+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re-issue of Expired COPR & Visa

Jaysingh99120

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Same case happened to me. I've already sent passport for stamping and now I see there is an update to upload passport document on account.
Now my question is should we upload passport with new visa sticker or old visa sticker?
I have received the COPRs finally with all the passports. However, we will have to upload the Front page of Passport.. i suppose.

Reactions: Titanium

Erseenvi

Feb 11, 2020
Hi everyone,

I applied for a Canadian experience class express entry in Canada but then I had to go back to my country. When my COPR was issued in October 2020 I was abroad, and I let IRCC know. I couldn't go to Canada due to Covid measures. Since October 2021, I was trying to reach IRCC to get my COPR reissued. Every time, they tell me that my application is under review in Ottawa by the webform. By the way, IRCC has never asked me if I'm still willing to come to Canada or not, even though it is stated on their webpage.

Do you know anyone having the same problem? I contacted to a lawyer for this case, but he told me that if IRCC says a such thing in the webform, I should wait for the final decision.

Any help would be appreciated!

JulianGodwin

Jan 6, 2021
Hi everyone, I got this "Do you still want to immigrate to Canada email" in Oct 2021 too. I got a remedical request in Jan 2022 and it updated in my account on Feb 4, 2022. Nothing after that. Should we send updated PCC or anything else to them?

nups1991

Sep 14, 2018
Hi, I applied for PR under express entry in Sep 2020, but then i had to travel to India in March 2021, i got my CoPR in May 2021. I informed IRCC about it. I couldnt come back until Jan 2022, since then i am following up but every time i receive the same response as the application in progress and they are evaluating to extend the CoPR. I submitted a web form in April, 2022 to change my Marital status to Married. and i got a response last week that it has been sent to responsible team and the application is in progress. i followed up through local MP's office too, but i get the same response everytime. Anyone has any suggestion what can be done.

LK009_LRE

May 30, 2019
Hi, my original COPR is Dec 2019 and after the process (re-medical and few more documents submission for new child) I got the PPR in May passports were sent to VFS and but now I see an open slot to submit copies of the passport but I did not scanned all the pages since original submission and now the passports are with VFS also today received another request asking to submit schedule A Background Declaration and Additional family information (Which i already submitted when adding my daughter). Point to note the country of residence is changed between original COPR and now (IRCC is already informed). Anyone else came across similar scenario. Requesting more details after PPR? Thank You.

Toona

Jun 22, 2022
My COPR expired on Dec 2020 and had not heard anything form IRCC until March 2022 got a pre-arrival letter. And nothing ever since.

LOKNATH214

Jan 12, 2020
Hi everyone,

I applied for a Canadian experience class express entry in Canada but then I had to go back to my country. When my COPR was issued in October 2020 I was abroad, and I let IRCC know. I couldn't go to Canada due to Covid measures. Since October 2021, I was trying to reach IRCC to get my COPR reissued. Every time, they tell me that my application is under review in Ottawa by the webform. By the way, IRCC has never asked me if I'm still willing to come to Canada or not, even though it is stated on their webpage.

Do you know anyone having the same problem? I contacted to a lawyer for this case, but he told me that if IRCC says a such thing in the webform, I should wait for the final decision.

Any help would be appreciated!
Hi,
Me too in similar situation, we got our COPR in Oct 2020, but only I was able to travel and complete my PR formalities; my family was not able to travel, so their COPR got expired. I raised a webform in Nov 2021 to re-issue the COPR for my family, no reply from IRCC yet. Still waiting.
When I call them, they just say, "Its in process and cannot give any update on timelines".

Judy12

Star Member
Jan 27, 2021
Hi, I applied for PR under express entry in Sep 2020, but then i had to travel to India in March 2021, i got my CoPR in May 2021. I informed IRCC about it. I couldnt come back until Jan 2022, since then i am following up but every time i receive the same response as the application in progress and they are evaluating to extend the CoPR. I submitted a web form in April, 2022 to change my Marital status to Married. and i got a response last week that it has been sent to responsible team and the application is in progress. i followed up through local MP's office too, but i get the same response everytime. Anyone has any suggestion what can be done.
Hi i have same situation,
what visa office

Toona

Jun 22, 2022
Hi there, I have been requested for re-medical along with biometrics and re-filling of IM0008+IM5669 forms all over again for re-issue of COPR that expired in Dec 2020. Is it same with others as well? As I have usually seen people mentioning only re-medical.

Judy12

Star Member
Jan 27, 2021
Hi there, I have been requested for re-medical along with biometrics and re-filling of IM0008+IM5669 forms all over again for re-issue of COPR that expired in Dec 2020. Is it same with others as well? As I have usually seen people mentioning only re-medical.
wow. what’s your visa office. are you outside canada?

netcaf

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
Hello all,

2020.04.07 PPR
2020.04.22 COPR
2021.03.01 COPR expired
2021.10.22 Medical Request
2021.11.09 webform for pregnancy
2021.11.09 Request for adding on dependent child

2022.07.11 baby born
2022.08.05 Sent collected documents for adding child through webform.

Until now, no GU, no update, my child's information doesn't appear on CIC account.
I'm feeling so anxious about it.
How long does it take for IRCC to reply or adding child's information? Thank you.