+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reapplying immediately after a TRV refusal

lilua

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toby said:
Many applications for a temporary visa (TRV) to Canada are rejected because the applicants don’t have bonds strong enough to make them return to the home country.

The form letter of refusal from Canada also advises against re-applying unless the applicant has some new evidence. Since most applicants have done the best job they can with the first application, and have no new evidence to offer, so they give up.

An acquaintance who works wit VOs in a Canadian embassy has a different take on this: apparently it CAN be useful to immediately re-apply, with the same application and same evidence. Here`s why.

The average VO has something like 45 seconds to assess each application for a TRV. Why so many applications? Partly because travel agencies will submit multiple applications for a single client to many countries, hoping for at least one approval out of the many refusals.

So the overworked VO will routinely refuse applications unless there is a compelling reason to approve. But if the applicant re-submits, challenging the VO’s reasoning in a cover letter, but essentially drawing the VO’s attention to the strong evidence already presented in the original application, then the VO has to pay more serious attention, and the chances of approval rise significantly. Essentially the applicant is taking his application out of the big pile of applications in the first in-basket and putting it in the smaller pile for special VO consideration.

At least that’s what my “insider source” says. So, if you want a TRV, apply early, giving yourself enough time to re-apply. If you really want to make the best case, give yourself time to get the CAIPS notes after the first refusal, then address those VO concerns in the new cover letter.

As a closing thought / question, I wonder if it would improve chances of approval if in the first cover letter you were to state that you are applying so far in advance of the travel date precisely to give yourself time to get the CAIPS notes, rebut, and re-apply

How can I get the CAIPS notes?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
^ http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

Or use a third-party for GCMS if you don't have anyone in Canada.

JazzB

Star Member
May 30, 2014
Hello everyone,

I need a help from you guys.

I have a friend of mine. He was an international student and did two courses of 8 months each (total 16 months) considered to be 2 program of 1 year each. Ideally he should get two or three years post-graduation work permit after his studies. But he got work-permit of only for one year. When he called CIC they said that they didn't check his documents properly and they will process the request and send updated work permit within next three months.

Now problem is when he got hard copy of his work permit in mail, there is different UCI number mentioned on it than what was on the student permit.

He want to get visitor visa so that he can visit his country and come back in canada.

So what should be done at this time??

Please suggest.

chonda

Mar 15, 2017
Today, I received my 1st refusal of TRV Canada. The points that they have mentioned.
1. Current status of Country of residence.
2, Purpose of Visit

The above two points has already mentioned in my application, while, I don't why they have rejected.
I have submitted my IQAMA Saudi residence card copy. (BUT not translated in English), and mention Tourism in the purpose of visit. and submitted my travel plan like hotel reservation/confirmation and company annual leave application.

My Question is which documents shall I submit to get the TRV second time. Please advise.

riasat.abir

Aug 9, 2012
Burnaby
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2015-12-17
AOR Received.
2016-02-22
Med's Done....
2016-03-09
Passport Req..
2016-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
2016-08-30
LANDED..........
2016-09-09
Sunglow said:
Hello, I am a newbie here. I applied for Canada TRV two weeks ago and unfortunately it was refused/denied for the following reasons:

1. travel history -> I have traveled to 9 different countries including Germany, Austria, Amsterdam, and South Korea. I have been granted Shengen and Korean visa before. Never did I overstay in my previous travels. My new passport has no stamp yet. All these travels are in my old passport that I submitted together with my application

2. personal assets and financial status -> I have provided the required bank statements. Balance amounting to more or less 4400 CAD. I have also provided stock certificates amounting to more or less 3300 CAD. I am a regular employee in my company and receives good compensation. This information was provided in my employment letter.

3. Sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out stated purpose in going to Canada and to effect my departure.
-> I plan to stay in Canada for 1 month to tour around and visit my friend who is already a PR in Canada. In my friend’s invitation letter, he specified that I will be staying at his residence. He was also the one who prepared for my itinerary and also indicated that he will fund it. Both the invitation letter and itinerary were signed by him. I also provided a photocopy of his passport and PR ID. More or less the only expense I need to worry about is my round trip ticket. So the amount in my bank statement should suffice right?

