+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RCMP fingerprints timelines

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
thanks for replying :) 3 weeks is a very long time. Everything takes forever now :)
luckily for me, the status got updated as IRCC received my fingerprints results. So I am not waiting for RCMP to reply to my email anymore.
Hopefully it will be quick turn around for you as well. Good luck.

Reactions: Pascal.H

nikcap

Mar 23, 2019
I'm still not clear why they need fingerprint clearance for the second time, and why it take now so long (4+ weeks already) to process it?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I'm still not clear why they need fingerprint clearance for the second time, and why it take now so long (4+ weeks already) to process it?
Criminality clearance that is obtained on the basis of the fingerprints you submit is valid only for 1 year. If the criminality clearance expires and a decision is not made on your application before that, then IRCC will request fingerprints again.

nikcap

Mar 23, 2019
Criminality clearance that is obtained on the basis of the fingerprints you submit is valid only for 1 year. If the criminality clearance expires and a decision is not made on your application before that, then IRCC will request fingerprints again.
Why?
IRCC explained the request in fingerprinting, because they need to do background check on your application timeline (which was 2 years ago), then they receive clearance that during those period was everything okay.
Having requesting NEW fingerprint clearance a year later, as citizenship eligibility period was ALREADY cleared - just has juridically zero sense.

Pascal.H

May 26, 2015
Laval
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
29-12-2016
Med's Request
19-01-2017
Passport Req..
05-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2017
LANDED..........
21-08-2017

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Why?
IRCC explained the request in fingerprinting, because they need to do background check on your application timeline (which was 2 years ago), then they receive clearance that during those period was everything okay.
Having requesting NEW fingerprint clearance a year later, as citizenship eligibility period was ALREADY cleared - just has juridically zero sense.
Its because IRCC can't work with an expired criminality clearance. Like I already mentioned, criminality clearance is valid only for 1 year. At the time of decision making, apparently, criminality, security and immigration clearances all have to be valid.

Because you were required to submit fingerprints before to obtain a criminality clearance, IRCC wants fingerprints again to get a new criminality clearance since the old one expired. RCMP, AFAIK doesn't store fingerprints. I think fingerprints are destroyed soon after a criminality clearance reported is issued.

As to "why" they have this policy in place, you'll have to ask IRCC about that.

maxiie

Champion Member
Jul 21, 2021
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
15-07-2021
Nope the will send it directly to Vancouver IRCC office. You have all the instructions in FP request letter so provide that info to the agency at the time of FP.
no, they send to your mailing address. Not sure which stream you're talking about

Usher9387

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
no, they send to your mailing address. Not sure which stream you're talking about
I didn't receive one and IRCC agent confirmed they get updated from RCMP whe i did mine. Even if they send it to your mailing address by mistake you should send that to IRCC (its again to much delay process)

maxiie

Champion Member
Jul 21, 2021
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
15-07-2021
I didn't receive one and IRCC agent confirmed they get updated from RCMP whe i did mine. Even if they send it to your mailing address by mistake you should send that to IRCC (its again to much delay process)
am saying you're talking about different stream. my friends had got sent to their mailing addresses in past for PR