File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What evidence is your wife including to show proof of ties?

stylito

Jun 12, 2017
Many applications for a temporary visa (TRV) to Canada are rejected because the applicants don’t have bonds strong enough to make them return to the home country.

The form letter of refusal from Canada also advises against re-applying unless the applicant has some new evidence. Since most applicants have done the best job they can with the first application, and have no new evidence to offer, so they give up.

An acquaintance who works wit VOs in a Canadian embassy has a different take on this: apparently it CAN be useful to immediately re-apply, with the same application and same evidence. Here`s why.

The average VO has something like 45 seconds to assess each application for a TRV. Why so many applications? Partly because travel agencies will submit multiple applications for a single client to many countries, hoping for at least one approval out of the many refusals.

So the overworked VO will routinely refuse applications unless there is a compelling reason to approve. But if the applicant re-submits, challenging the VO’s reasoning in a cover letter, but essentially drawing the VO’s attention to the strong evidence already presented in the original application, then the VO has to pay more serious attention, and the chances of approval rise significantly. Essentially the applicant is taking his application out of the big pile of applications in the first in-basket and putting it in the smaller pile for special VO consideration.

At least that’s what my “insider source” says. So, if you want a TRV, apply early, giving yourself enough time to re-apply. If you really want to make the best case, give yourself time to get the CAIPS notes after the first refusal, then address those VO concerns in the new cover letter.

As a closing thought / question, I wonder if it would improve chances of approval if in the first cover letter you were to state that you are applying so far in advance of the travel date precisely to give yourself time to get the CAIPS notes, rebut, and re-apply

Dear Toby

thank you for your information, in my case VO twice refused my TRV application and as you said they hardly give a minute to each application, I think thats really TRUE i guess because they refuse my application stating travel history ( i travel france, amsterdam, london, scotland, georgia, australia etc) than how come they refused my application for travel history lol

can you please help me and send me thee format of cover letter sample if you have so i can use that format and reapply ASAP

thank you

Jun 29, 2017
Hi, I would like to apply for Canadian TRV visa and want to travel for maximum amount of time. I have a full time job, I'm studying, and have my mom to look after. I currently have $8000 in my bank account (no regular transactions) and $8000 as fixed deposit. Although my company (employer) is funding my trip as a bonus. What are the documents they need to provide and what are my chances of getting the visa approved? Do I need to show proof of my funds as well? Any help will be greatly appreciated as I want to do my best to get my visa approved.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi, I would like to apply for Canadian TRV visa and want to travel for maximum amount of time. I have a full time job, I'm studying, and have my mom to look after. I currently have $8000 in my bank account (no regular transactions) and $8000 as fixed deposit. Although my company (employer) is funding my trip as a bonus. What are the documents they need to provide and what are my chances of getting the visa approved? Do I need to show proof of my funds as well? Any help will be greatly appreciated as I want to do my best to get my visa approved.
How much time is 'maximum amount of time'?

If you're planning a visit >3 weeks = Weak employment ties = Reduced chances of approval

moferanmi

Sep 21, 2011
Hello everyone!

Please I need your help.

I am a student in Canada. I got married recently. My husband's application for an Open Work Permit was submitted (online) on April 7th. The application was rejected yesterday.

I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated purpose in
coming to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 200(1) of the
IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
• I am not satisfied that your spouse can support you until you find employment.

I submitted all necessary documents from my school, his property document and bank statement but the money in my husband's account was not much.

I would like to know how soon we can reapply.
Can my husband show more money in his account as gift from his mum towards the application?
Or should we just get his uncle to show his bank statement and offer to sponsor us?
How can we address all the concerns of the VO in our next application?

Please help us with any information related to this case.

Thanks in advance

vishnukum

Jul 25, 2017
Hi Team,

Iam from india & applied for canada TRV (offline ) through vfs center in hyderabad and it get forwarded through bangalore consuldate office on 27th june 2017, my purpose of visit is Tourism , I submitted Finance support documents, my salary slips, my family details, Leave letter from my office and everything which mentioned. I got refusal letter stating " OTHER REASON: your proposed travel is not reasonable in light of one or more of: your employment history, level of establishment, travel history and/or your travel plans.

I have submitted every supporting documet and still got refused, Im confused and planning to apply again, kindly give reason for sucessfull TRV

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Team,

Iam from india & applied for canada TRV (offline ) through vfs center in hyderabad and it get forwarded through bangalore consuldate office on 27th june 2017, my purpose of visit is Tourism , I submitted Finance support documents, my salary slips, my family details, Leave letter from my office and everything which mentioned. I got refusal letter stating " OTHER REASON: your proposed travel is not reasonable in light of one or more of: your employment history, level of establishment, travel history and/or your travel plans.

I have submitted every supporting documet and still got refused, Im confused and planning to apply again, kindly give reason for sucessfull TRV
Note enough information. How long a visit did you request? What family members were you leaving back home? What amount did you show in funds that's available to pay for your trip? Have you previously traveled to countries requiring visas such as the UK and US? What sort of job do you hold?

vishnukum

Jul 25, 2017
I have requested to visit Toronto for 5 days, I showed my Up and down flight tickets , Hotel room tickets. Iam leaving my father & mother and they are old, im the only son. I Showed 4300 CAD in my account. I dont have travel history

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I have requested to visit Toronto for 5 days, I showed my Up and down flight tickets , Hotel room tickets. Iam leaving my father & mother and they are old, im the only son. I Showed 4300 CAD in my account. I dont have travel history
It's not surprising why you have been refused. As someone who has not traveled on short visits abroad, your intended first visit abroad of just 5 days + you booked/paid for hotel/flights + finances of just CAD 4300 + no relatives/family in Canada..... does not make you seem like a genuine tourist.

