+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

******REAL SITUATION IN CANADA FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS*******

Apr 21, 2013
i am applying for MBA program Ryerson University Toronto the cost is 26,000$ for program no idea if its for full program or 1 year ... i would like to ask you can i apply for Part time Mba as an international student as i have done my graduation from UK , England from a university i am exempted from English Proficiency course and what is Gmat compulsory or ?? ... i am spending a huge amount as i need PR otherwise i wont ... and i worked here in a professional company for about 4 years as an assistant manager ....
i am quiet confuse what if this investment and MBA will help me getting PR ??
YOUR SUPPORT IS HIGHLY APPRECIATED

DocRZ

Apr 5, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila (Online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
Med's Request
29-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-08-2013
Passport Req..
08-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
MBA is pretty expensive in Canada. Why not do it in the UK since you're already there. Tuition fees are quoted per academic year. As far as I know, you cannot apply for a study permit if you intend to be a part-time student only. Visa office will automatically know that you intend to work in Canada. Off Campus Work Permit is only for full-time students and has a limited working hours (I think up to 16 hours a week only). You should come to Canada on a working permit since your primary goal is to work, then study. Applying for PR status comes in later if you have stayed in canada for at least 6 months, has a valid work visa/employment contract etc. Just consult the CIC website for all the details re:pR application.

karthik1990

Apr 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-08-2013
LANDED..........
05-09-2013
nice post:) even i wonder why students choose diploma after a bachelor degree ? diploma is nothing but studying ur bachelors degree again for the 2nd time, do u people think its wise ?....,if ur not getting a seat in masters with ur profile jus go to usa...there are many universities

Nadeem_jee

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2010
U.A.E
Visa Office......
ABUDHABI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2010
Doc's Request.
30-04-2010
Nomination.....
00-00-00
AOR Received.
30-04-2010/1st AOR
IELTS Request
01-04-2010
File Transfer...
9-06-2010/25-08-2010 2nd AOR
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
00-00-00
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
naughtykhawaja said:
i am applying for MBA program Ryerson University Toronto the cost is 26,000$ for program no idea if its for full program or 1 year ... i would like to ask you can i apply for Part time Mba as an international student as i have done my graduation from UK , England from a university i am exempted from English Proficiency course and what is Gmat compulsory or ?? ... i am spending a huge amount as i need PR otherwise i wont ... and i worked here in a professional company for about 4 years as an assistant manager ....
i am quiet confuse what if this investment and MBA will help me getting PR ??
YOUR SUPPORT IS HIGHLY APPRECIATED
oho just wana say yeh Khawaja Naughty kab se ho gai jee??? hahaha

so when are u applying for MBA??

farhan88

Mar 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD and OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2016
AOR Received.
04-09-2016
IELTS Request
Provided band 9
Med's Request
Passed
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
30-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
W8ing
LANDED..........
W8ing
same thing here , i applied for master of laws through a consultant here in pakistan and not only did he waste my money but the time also.. so i did my home work, wrote everything by my self prepared my application as good as i could and got accepted to queens university, dalhousie university and university of ottawa............. now i am going in dalhousie university in shaa allah for the sept 13 intake and i have also prepared my whole visa file by my self so lets see what happens........ and best of luck to all you guys as welll.... but hey totally agree with the topic we are all eligible for university admission we just need to make our files good. because even if you got the admission in some college, the visa officer will reject your case because u wouldnt be having the logical case selection and then problems will go on and on..........

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@nandu, good you shared your experience. However, as many participants mentioned, you must come prepared as to what you will face in Canada. Yes, your intention has been good and appreciate it. Now as we are talking about college Vs. Uni, most of it being said is right. However, diploma/diplomas aren't waste of time if selected carefully. I know many students from commerce background go for international business management diploma and usually it doesn't fetch them a job as there are already many students with same qualification. Now, one must pick a course basis the past experience and must not forget to review the current job market scenario in Canada. Consulting a consultant is not a bad idea, but relying blindly on what they say is a stupid idea. One must do a good home work on course, college/uni, country, province and future of the course in respective country/province. Guys, lets not get demotivated, people went in 1990, people went in 2000 and people are going now and will go after you have already landed. War is won when one is well prepared and expect the worst and ready to face it.