Please help! I really don't see why they refused my application. Is it best to appeal or to reapply? Any advice as to how I can increase my chances on my next application? Do you think I should reapply immediately? Thank you! This is just so frustrating..
1. Write down your travel history in a tabular format, table headers can be - Destination, Arrival Date, Departure Date, Passport No, Purpose of Travel.

2. If you have payslips submit those as well. If you are currently employed, add NOC from employer as well. And as you are employed, you have to show income tax statement too. If you have fixed asset like home/land, show it evaluated by CA firm.

3. Funded by friend is kinda shaky. Why would your friend fund your tours? He/she can accommodate you, rest should be covered by you. Also show utility bill/driving license to confirm the address you will be staying. The trip itinerary should have addresses and date as well for the time you are staying in Canada. Also $4400 might be a little low as the air fare can be half of your savings. Why would spend half of your savings of life just for a 1 month trip in Canada? CIC can find it hard to believe. If possible show a bit more.

nano1987

Apr 9, 2014
Thanks for the insight. Has anyone tried this?
Good afternoon everyone,

I wanted to share my recent experience about this matter.
I applied for my dad for a visitor visa on Apr 3, 2017, he got refused on Apr 13 (this is the 2nd time, 1st time being in Nov 2015). So I re-applied on Apr 19 again with the same exact information except that I included a one page explanation letter directed to the visa officer.
I was asking him to look into our case closely, I said that me and my husband are hard working young couple and have a young daughter who we send to daycare. We recently bought a home so our costs and responsibilities are at peak. That means we cannot go visit back home so my parents can see their 1st and only granddaughter. We said that we believe we're lawful citizens who pay their taxes and do their best to be good Canadians. For that reason we are asking that he re-considers his refusal decision. I also included a statement where I promised that my dad has no intention to stay in Canada beyond his 2 week vacation as he cannot be off work for that long as he has to support my mom and sisters.

After all, it was May 15, 2017 (near 4 weeks after, although processing time for that VAC is stated to be 11 days) and we still have not heard back from immigration. I sent them a web inquiry to ask about status. Today on May 16, they responded to tell me that they want my dad to take his passport to the visa office :)

After all I feel they heard us, somebody out there is ready to look into your case if you personalize it. Now I'm sure it doesn't always work that way but we were lucky that this visa officer believed that we are genuine :) Good luck to everyone and hope that somebody will find this helpful.

Reactions: Nimma78

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
Good afternoon everyone,

I wanted to share my recent experience about this matter.
I applied for my dad for a visitor visa on Apr 3, 2017, he got refused on Apr 13 (this is the 2nd time, 1st time being in Nov 2015). So I re-applied on Apr 19 again with the same exact information except that I included a one page explanation letter directed to the visa officer.
I was asking him to look into our case closely, I said that me and my husband are hard working young couple and have a young daughter who we send to daycare. We recently bought a home so our costs and responsibilities are at peak. That means we cannot go visit back home so my parents can see their 1st and only granddaughter. We said that we believe we're lawful citizens who pay their taxes and do their best to be good Canadians. For that reason we are asking that he re-considers his refusal decision. I also included a statement where I promised that my dad has no intention to stay in Canada beyond his 2 week vacation as he cannot be off work for that long as he has to support my mom and sisters.