To a visa officer:
1. Why would you travel halfway across the world to Canada for a 5 days' sightseeing trip? It seems rather unusual, doesn't it?

2. Why would you spend a significant amount of money as a tourist to visit Canada?

3. Who would take care of your elderly parents when you're away?
etc etc etc

IMO, you must NOT reapply until your personal and professional circumstances have changed considerably

Mar 9, 2017
Many applications for a temporary visa (TRV) to Canada are rejected because the applicants don’t have bonds strong enough to make them return to the home country.

The form letter of refusal from Canada also advises against re-applying unless the applicant has some new evidence. Since most applicants have done the best job they can with the first application, and have no new evidence to offer, so they give up.

An acquaintance who works wit VOs in a Canadian embassy has a different take on this: apparently it CAN be useful to immediately re-apply, with the same application and same evidence. Here`s why.

The average VO has something like 45 seconds to assess each application for a TRV. Why so many applications? Partly because travel agencies will submit multiple applications for a single client to many countries, hoping for at least one approval out of the many refusals.

So the overworked VO will routinely refuse applications unless there is a compelling reason to approve. But if the applicant re-submits, challenging the VO’s reasoning in a cover letter, but essentially drawing the VO’s attention to the strong evidence already presented in the original application, then the VO has to pay more serious attention, and the chances of approval rise significantly. Essentially the applicant is taking his application out of the big pile of applications in the first in-basket and putting it in the smaller pile for special VO consideration.

At least that’s what my “insider source” says. So, if you want a TRV, apply early, giving yourself enough time to re-apply. If you really want to make the best case, give yourself time to get the CAIPS notes after the first refusal, then address those VO concerns in the new cover letter.

As a closing thought / question, I wonder if it would improve chances of approval if in the first cover letter you were to state that you are applying so far in advance of the travel date precisely to give yourself time to get the CAIPS notes, rebut, and re-apply

Good to know.

Ghayasudin

Aug 1, 2017
Kabul Afghanistan
Visa Office......
NOC India New Delhi
NOC Code......
NOC India New Delhi
App. Filed.......
thank you so much for the information you shared here, can you please guide me in my case, i have been accepted for scholarship in 2017 in a institute of Canada, but unfortunately yesterday i received visa refusal letter Embassy of Canada, Visa Section Abu Dhabi.
i shared the issue and letter with my institute in Canada which i have provided scholarship and the institution send me a letter proof confirmation of my acceptance on the address to the Visa application center. asked me to submit appeal against visa refusal, i check through Q&A in www.cic.gc.ca and could find clear guidance how to submit my appeal. At meanwhile since i am closing to the deadline if i reapply for visa , should i use the same user account i had applied last time or should create new account , Also how about the biometric should i resubmit my biometric information ? kindly if you guide me step by step in both cases (1) how to appeal against refusal of my visa and submit the updated documents , (2) how can i reapply , should i use current existed user account where i have already documents submitted in my previous application or generate new account . your are any one else in forum support will be highly appreciated
thanks
Ghayas

Ghayasudin

Aug 1, 2017
Kabul Afghanistan
Visa Office......
NOC India New Delhi
NOC Code......
NOC India New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Dear Tobby and Forum Members
I really need your kind support if any could help me

My case is as; i have been accepted for scholarship in 2017 in a institute of Canada, but unfortunately yesterday i received visa refusal letter Embassy of Canada, Visa Section Abu Dhabi.
i shared the issue and letter with my institute in Canada which i have provided scholarship and the institution send me a letter proof confirmation of my acceptance on the address to the Visa application center. asked me to submit appeal against visa refusal, i check through Q&A in www.cic.gc.ca and could find clear guidance how to submit my appeal. At meanwhile since i am closing to the deadline if i reapply for visa , should i use the same user account i had applied last time or should create new account , Also how about the biometric should i resubmit my biometric information ? kindly if you guide me step by step in both cases (1) how to appeal against refusal of my visa and submit the updated documents , (2) how can i reapply , should i use current existed user account where i have already documents submitted in my previous application or generate new account . your are any one else in forum support will be highly appreciated
thanks
Ghayas[/QUOTE]

damansin

Jul 16, 2017
Hello
I sent sponsorship letter to my parents in india
They applied vsiitor visa paper based file on 10th July.
35 days have passed and we have not heard yet.
I recently got PR 2 months back so celebrating my new step and due to permanent job i cant leave from here so i requested them to visit me.
Any idea about paper files how long it take and where to call for knowing the status.

I applied for my parents
My mother was refused visa in 2015

RockyBlond

Nov 22, 2017
Baku, Azerbaijan
Hi and good day to everyone.

Being private entrepreneur and GM of the medical distribution company I represent two medical device manufacturers, one from British Columbia, the other from Nova Scotia. To overview current status of cooperation and discuss distribution possibilities in other countries we agreed to meet and I planned to visit our partners' office in Canada. So, I applied for TRV online and included all required documents together with invitation letter from the partner in BC. To my great surprise my application was refused. As a reason two points were marked, the travel history and purpose of visit. FYI as a travel history I attached copies of two travels to Germany. And as a proof of my visit purpose I sent invitation letter from the partner.

What else should I attach to get my application confirmed?

Please, help.

Thanks in advance,

Ulvi