Wish you all the very best.

Cheers!

vivekforbes

Feb 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sabby2612 said:
@ nandu, good you shared your experience. However, as many participants mentioned, you must come prepared as to what you will face in Canada. Yes, your intention has been good and appreciate it. Now as we are talking about college Vs. Uni, most of it being said is right. However, diploma/diplomas aren't waste of time if selected carefully. I know many students from commerce background go for international business management diploma and usually it doesn't fetch them a job as there are already many students with same qualification. Now, one must pick a course basis the past experience and must not forget to review the current job market scenario in Canada. Consulting a consultant is not a bad idea, but relying blindly on what they say is a stupid idea. One must do a good home work on course, college/uni, country, province and future of the course in respective country/province. Guys, lets not get demotivated, people went in 1990, people went in 2000 and people are going now and will go after you have already landed. War is won when one is well prepared and expect the worst and ready to face it.

Wish you all the very best.

Cheers!
Completely agree with you!!

virtigo

Feb 19, 2012
unfortunately i got trapped in the same consultant net.i did do my research about the whole procedures beforehand but i was stupid enough to stil opt for consultancy since one of my teachers suggested it for better visa chances.i regret it as i have paid him 15,000 rupees and he doesnt do his work.he lied a lot to me about the procedures.and thankfully i didnt believe him completely since i did a lot of research online and asked queries from experts on here.he told me that fixed deposit in the bank of 14 lakhs was the only route to get my visa.also he tried to suck in another 10,000 rupees by sayin that he wanted to check my qualification to see if iam eligible to apply for spp visa since i had a backlog in one subject and cleared it a year later.i have seen so many students who have had 15 backlogs or more and stil ended up finishing them before leaving the college and applied for visa and got in to the colleges.i didnt pay him the ten thousand rupees of course.i told him that there is no such thing and now hes all grumpy because i caught him and he isnt paying much attention to my work. :(

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Virtigo, do not know your location. However, most of the reputed consultants do not charge you any fee. However, they do get commission directly from college from your tuition fee which you will any which way will end up paying whether you apply via consultant or not. Hiring a good consultant is a wise decision as they do help you with your application. However, one must not rely completely on anybody. Universities do not have tie ups with consultants, only a few Uni have tie ups with Consultants. Hence consultants push you for college. So if you are getting in a good Uni and can afford little higher fee, opt for Uni. Now, as far as your current file is concerned, doesn't matter if your copied docs are with consultant, you can directly approach Uni for admission if you meet requirements. So go ahead.

cheers!

aman singh

Oct 26, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
20-03-2011
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2011
LANDED..........
28-04-2011
I totally agree with you.
But it doesn't means that college education is useless.
Canadian employer doesn't look for education qualification. They look for experience.
And it's not so hard to get into a company by showing your skills.
I'm doing a simple business diploma. That time i was not aware about the educational system of Canada. So i follow my consultant steps. But i have a plan now. Beside my college , I'm studying various online course for Completing CFP[Certified financial planner].
And definitely NO university degree can equalize CFP studies. So it's all the same. Both University and college people have to sit for various license exam in their field to get good paying job. If you think the university degree will help you to get a 60-70k job. Then forget about it. It is all license thing. From Pharmacist to plumber , all need license. No education will help you to skip this step.
I'm not criticizing University education, it is helpful. But still if you're going for college and with a plan. Then you don't have to worry.

Good Luck.

vinaymor01

Apr 22, 2013
To nandu

Dude, You must be correct that these certificate courses are of no use to students. They must be struggling to get jobs after passing out. FINE. Do everyone get jobs here inIindia among billions after graduating ?

But do you even look at the situation at their home countries where they are not happy with a respectful job (because it doesnt pay much---> 15K starting salary and 25K after 1 year of experience then 35K after 3 years of experience and so on).

