+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

******REAL SITUATION IN CANADA FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS*******

arun_kumar

Mar 29, 2013
smallestearth said:
If u get a chance to read this It will be highly helpful. I have been accepted at the Uni of Western Ontario, London in MEng (Power) and I also have an acceptance letter from German Universities in the same course. Could u plz b kind enough to guide me where should I go...??? My goals are to become permanent resident and to land a professional job... (sounds difficult)...
Confused Prospective Student
I agree with aman..........Go for western Ontario........I know the reason you are confused is because your tuition will be very low for german university.......But in case if you don't know german (I assume you don't) then you have to struggle a bit (maybe more) in many aspects...like you cant mingle with students ,lectures and also diff to find a part time job (which is assume you have planned) without german and ultimately a full time job.......and you can t get PR in german unless you complete A level german proficiency test.....Hope it helps

smallestearth

Apr 22, 2013
Thank you very much. You guyz are great. You guyz replied in the blink of an eye. One last thing, as you have mentioned "part time job", is it easy to find in London, Ontario or should I do a short course in something to get one. Cuz UWO has clearly mentioned in their letter that they will not grant me any fellowship (assistantship)...

aman singh

Oct 26, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
20-03-2011
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2011
LANDED..........
28-04-2011
Hi,

You're not eligible to work on the starting 6 months.
After 6 months , you'll be eligible to apply for off-campus work permit.
After receiving it, you can work 20 hrs per week.
And maximum you can earn $800-900 per month.
And that is enough for monthly expense in London,Ontario.

Good Luck.

pratham

Feb 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC, NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/04/2013
File Transfer...
09/04/2013
Med's Request
14/02/2013
Med's Done....
14/02/2013
VISA ISSUED...
19/04/2013
LANDED..........
SOON
wat abt pg certificate course for chef in canada. n jobs for chef. there is no masters course as uch in culinary feild

smallestearth

Apr 22, 2013
aman singh said:
Hi,

Good Luck.

Thank you

sidhardh

Star Member
Feb 19, 2013
London
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
18/01/2018
COLLEGE VS. UNIVERSITY: 3 MYTHS DEBUNKED

Consider all the possibilities before choosing a college or university.
It’s exhausting trying to navigate the onslaught of brochures and recruiters making their pitch at high schools around the country this time of year. While university is sometimes the obvious choice, depending on your career path, college and trade schools have lots to offer. They sometimes get left out of the equation due to some common misconceptions. Let us clear those up for you…

Myth #1: People only go to college because they can’t get into university

Truth: Most of my friends from university changed their majors and degree programs more often than their socks. While that may not be saying much, the point is that many university students have no idea what they want to do with themselves and are paying thousands of dollars a year to figure it out. Colleges, on the other hand, are far more goal-oriented. They tend to be full of people who mean business, often times after having finished a generic university degree program and realizing that what they really want to do requires more specific training. Therefore, I would suggest to you that while people may go to university because they can, they go to college because they should.

Myth #2: I’ll get a better job and make more money if I go to university

Truth: Stats Canada’s latest survey results show that students from a college or trade school are more likely to become employed following graduation than those graduating with a bachelor’s degree from a university (Statistics Canada, 2010). Add to the mix the cost of living during the average 4-year university degree program compared to that of a college or trade school, which usually offer program diplomas in half the time. All this to say that, while salaries may be generally higher for jobs requiring a university degree, colleges have the potential to get you out of school and into the workforce sooner and with a higher percentage of employment than your average university program. You do the math.

Myth #3: The quality of education at a university is better than college

Truth: I took a course in university called “Leadership and Group Dynamics”. For whatever reason, our professor was from the Nursing faculty despite the fact that it was a Recreation Management class. We spent 4 weeks watching the movie “Alive” and analyzing each character’s leadership style as the group tried to survive a plane crash in the Andes Mountains. I came home from class every week and wrote a letter of complaint to the Dean. I could also tell you about my first-year Sociology class that had 350 students in it, over 40% of whom failed the course. Or about my roommate who did an exchange in France for a year and was told, upon her return, that she didn’t have enough credits to graduate and would have to spend another entire year at school in order to qualify for her BA with a major in French.

Consider all the possibilities

Universities can be large, impersonal and disorganized. While your prof may have a PhD, it is often a grad student TA marking your work and leading tutorials. Colleges, on the other hand, tend to have much smaller class sizes and a wide variety of instructors who have proven to be experts in their particular field. The work is specific and applicable. It’s quality over quantity in most cases.

