+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

******REAL SITUATION IN CANADA FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS*******

nandu.gogila

Oct 30, 2011
Hi Brothers/Sisters,
Lot of you might be dreaming about coming to Canada for higher education or maybe lower education.Please read the below paragraphs and then decide.

There is no point doing diploma courses in colleges as 1.The fees are very high ,2.Why would you do diploma after degree and 3.No big jobs for pass outs, as I see here. Many guys who completed diplomas are working in blue collar jobs earning close to $10/hr,(they say they spent some 10 lacs or more for the course) majority of these guys are from Punjab,Gujarat and Andhra.Some come from Pakistan and Bangladesh as well.They curse the consultants now for giving them a wrong ideas and details about Canada.Most of them are students sent by Canam & VisaHouse...FEW STUDENTS CALL THEM CHEATS.

And more importantly, they speak about PR, there is no way you can get PR doing some courses in colleges, expect Pharmacy related courses.Even for Masters there are a lot of clauses for students, to be blunt IT/Engineering guys are not needed here. If you believe getting PR in Canada is easier, you are kidding. I know what sort of things people are doing here to get PR and that too just hoping it works.

If you guys are going to consultants, you are doing a mistake.All they want is just money and they will tell you all sorts of stories for money.They will not ask to pay them anything before hand,till you get your visa. Actually, they dont need it as they will get commision from the fees you pay every semester from the colleges.If you go to any consultant and say you want to do Masters straight away they will say you are not eligible.Firstly,most of the Canadian universities dont have any tieups to consultants and secondly, the consultants will not get any money if you do not go to the colleges they suggest. ALL I WANT TO SAY IS DO NOT BELIEVE IN YOUR CONSULTANT COMPLETELY,PLEASE DO SOME HOMEWORK YOURSELF.

Well these are my sincere opinions from what I have seen here and heard. Rest is all upto you to decide.

I really pray to GOD that this will help you to make the right decisions.

Regards,
NG

Reactions: karambir

mrkashif

Star Member
Apr 20, 2012
After reading this,i feel i did a big mistake to applied in college. that's why i am waiting from the last five months.Plz be careful new students when choosing college.I hope after reading this no other student will get in trap of consultants nets.

vidhi1987

Star Member
Mar 16, 2012
Hey,
thank you so much for eye opening facts....

it seems like you are already thr so can you please tell me in which university u r enroll? I really wanna get admission in university but its too hard to get in....and also taking too much time for admission...

UmairHashmi

Star Member
Nov 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Isb
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-Jan-2012
File Transfer...
23-Jan-2012
Med's Request
Waiting
Interview........
Waived
Nice sharing. I am totally agreed with your opinion.

world.citizen

Star Member
May 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
10-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
Soon!
What's your story, Nandu? How's your educational and work profile like? Have you not found a job yet?

champ1388

Star Member
Mar 21, 2012
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Agree with Nandu..no point in going for college courses. if someone aspires to get PR. should go to a UNIVERSITY and for some masters(degree) program

amarecharla

Oct 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-02-2015
Yes Nandu is right.After spending so much money for those diplomas, people are struggling find jobs.They do all odd jobs to earn money. I have seen the punjabi,guratis in all stores,gas stations, etc.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
You don't need a consultant to apply to any university or college and they can not change the outcome of your application in any way. All you need is spend time on the schools' websites and you should find everything you need.

hell911

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wow, now im going to ditch the college application i sent, retake IELTS, then aim for university.

H

HBK

HI,
To,
Everybody.
Not only international students even skilled professional immigrant also struggling to find job.
See the link
It totally depends on individual's skills.
I meant to say no university/college will fetch a meaning full job just after immidiately completing the course,no matter wheather it is master or diploma.

take a look at link written by captain qorax.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t31106.0.html

mehtab007

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nandu.gogila said:
Hi Brothers/Sisters,
Lot of you might be dreaming about coming to Canada for higher education or maybe lower education.Please read the below paragraphs and then decide.

There is no point doing diploma courses in colleges as 1.The fees are very high ,2.Why would you do diploma after degree and 3.No big jobs for pass outs, as I see here. Many guys who completed diplomas are working in blue collar jobs earning close to $10/hr,(they say they spent some 10 lacs or more for the course) majority of these guys are from Punjab,Gujarat and Andhra.Some come from Pakistan and Bangladesh as well.They curse the consultants now for giving them a wrong ideas and details about Canada.Most of them are students sent by Canam & VisaHouse...FEW STUDENTS CALL THEM CHEATS.

And more importantly, they speak about PR, there is no way you can get PR doing some courses in colleges, expect Pharmacy related courses.Even for Masters there are a lot of clauses for students, to be blunt IT/Engineering guys are not needed here. If you believe getting PR in Canada is easier, you are kidding. I know what sort of things people are doing here to get PR and that too just hoping it works.