I have seen many people immigrating to these countries professionally and not able to get a job ..!! Why ? because back home, the standard of work one do is not at all acceptable in these developed countries..It wont be...The system is different. So, one has to get in the education system and learn.

One can always go for master degrees after 1 year of education in certificate programs. 1 year is nothing. At least you entered the place and can figure out the possibilities and can actually get into good universities later on. People do M.S MBA's at the age of 32-35 , So cant we ?

ECE Engr

Star Member
Apr 18, 2013
farhan88 said:
same thing here , i applied for master of laws through a consultant here in pakistan and not only did he waste my money but the time also.. so i did my home work, wrote everything by my self prepared my application as good as i could and got accepted to queens university, dalhousie university and university of ottawa............. now i am going in dalhousie university in shaa allah for the sept 13 intake and i have also prepared my whole visa file by my self so lets see what happens........ and best of luck to all you guys as welll.... but hey totally agree with the topic we are all eligible for university admission we just need to make our files good. because even if you got the admission in some college, the visa officer will reject your case because u wouldnt be having the logical case selection and then problems will go on and on..........
I am planning the same, to apply for the study permit myself, can you help me with the checklist for the required documents?

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
nandu.gogila said:
Hi Brothers/Sisters,
Lot of you might be dreaming about coming to Canada for higher education or maybe lower education.Please read the below paragraphs and then decide.

There is no point doing diploma courses in colleges as 1.The fees are very high ,2.Why would you do diploma after degree and 3.No big jobs for pass outs, as I see here. Many guys who completed diplomas are working in blue collar jobs earning close to $10/hr,(they say they spent some 10 lacs or more for the course) majority of these guys are from Punjab,Gujarat and Andhra.Some come from Pakistan and Bangladesh as well.They curse the consultants now for giving them a wrong ideas and details about Canada.Most of them are students sent by Canam & VisaHouse...FEW STUDENTS CALL THEM CHEATS.

And more importantly, they speak about PR, there is no way you can get PR doing some courses in colleges, expect Pharmacy related courses.Even for Masters there are a lot of clauses for students, to be blunt IT/Engineering guys are not needed here. If you believe getting PR in Canada is easier, you are kidding. I know what sort of things people are doing here to get PR and that too just hoping it works.

If you guys are going to consultants, you are doing a mistake.All they want is just money and they will tell you all sorts of stories for money.They will not ask to pay them anything before hand,till you get your visa. Actually, they dont need it as they will get commision from the fees you pay every semester from the colleges.If you go to any consultant and say you want to do Masters straight away they will say you are not eligible.Firstly,most of the Canadian universities dont have any tieups to consultants and secondly, the consultants will not get any money if you do not go to the colleges they suggest. ALL I WANT TO SAY IS DO NOT BELIEVE IN YOUR CONSULTANT COMPLETELY,PLEASE DO SOME HOMEWORK YOURSELF.

Well these are my sincere opinions from what I have seen here and heard. Rest is all upto you to decide.

I really pray to GOD that this will help you to make the right decisions.

Regards,
NG
This is not true anymore for IT atleast because Canada's new FSW program is all about engineers...

and yes it is hard to get a job but you cannot just rely on your diploma...you need to learn things on your own..go for a co-op if you are eligible...I have seen many people just resort to the $10 because they dont want to study....

In the end it all depends on you and your luck

smallestearth

Apr 22, 2013
If u get a chance to read this It will be highly helpful. I have been accepted at the Uni of Western Ontario, London in MEng (Power) and I also have an acceptance letter from German Universities in the same course. Could u plz b kind enough to guide me where should I go...??? My goals are to become permanent resident and to land a professional job... (sounds difficult)...
Confused Prospective Student

aman singh

Oct 26, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
20-03-2011
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2011
LANDED..........
28-04-2011
Western Ontario is a very good University.
You should choose Canada because the Permanent residency is easy to gain, you must need German to apply for professional job in Germany. So in all respect Canada will be a good option.

Good Luck.