After all, it was May 15, 2017 (near 4 weeks after, although processing time for that VAC is stated to be 11 days) and we still have not heard back from immigration. I sent them a web inquiry to ask about status. Today on May 16, they responded to tell me that they want my dad to take his passport to the visa office :)

After all I feel they heard us, somebody out there is ready to look into your case if you personalize it. Now I'm sure it doesn't always work that way but we were lucky that this visa officer believed that we are genuine :) Good luck to everyone and hope that somebody will find this helpful.
Your experience is inspiring. It might will help others. It's interesting that you re-applied with same information and they called for passport with it. Why did he refused in April 13th. What they said when refused.

sharmask7

Jan 8, 2014
Hi All,

My Name is Satish Sharma i applied through an Agent for Schooling visa for my two son and their dependent visa (TRV) for me and my spouse. After getting the Letter of Acceptance (LoA) from Elementary school(My both child are minor 10 and 12 years respectively), and based on that applied visa to to the Canada under Schooling Visa for two childs and Tourist visa as Caretaker for me and my spouse.

After 40 days i got the refusal of visa for all four files from the embassey. Please do let me know in case if there is anything i can do to overturn the decision of the consulate in my favor.

Please note that i have even submitted the administration charges and school fee to obtain the Letter of Acceptance which is primary document for obtaining schooling visa. The intake for my son is in the September 2017.

Please guide me on next procedure for re-appealing.

Thanks
Satish

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi All,

My Name is Satish Sharma i applied through an Agent for Schooling visa for my two son and their dependent visa (TRV) for me and my spouse. After getting the Letter of Acceptance (LoA) from Elementary school(My both child are minor 10 and 12 years respectively), and based on that applied visa to to the Canada under Schooling Visa for two childs and Tourist visa as Caretaker for me and my spouse.

After 40 days i got the refusal of visa for all four files from the embassey. Please do let me know in case if there is anything i can do to overturn the decision of the consulate in my favor.

Please note that i have even submitted the administration charges and school fee to obtain the Letter of Acceptance which is primary document for obtaining schooling visa. The intake for my son is in the September 2017.

Please guide me on next procedure for re-appealing.

Thanks
Satish
Hi Satish,

Your children need *Study Permits* to study in these schools because neither you nor your wife are authorized to work/study in Canada.

There are no *dependent visas* for parents of minor children who intend to study in Canada.... nor can you apply as a *caretaker*.

Your minor children will need a local Canadian custodian. You and your wife can then apply for TRVs (as visitors) to visit your children for up to 6 months.

Having said that, the chances of you and your wife getting TRVs as visitors to accompany your children are extremely low. In fact, almost zero chance because IRCC knows that you and your wife intend to remain in Canada long-term.

Your plan to enter/remain in Canada along with your minor children as students will not work. Also, appealing is an arduous and expensive process which will not result in overturning the refusals in this case

Cheers

Reactions: Nimma78

Jinkajinka

Jun 15, 2017
I applied for work permit application as a home support worker ive done all my medicals and all pass all required documents. Then i still i got refused

The reason is only one

You were not able to demonstrate that you adequately meet the job requirements of your prospective employment

I finish college degree in payc

mayahleen

Jun 21, 2017
Toby,we would like to re apply immediately as we have been refused.Now the question here,how would the embassy officer know that this is our second application?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
do we have to fill out the uci number then in our second application?tnx
Yes, as you have a UCI Number you must mention it in the TRV application form.

You must also answer 'Yes' and declare your previous visa refusal(s) for Canada/any other country in the 'Background Questions' section

Reactions: rshmsarkar

niraj29

Aug 16, 2016
Visitor Visa Refused of Wife
Hello VIP's and other forum buddies.
here is the current situation
my wifes visitor visa got refused with Xother reason. in the application.
i am an H1B of USA and had valid multiple visa for Canada to travel. recently got married and applied for wifes visitor visa for Canada.
Timeline: Application Submitted 29th MAY 2017. India VFS
31st May processed Banglore.
21st June passport pickup/ refusal stating only Other reasons(i am not satisfied that you would respect the terms of your admission as a temporary resident in Canada)

Things in Application Package:
1. application
2. proof of funds
3. explanation letter
4. invitation from my cousin as he is citizen of canada.
5. my Valid canada and USA visa copy.
6.pay slips of my USA employer as well bank statement

please help is it good to reapply again ?

and include the UCI as same in new application. really need help.