If you guys are going to consultants, you are doing a mistake.All they want is just money and they will tell you all sorts of stories for money.They will not ask to pay them anything before hand,till you get your visa. Actually, they dont need it as they will get commision from the fees you pay every semester from the colleges.If you go to any consultant and say you want to do Masters straight away they will say you are not eligible.Firstly,most of the Canadian universities dont have any tieups to consultants and secondly, the consultants will not get any money if you do not go to the colleges they suggest. ALL I WANT TO SAY IS DO NOT BELIEVE IN YOUR CONSULTANT COMPLETELY,PLEASE DO SOME HOMEWORK YOURSELF.

Well these are my sincere opinions from what I have seen here and heard. Rest is all upto you to decide.

I really pray to GOD that this will help you to make the right decisions.

Regards,
NG

Hi,

If you see one of my previous post.... The CHC New Delhi staff said to my dad..that THERE ARE ONLY LABOUR JOBS AVAILABLE for these PG cert/diploma/business cert courses form these Canadian colleges. So..it's worthless...unless you do some practical trade courses from these colleges..which are unfortunately all UG/diploma/ceritficate courses!

I was wondering..if it may be possible to join a 2years PG cert course... get the visa, and then after reaching there, change the visa status for joining a lower UG/Diploma level 2 years trade course.. is it possible..or the visa condition change will be rejected?

Lemme know guys!

nandu.gogila

Oct 30, 2011
Well I am very glad to see so many people reading the thread, I really hope they make good decisions.
@mehta
If you see one of my previous post.... The CHC New Delhi staff said to my dad..that THERE ARE ONLY LABOUR JOBS AVAILABLE for these PG cert/diploma/business cert courses form these Canadian colleges. So..it's worthless...unless you do some practical trade courses from these colleges..which are unfortunately all UG/diploma/ceritficate courses!
This is fact.Most of the people at least 90% of those who did these useless diploma,business cert course are doing labour jobs.

I was wondering..if it may be possible to join a 2years PG cert course... get the visa, and then after reaching there, change the visa status for joining a lower UG/Diploma level 2 years trade course.. is it possible..or the visa condition change will be rejected?
Yes, you can change a course after you come here.

@hell911: Thats good decision bro.Univs also have a good visa sucess rate.
@Vidhi: I have few friends in Univ of Regina. What help do you want??

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
nandu.gogila said:
Well I am very glad to see so many people reading the thread, I really hope they make good decisions.
@ mehta
This is fact.Most of the people at least 90% of those who did these useless diploma,business cert course are doing labour jobs.

Yes, you can change a course after you come here.

@ hell911: Thats good decision bro.Univs also have a good visa sucess rate.
@ Vidhi: I have few friends in Univ of Regina. What help do you want??

Friend,
All know what is in Canada, truth is no one spending 10 lacs in collage diplomas, student paying only 5-6k $ which is approx 3 lac as first semester fee to come Canada through agents.

Now see who are these students : Who struggling in India/Pak for 15000 rs job even after graduation.

They come Ca, do struggle and hard work - doing 10-15$ hour job in places like super market , petrol station, call centre or Macdonald etc.

Even after after all expenses (living in shared room with friends) if they saving 600-700$ and sending home then isn't it good .

At least after few year they will work out way to be PR .

Life is name of struggle. At least they supporting there family by working in Ca, what could they get by working in bank or as a MR in own country , isn't hard to earn enough money to buy own bike there ?

Not one who can afford 10 lacs going to collage for diploma , as they can afford Uni, collage diplomas is option for students who wanna get place to earn money by spending 4-5 lacs rs and willing to do struggle in there initial few year in Ca.

We should not just look at dark side of coin.

Reactions: Bestin
H

HBK

Aquib said:
Friend,
All know what is in Canada, truth is no one spending 10 lacs in collage diplomas, student paying only 5-6k $ which is approx 3 lac as first semester fee to come Canada through agents.

Now see who are these students : Who struggling in India/Pak for 15000 rs job even after graduation.

They come Ca, do struggle and hard work - doing 10-15$ hour job in places like super market , petrol station, call centre or Macdonald etc.

Even after after all expenses (living in shared room with friends) if they saving 600-700$ and sending home then isn't it good .

At least after few year they will work out way to be PR .

Life is name of struggle. At least they supporting there family by working in Ca, what could they get by working in bank or as a MR in own country , isn't hard to earn enough money to buy own bike there ?

Not one who can afford 10 lacs going to collage for diploma , as they can afford Uni, collage diplomas is option for students who wanna get place to earn money by spending 4-5 lacs rs and willing to do struggle in there initial few year in Ca.

We should not just look at dark side of coin.
I agree with you.
This guy nandu wrote blue coller jobs. i wonder what is blue coller and white coller jobs in canada? it is we INDIANS believe so.
i mean what is wrong if student doing such jobs to survive in canada.
atleast something is better than nothing.