Like I said, sometimes university is the obvious choice. You can’t become a cardiac surgeon or district attorney at your local community college. But if you truly are weighing the options and trying to consider all possibilities before making the big decision regarding post-secondary education, it’s important to know the facts and be informed about the pros and cons of each type of program at your disposal.

Besides, university and college misconceptions make for pretty lame myths. Those should really just be reserved for cool stuff like dragons and sea monsters.

Read more: http://studymagazine.com/2010/11/26/college-vs-university/#ixzz2RpQeilIy

over9000

Star Member
Mar 17, 2013
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aman singh said:
Hi,

Good Luck.
In which other provinces, earning $800-900 will be enough for monthly expenses?

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
nandu.gogila said:
Hi Brothers/Sisters,
Lot of you might be dreaming about coming to Canada for higher education or maybe lower education.Please read the below paragraphs and then decide.

There is no point doing diploma courses in colleges as 1.The fees are very high ,2.Why would you do diploma after degree and 3.No big jobs for pass outs, as I see here. Many guys who completed diplomas are working in blue collar jobs earning close to $10/hr,(they say they spent some 10 lacs or more for the course) majority of these guys are from Punjab,Gujarat and Andhra.Some come from Pakistan and Bangladesh as well.They curse the consultants now for giving them a wrong ideas and details about Canada.Most of them are students sent by Canam & VisaHouse...FEW STUDENTS CALL THEM CHEATS.

And more importantly, they speak about PR, there is no way you can get PR doing some courses in colleges, expect Pharmacy related courses.Even for Masters there are a lot of clauses for students, to be blunt IT/Engineering guys are not needed here. If you believe getting PR in Canada is easier, you are kidding. I know what sort of things people are doing here to get PR and that too just hoping it works.

If you guys are going to consultants, you are doing a mistake.All they want is just money and they will tell you all sorts of stories for money.They will not ask to pay them anything before hand,till you get your visa. Actually, they dont need it as they will get commision from the fees you pay every semester from the colleges.If you go to any consultant and say you want to do Masters straight away they will say you are not eligible.Firstly,most of the Canadian universities dont have any tieups to consultants and secondly, the consultants will not get any money if you do not go to the colleges they suggest. ALL I WANT TO SAY IS DO NOT BELIEVE IN YOUR CONSULTANT COMPLETELY,PLEASE DO SOME HOMEWORK YOURSELF.

Well these are my sincere opinions from what I have seen here and heard. Rest is all upto you to decide.

I really pray to GOD that this will help you to make the right decisions.

Regards,
NG

Few things :
Apply for Collage directly that's better.
But if you apply using Agents then also fees etc same and they get commission from collage directly .

Here mind one thing - Consultant are qualified experience people who are registered with iccic . and they have to be Canadian citizen or PR. Done course and give licensing exam. They will Charge you upfront 1000-3000$ for advice and help . just like Lawyers.
Now one you talking about are AGENTS. They do not have any knowledge. They just a agent of Collage getting Student for there Collage for commission.
They are non regulated and all care for you to apply in Collage of there Choise. Sometime fool you by applying at many Collage and University but at last come with offer letter for only 1 collage who give them commission.

Blue Color job : they are from $10 a hour to $25
Work as attandent in gas station $10
Security guard $14
Ware house $18
Construction labor $25
All approx.

If you deserve you will get white color job . all you need good English and knowledge.
Without fluent English getting white color is little hard.
In Canada no one care who work in blue or white color. Everyone treated with equality.
Plumber, Car Mechanic make $60-100 a hour.
Few eg-
I bought Car battery. It cost me $90. And for installation they quote $ 60 (Canadian Tyre). As it will take there 30-40 min labour hour . so I did myself in 15 min.
Planning to do my house Deck myself with my friend help as that will cost me 1600 for material. If get done by someone it costing me $6000. So I watch few you tube vedio and will do as do it yourself project. Will take professional just 8 hour and for me it will be 2-4 day.
Student do get PR. Actually 90% chance you get PR if you on Student. Then proper job during 3 year post study WP.

