond

Nov 22, 2017
Baku, Azerbaijan
Hi Bryanna,

Thank you for your reply.

1. My visit is planned for a week from January 10th to January 18th, 2018. And it is solely for business purpose. I have no other ties in Canada, but for being the distributor of Canadian medical device manufacturers.
2. Documents submitted included the application, invitation letter, exclusive distribution contact, purchase invoices, bank statements of my national and euro currency accounts, tax payments, round trip travel ticket booking, family information form, marriage and birth certificates, all with translation into English language with notarized certification, where applicable.
3. In Germany I was in two different trade fairs, one of which was Medica fair in Düsseldorf. Visits were with two different visas, one in 2007, the other in 2008.
4. I own my personal business in home country and have parents, wife and 4 children dependent on me.

Hope I could answer your questions in details.

Please, advise if there is anything else I can do to get my application approved.

Many thanks for your time and attention.

Best regards,

Ulvi

ubfx

Oct 6, 2017
Hi Bryanna,

1. My visit is planned for a week from January 10th to January 18th, 2018. And it is solely for business purpose. I have no other ties in Canada, but for being the distributor of Canadian medical device manufacturers.
2. Documents submitted included the application, invitation letter, exclusive distribution contact, purchase invoices, bank statements of my national and euro currency accounts, tax payments, round trip travel ticket booking, family information form, marriage and birth certificates, all with translation into English language with notarized certification, where applicable.
3. In Germany I was in two different trade fairs, one of which was Medica fair in Düsseldorf. Visits were with two different visas, one in 2007, the other in 2008.
4. I own my personal business in home country and have parents, wife and 4 children dependent on me.

Please, advise if there is anything else I can do to get my application approved.

Best regards,

Ulvi
when you applied and from where and in how many days they send you refusal?

Asmaa Hassan

Nov 24, 2017
Hi .. I applied for tourism visa online on October 12 .. unfortunately I received a refusal for the following reasons
1- Immigration status in country of residence
2- family ties in Canada and in country of residence
3- current employment situation

Note: I forgot to attach national ID in my country of residence, and I applied for staying around two months because I wasn’t yet decided my exact vacation time

NOW .. I want to reapply again but through the travel agent which will arrange my trip is there is probability to be refused again as it is only one month back refused

What is your advice for my situation

Jtpolzin

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
Hi .. I applied for tourism visa online on October 12 .. unfortunately I received a refusal for the following reasons

Note: I forgot to attach national ID in my country of residence, and I applied for staying around two months because I wasn’t yet decided my exact vacation time

NOW .. I want to reapply again but through the travel agent which will arrange my trip is there is probability to be refused again as it is only one month back refused

I think you need to address the reasons for you refusal or you will simply be refused again.

First two months is far to long for a First trip, the fact you can take that much time off shows weak ties to your home country, 2 weeks max

Second what is the immigration status in your country if residence

What is your employment situation.

Finally what family do you have in canada?

A travel agent won’t really help you

Asmaa Hassan

Nov 24, 2017
I think you need to address the reasons for you refusal or you will simply be refused again.

First two months is far to long for a First trip, the fact you can take that much time off shows weak ties to your home country, 2 weeks max

Second what is the immigration status in your country if residence

What is your employment situation.

Finally what family do you have in canada?

A travel agent won’t really help you
Thank you for your reply
I have no family there I’ll go as tourist, but I attache non notrized marriage certificate is this weak evidence, it is just marriage certificate translated?

The refusal resons that
You haven’t satisfy me that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as temporary resident, I considered several factors including (the three reasons I mentioned before)

Ok for my immigration status in country of residence I’ll attache my residence visa as worker along with National ID.

For current employment situation, I’ll attach salary slips with No Objection letter from my employment with 25 days visit, its my annual leave time.
Is that enough

ubfx

Oct 6, 2017
Thank you for your reply
I have no family there I’ll go as tourist, but I attache non notrized marriage certificate is this weak evidence, it is just marriage certificate translated?

The refusal resons that
You haven’t satisfy me that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as temporary resident, I considered several factors including (the three reasons I mentioned before)

Ok for my immigration status in country of residence I’ll attache my residence visa as worker along with National ID.

For current employment situation, I’ll attach salary slips with No Objection letter from my employment with 25 days visit, its my annual leave time.
Is that enough
Do you have previous travel history like in Europe, UK, USA or Australia?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Bryanna,

Best regards,

Ulvi
Hi,

IMO, you have not established:
1. Why you must visit your Canadian host instead of carrying on doing business without meeting..... Documents should include a detailed day-by-day itinerary of what you plan to do with expense estimates + company profiles of your company and your host company + 24/7 contact information of your host + proofs of active trading/imports between your company and the two Canadian host companies + proof of who will pay for your visit + provisional hotel bookings + why you and not someone else must visit these host companies, etc etc

2. Your business/company: Business registration documents + business tax returns + 6 months' business bank statement + your company audit statement and Profit-Loss balance sheet + lease agreements for your office and/or warehouse + proofs you have employees + purchase orders issued by other customers/payments made + expected orders shortly after your visit + your personal bank statement (as you cannot show company finances/company bank statement to pay for your visit), etc etc

All amounts stated throughout your application must be in your local currency + in CAD.

3. Your ties to your home country: Property/land ownership (with current indicative market valuation, property tax receipts, local council taxes/payments) + family ties (proofs that you and your family live at the same address + your family is dependent on you) + any other similar ties

Your previous travels to Germany will not help as those visits were nearly 10 years ago. The visa officer would like to see recent, short visits to countries that require visas.

You would want to visit a few of these countries (for either tourism or business reasons) before you reapply for a Canada TRV

Cheers

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014

Hi Asmaa,

Unfortunately, it is not surprising why you were refused:
1. Two months visit as a tourist when you don't have any family/friends in Canada who will host you/take care of your accommodation, etc

2. Two months' visit is far too long as a visitor in such circumstances

3. You have not demonstrated that you have strong reasons to return to your country of residence (i.e. your employment, dependent family, lease agreement or property ownership, your financial situation, etc).

4. Your previous travels were to countries which issue visitor visas to almost everyone of any nationality. You have not visited countries like the US, UK, etc

5. You have not convinced the visa officer why you want to visit Canada and why not vacation in another country

A travel agent will not be able to help you to get a TRV/visitor visa if you have a weak application

Cheers

Reactions: Asmaa Hassan

Ganeev

Dec 11, 2017
Hi, I applied from Italy for tourist visa for 4 weeks. I have permanent job in Italy, I submit the permanent contract of my job, approved vacation letter from employer, applied for citizenship and acceptance to application confirmation, showed $10,000 in my account, invitation letter from my cousin to attend her daughter’s birth celebration, she sent me booking confirmation of convention hall, her birth certificate, letter from the hall people that they are doing celebration, sponsorship letter from natory. She showed $17,000 in her account. Still my visa got refused. Reason we’re:
1. Travel history which I don’t have any except for India
2 Employment condition in my country but I have permanent job
3 lack of financial support. I think 10,000 are more then enough for 4 weeks stay
Please help should I retry where I was lacking please help friends