Reactions: Chenna_g

ro 46

May 16, 2016
i like to do diploma course in business. i have completed my 12th. will this help me in getting PR and a good white color job in after completing diploma.

sudan.r

May 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ro 46 said:
i like to do diploma course in business. i have completed my 12th. will this help me in getting PR and a good white color job in after completing diploma.
you can but be excellent with your academic and communication skills.......there are lots of opportunities out there...

Reactions: Chenna_g

Cherrypaul

Star Member
Apr 21, 2016
Hey guys
Today i am feeling like i got my all back home buddies back..
Guys please i need your help!I am also a student here..and completed my masters degree here in canada and need to apply for work permit.
Guys last year i have charged here for a silly mistake and charges were withdrawn and i am non- convicted.
Now i am worried it will effect my work permit or not?
I talked to lawyers they are asking for a huge amount of fees which i cannot afford at all.
Friends please please help me...i dont have so many friends here..as i am so stressed...from last year whatever happened i dont talk with so many people here...
Please give me your suggestions.please!

JazzB

Star Member
May 30, 2014
Hello everyone,

I need a help from you guys.

I have a friend of mine. He was an international student and did two courses of 8 months each (total 16 months) considered to be 2 program of 1 year each. Ideally he should get two or three years post-graduation work permit after his studies. But he got work-permit of only for one year. When he called CIC they said that they didn't check his documents properly and they will process the request and send updated work permit within next three months.

Now problem is when he got hard copy of his work permit in mail, there is different UCI number mentioned on it than what was on the student permit.

He want to get visitor visa so that he can visit his country and come back in canada.

So what should be done at this time??

Please suggest.

princeantony

May 4, 2018
Hi guys, I completed my UG with 6.5 cgpa . I am trying to study with an decision to study well and earn and save family.But some posts are pretty scary and destroying my dream to go to canada . Is it true that getting job in canada is very tough ??. I can only afford to study in PG diploma program in colleges . Is it an reasonable decision or doing only masters is the best choice ?? I like to do Networking support diploma or information technology business analysis operation , Is it an good choice? any suggestions please?

Angel2018

Star Member
Feb 1, 2018
Hi Brothers/Sisters,
Lot of you might be dreaming about coming to Canada for higher education or maybe lower education.Please read the below paragraphs and then decide.

There is no point doing diploma courses in colleges as 1.The fees are very high ,2.Why would you do diploma after degree and 3.No big jobs for pass outs, as I see here. Many guys who completed diplomas are working in blue collar jobs earning close to $10/hr,(they say they spent some 10 lacs or more for the course) majority of these guys are from Punjab,Gujarat and Andhra.Some come from Pakistan and Bangladesh as well.They curse the consultants now for giving them a wrong ideas and details about Canada.Most of them are students sent by Canam & VisaHouse...FEW STUDENTS CALL THEM CHEATS.

And more importantly, they speak about PR, there is no way you can get PR doing some courses in colleges, expect Pharmacy related courses.Even for Masters there are a lot of clauses for students, to be blunt IT/Engineering guys are not needed here. If you believe getting PR in Canada is easier, you are kidding. I know what sort of things people are doing here to get PR and that too just hoping it works.

If you guys are going to consultants, you are doing a mistake.All they want is just money and they will tell you all sorts of stories for money.They will not ask to pay them anything before hand,till you get your visa. Actually, they dont need it as they will get commision from the fees you pay every semester from the colleges.If you go to any consultant and say you want to do Masters straight away they will say you are not eligible.Firstly,most of the Canadian universities dont have any tieups to consultants and secondly, the consultants will not get any money if you do not go to the colleges they suggest. ALL I WANT TO SAY IS DO NOT BELIEVE IN YOUR CONSULTANT COMPLETELY,PLEASE DO SOME HOMEWORK YOURSELF.

Well these are my sincere opinions from what I have seen here and heard. Rest is all upto you to decide.

I really pray to GOD that this will help you to make the right decisions.

Regards,
NG
Please chat me up on whatsapp 08168134102

meryllmex

Apr 4, 2019
Can anybody help me please
Hello everyone,
Can anybody help me I was pursuing my studies at a different school (Yorkville University, New Brunswick) and finish my winter semester last March 29, 2019. My withdrawal from the Yorkville Univerisity would be process within this week
and I am transferring to Lambton College and I was given a letter of acceptance for September 2019. Am I allowed to work during a 5 months gap or not? What should I do? Please help me

Anyone had the same experience?

Thank you.